PDA

View Full Version : Losman - just your vote as of right now

trapezeus
09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
There are enough threads bashing the guy....but i think last week, most of us said he needed more time.... I think this game kind of brought the rest of us around. Just curious to know what the overall opinion is right now. Should he stay or should he go?

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
JP is one of the MANY MANY things wrong on this team. Im sure he'll be like many players we let go, that once they go on to another team, they're appreciated and used to their abilities.

London Fletcher is the new savior leader on defense in Washington,
Darwin Walker is a force in Chicago,
Pat Williams is still a force,
Clements is well, still Clements
Takeo I'm sure is appreciated in Philly.
McGahee, as much as people here might not like him, he actually is doing better there than here.

Just seems like when players are brought here, it's just so much negativity and losing mentality in Buffalo, it's hard for players to be 1. proud to be a bill, 2. proud of the bills play, 3. proud of the tradition in the past 7 years in buffalo.

Just sad to see that the teams we used to fall back on and say "Oh well at least we're better than the Texans/Cleveland/Detriot/Oakland..."

Sorry to say, but all those teams look better than us right now.

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM
"No, 2 games is just not enough"???

Try 18+ games.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 10:27 AM
watch tonight's game if you want your Fletch and Spikes update- they play against each other.

As far as Losman and the topic at hand- I really just don't know anymore. I have serious doubts about Losman being able to get it done, but this team has so many other issues that playing Edwards now might do more harm than good. I don't want to throw him to the wolves.

Plus, while Edwards looked good in pre-season, he has literally zero NFL experience and probably wouldn't produce that many more wins.

I think right now we need to leave Losman in to 1) prove beyond a shadow of the doubt whether or not he's our guy (and right now, I think he's not) and 2) give the rest of the offense more practice to make it easier on Edwards when he does play.

mybills
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Before this season started, I wasn't expecting this team to be at play off level. I don't think the coaches expected it, either. 2 games is not going to change my mind about any player. I didn't like Youboty's performance, but I'm giving him more time. I haven't seen McGee return one for a TD yet, but I know he's capable of it. I know we have a sack master, but he's not do the sacking that we know he's capable of. I haven't seen JP throw a TD yet, but I know he too is capable of it. I don't want to throw any of them away, or replace them, just so fans can feel good about themselves. You don't put gas in a strange car and drive it, you make sure it's got oil and it's tuned. They are taking the time to do this, and I'll be patient.

Fans need to chill out.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 10:38 AM
na na na, na na na, hey hey hey....goodbye!

DraftBoy
09-17-2007, 10:39 AM
No its not enough because we dont have anybody behind him imo thats shown any thing to suggest that he'll do any better except against scrubs.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Before this season started, I wasn't expecting this team to be at play off level. I don't think the coaches expected it, either. 2 games is not going to change my mind about any player. I didn't like Youboty's performance, but I'm giving him more time. I haven't seen McGee return one for a TD yet, but I know he's capable of it. I know we have a sack master, but he's not do the sacking that we know he's capable of. I haven't seen JP throw a TD yet, but I know he too is capable of it. I don't want to throw any of them away, or replace them, just so fans can feel good about themselves. You don't put gas in a strange car and drive it, you make sure it's got oil and it's tuned. They are taking the time to do this, and I'll be patient.

Fans need to chill out.

McGee has never proven he can do anything other than return TD's. He sucks as a CB. You act like all these players are just having 2 bad games. They've had their fair share of bad games and enough of a body of work to make a pretty decent assumption about them. McGee stinks as a CB, Schobel is good but he never has changed the outcome of a game, he's not a gamechanger, JP hasn't show he can do anything but throw the deep ball, and I'm honestly starting to wonder how good Lee Evans really is. If he's so elite, he would be making those hard catches and finding room to get open. These aren't news flashes, Youboty is the only one who deserves more chances because he is only starting his first NFL game, but the other have started plenty to know that they are what they are. So crown their asses!

baalworship
09-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately it looks like the Bills have already decided they want Edwards. That is the only conclusion I can draw where they refuse to call a gameplan that makes any sense. No bootlegs with one of the most mobile quarterbacks in the NFL?

There was a report I believe on ESPN insider before the season saying the Bills coaches like Edwards better. Maybe this playcalling is DELIBERATE...which might explain JP's comments during the press conference.

Regardless of what is actually going on I don't faith in the coaching or the front office at this point...this team is a total mess and is harder to watch than the 2001 Gregg Williams Bills.

mybills
09-17-2007, 10:49 AM
If your attitude is hurry up and win one for me, you're going to be disappointed.

Michael82
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
No its not enough because we dont have anybody behind him imo thats shown any thing to suggest that he'll do any better except against scrubs.
Excellent post! :bf1:

Bill Cody
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
No, we'll wait until we're 0-5 at the bye and then they'll be no reason not to try Edwards.

JD
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
What the hell is up with the 2nd option!?!?! You make it seem like JP is a rookie! What happenend to Clevelands Rookie QB? Exactly, it is time for change.. ONCE AGAIN.

northernbillfan
09-17-2007, 01:44 PM
We can't blame JP fully for yesterdays preformance. He admitted that he was incredibly shaken by the Everett incident and team staff said he wasn't himself all week. He wasn't focused, kept messing up in practice etc.

Was the whole team affected by the Everett incident? Perhaps. We'll see how we fair this weekend against the Pats.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 01:54 PM
JP gets until the bye week, but if he throws out a third clunker this Sunday, the next two weeks he's only keeping the seat warm until Edwards can get in two full weeks of practice with the first team.

Michael82
09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
JP gets until the bye week, but if he throws out a third clunker this Sunday, the next two weeks he's only keeping the seat warm until Edwards can get in two full weeks of practice with the first team.
I still hate throwing Trent Edwards to the wolves (Ravens) as his first game. :ill: :scared: