PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Game yesterday...

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
It's pretty sad that for one, I didn't get heckled too too much. ( I was wearing Poz's jersey, actually ran into one of his uncles there and some people who went to school with him, that was awesome).

But I didn't get heckled as much as I got tons of sympathy. Like...people felt sorry for me, a Bills fan! People pattin me on the back, sayin that if only Poz could play QB (kinda funny), etc. Nice people in Pittsburgh, but it just stinks that that's really the perception of the Bills outside of Buffalo...that we're just so bad that people feel sorry for us.

mybills
09-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I remember feeling sorry for the Steelers before.

eyedog
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I felt sorry for the Steelers back when they had Donahoe ruining their team. Then they woke up and ****canned him, just in time for him to come to Buffalo.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I remember feeling sorry for the Steelers before.

I've never felt sorry for the Steelers. Theyve been a winning franchise for all but a few seasons under Cowher and they have 5 Super Bowl rings to show for themselves, they have an IDENTITY as a football team. For as long as I can remember, it's the Steelers who have been better this whole time, except for in the early 90s. But that's in the past, this is now. And right now, the Bills can't even hold a candle to the Steelers.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I used to laugh and feel sorry for the Steelers...mid 80's with Bubby Brister at QB.

Every NFL team goes through periods where they completely suck, but in parity most teams don't suck for 7+ seasons.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Well even when we were good we still have reasons to be screwed, I heard my fair share of "Hey how many of those Superbowls did you win?" "What do the Bills stand for? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls!" "How do buffalo bills count? 0-1, 0-2, 0-3..."

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 10:44 AM
It's pretty sad that for one, I didn't get heckled too too much. ( I was wearing Poz's jersey, actually ran into one of his uncles there and some people who went to school with him, that was awesome).

But I didn't get heckled as much as I got tons of sympathy. Like...people felt sorry for me, a Bills fan! People pattin me on the back, sayin that if only Poz could play QB (kinda funny), etc. Nice people in Pittsburgh, but it just stinks that that's really the perception of the Bills outside of Buffalo...that we're just so bad that people feel sorry for us.
Since none of us can see downfield on tv do you have any insight having been there on whether or not our WRs were getting open or what JP was looking at? I just want an un-biased opinion of what it looked like from your point of view.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Since none of us can see downfield on tv do you have any insight having been there on whether or not our WRs were getting open or what JP was looking at? I just want an un-biased opinion of what it looked like from your point of view.

Posted this in the other thread but...

for a lot of plays recievers were blanketed with coverage, Evans was always covered, Evans never got open, Price tripped on more than a coupld of his routes totally making him useless in the play, and yeah, more than half the time, the recievers just weren't open. I don't konw if it was the bad routes, or just our horrid WR corps. Probably a bit of both. Seemed like a lot of routes that took awhile to develop.

There were no times I can think of where I was like "WHY DIDNT HE THROW IT TO (BLANK), (BLANK) WAS WIDE OPEN!" When Price was wide open, he threw it to him. I honestly think it's more the playcalling (JP has some right to be pissed). We have Lynch and we only threw to him 1 time. We only ran 4 wide like...2 times? I thought this was supposed to be a spread offense. For as much as we tout Lynch having awesome recieving ablities, the coaches really show their lack of creativity with the plays the run when they have such weapons. If they used Lynch more in the passing game it would open things up more for Evans, for everyone else. If I see us throwing out of 2 TE sets again, it will be too soon. OUR TE'S SUCK!!!!! If i see another 3rd and long and a short completion well short of the first down marker I think i will VOMIT!

I honestly think JP has reason to be pissed, and this is creating a rift in the lockerroom. At this point who has impressed you more? JP? Or Fairchilds playcalls? Have you ever seen a playcall and said to yourself "Wow, Fairchild, that was a really awesome playcall?"

BAM
09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I got a lot of the same comments yesterday at the game. Lots of people saying "Go Poz", also met a guy that claims to be best friend of Paul's dad. He was hammered though and I think he was full of it.

Heinz field is freeking amazing. Wayyyy better than the Ralph. A lot nicer layout around the stadium too.

I will say this though: Pittsburgh's tailgating scene is terrible. I almost fell asleep on my chair yesterday. Their women are nothing to write home about either. We walked through nearly all the tailgate lots and I didn't see ONE with any potential whatsoever. The only hot chick I saw was one that was working one of the stands inside the stadium.

Overall it was a great day. Perfect weather, mostly nice people and it was great to experience it all with my father, who unfortunately is a Steelers fan. Long ride home. haha

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Posted this in the other thread but...

for a lot of plays recievers were blanketed with coverage, Evans was always covered, Evans never got open, Price tripped on more than a coupld of his routes totally making him useless in the play, and yeah, more than half the time, the recievers just weren't open. I don't konw if it was the bad routes, or just our horrid WR corps. Probably a bit of both. Seemed like a lot of routes that took awhile to develop.

There were no times I can think of where I was like "WHY DIDNT HE THROW IT TO (BLANK), (BLANK) WAS WIDE OPEN!" When Price was wide open, he threw it to him. I honestly think it's more the playcalling (JP has some right to be pissed). We have Lynch and we only threw to him 1 time. We only ran 4 wide like...2 times? I thought this was supposed to be a spread offense. For as much as we tout Lynch having awesome recieving ablities, the coaches really show their lack of creativity with the plays the run when they have such weapons. If they used Lynch more in the passing game it would open things up more for Evans, for everyone else. If I see us throwing out of 2 TE sets again, it will be too soon. OUR TE'S SUCK!!!!! If i see another 3rd and long and a short completion well short of the first down marker I think i will VOMIT!

I honestly think JP has reason to be pissed, and this is creating a rift in the lockerroom. At this point who has impressed you more? JP? Or Fairchilds playcalls? Have you ever seen a playcall and said to yourself "Wow, Fairchild, that was a really awesome playcall?"
Thanks for the report. Thats what I thought and that's why I'm not blaming JP just yet.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
I got a lot of the same comments yesterday at the game. Lots of people saying "Go Poz", also met a guy that claims to be best friend of Paul's dad. He was hammered though and I think he was full of it.

Heinz field is freeking amazing. Wayyyy better than the Ralph. A lot nicer layout around the stadium too.

I will say this though: Pittsburgh's tailgating scene is terrible. I almost fell asleep on my chair yesterday. Their women are nothing to write home about either. We walked through nearly all the tailgate lots and I didn't see ONE with any potential whatsoever. The only hot chick I saw was one that was working one of the stands inside the stadium.

Overall it was a great day. Perfect weather, mostly nice people and it was great to experience it all with my father, who unfortunately is a Steelers fan. Long ride home. haha

Dont know where you were at but I was in the lots further away from the stadium under the bridges and bein from pittsburgh, there were hot chics ALL over the place, holy crap. even a few milfs were parked next to us. but yeah, i definitely like the tailgaiting scene in buffalo better, it's more concentrated in the huge lots they have there and the ability to set garbage fires when it gets cold out. theres very little room to throw the football around but all in all, i had fun, got the grill out, drank my labatts, there was one dude who was wearing a kelly jersey wavin his big ass bills flag next to the street. funny stuff

but youre right, great weather, bad game though.

BAM
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I was under the bridges also. That's actually where we parked. Right next to the 222 Bar. The tailgating down there was lame IMO and the girls looked like sasquatches for the most part.

Everybody was blaring their systems, which sounded like total crap in the enclosed area and did nothing but give you a headache. There was no room to throw footballs around anywhere that I saw. Even in the open areas everything was just too smashed together I thought.

I guess you'd expect that being right in the middle of a city though. I'm just used to being in wide open areas like Buffalo & Penn State.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I was under the bridges also. That's actually where we parked. Right next to the 222 Bar. The tailgating down there was lame IMO and the girls looked like sasquatches for the most part.

Everybody was blaring their systems, which sounded like total crap in the enclosed area and did nothing but give you a headache. There was no room to throw footballs around anywhere that I saw. Even in the open areas everything was just too smashed together I thought.

I guess you'd expect that being right in the middle of a city though. I'm just used to being in wide open areas like Buffalo & Penn State.

There was only one guy blarin his system and he has a microphone and he was yelling drunken slurred words into it but I think he was tryin to say "Buffalo sucks". I dunno, I had fun, had some playful jabs back and forth with the bunch of steelers fans next to us, everyone was real nice for the most part, I had a good time but yeah it was kinda boring. I like buffalo tailgaiting better, nothin beats wide open spaces. and yeah, some girls looked like sasquaches but u gotta take the good with the bad. haha. i have selective vision so maybe i just zoned in on the hot chics and didnt realize all the ugly ones

BAM
09-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I was about 20 cars down from that guy with the microphone. Unless of course there were more than 1 which was probably the case but each vehicle left and right of me were also playing their music.. one was reggae and the other played Godsmack, Metallica, etc... and the mixture totally killed my buzz. This was the main reason we took off and walked around to the other areas.

Like I said though, I had a GREAT time regardless and if the Bills ever decide to leave Buffalo, go Steelers. :D

raphael120
09-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I was about 20 cars down from that guy with the microphone. Unless of course there were more than 1 which was probably the case but each vehicle left and right of me were also playing their music.. one was reggae and the other played Godsmack, Metallica, etc... and the mixture totally killed my buzz. This was the main reason we took off and walked around to the other areas.

Like I said though, I had a GREAT time regardless and if the Bills ever decide to leave Buffalo, go Steelers. :D

haha, yeah unfortunately thats some pittsburgh music, everyone likes heavy metal/hard rock/alternative, so i also am used to the music. i beleive the one guy played for whom the bell tolls by metallica and then right after played fergie "london bridge" I was like...that combination should never happen again.

BAM
09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm a fan of hard rock most of the time, but my problem was that the combination with reggae & johnny cash all together at the same time at very high decibel levels doesn't mix well. lol

raphael120
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm a fan of hard rock most of the time, but my problem was that the combination with reggae & johnny cash all together at the same time at very high decibel levels doesn't mix well. lol

YES! You WERE right near me, he did play Johnny Cash. That dude is of no reflection of Pittsburgh music. He friggen STUNK! I was wearin a throwback Poz jersey, I think I was the only one I saw all game with one on.

BAM
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah I saw you then. I was behind you in line for the porta-jon... when you were in there a couple girls ran up and banged on the sides. I was kind of expecting to get the same thing but all I got were air-horns while I was in there. I nearly pissed on my hand.

JD
09-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah I saw you then. I was behind you in line for the porta-jon... when you were in there a couple girls ran up and banged on the sides. I was kind of expecting to get the same thing but all I got were air-horns while I was in there. I nearly pissed on my hand.
lmfao