PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sullivan: Another clunker starts Losman’s clock ticking

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 10:18 AM
This doesn’t feel like progress. And as hard as it is to believe, Losman’s performance in the postgame interview room was even worse. To summarize, he questioned the play-calling and refused to take any personal responsibility for the two losses. Losman actually said he’s not disappointed with his throwing so far.

“No, I’m not,” said Losman, who has thrown for 251 yards and zero TDs this season. “I think we are throwing the ball effectively, when we get those plays called. Certain things are hindering us, like penalties and some protection issues. But we’ll get those corrected. We understand we are 0-2 at this point. We understand the offense has gotten off to a slow start. We also understand we’ve played two great defenses so far.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/164631.html

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Read the article and tell me this is the person you want to follow into battle and that you feel it's all Fairchild's fault.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Guess what JP! You're playing another great defense Sunday.

No wonder people who support him give him excuses for his pathetic poor play. They learn it from JP himself! Be a Leader JP, take some responsibility for your own actions.

If you don't like the playcalling fine, but at least have the balls to admit you haven't executed properly. Because, oh you haven't.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
“We have to be able to attack,” Losman said. “We can’t sit back. We can’t run, run, pass, every time.” For the record, the Bills called run-run-pass on exactly one series of downs Sunday.

:lmao:

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Guess what JP! You're playing another great defense Sunday.

No wonder people who support him give him excuses for his pathetic poor play. They learn it from JP himself! Be a Leader JP, take some responsibility for your own actions.

If you don't like the playcalling fine, but at least have the balls to admit you haven't executed properly. Because, oh you haven't.

Great post. Should we put an "L" next to every team we play this year with a good defense?

streetkings01
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Great post. Should we put an "L" next to every team we play this year with a good defense?I've been doing that for the past 7 years!

DynaPaul
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Real QBs find a way to win against teams with good defenses. What's this guy saying? Every time he faces a good defense he has an excuse to lay an egg? I'm sorry but if that's the case then he'll never get anywhere in the playoffs or win a Super Bowl. EVER. You have to be able to make SOMETHING happen against great defenses.

Bill Cody
09-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Real QBs find a way to win against teams with good defenses. What's this guy saying? Every time he faces a good defense he has an excuse to lay an egg? I'm sorry but if that's the case then he'll never get anywhere in the playoffs or win a Super Bowl. EVER. You have to be able to make SOMETHING happen against great defenses.

He did. 3 points.

Inetpub
09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
With our offense being 31st or 32nd in the league (lets say 31st), does that mean that every team we face is a good defense? Because statistically, there are 30 teams ahead of us.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Not that I'm comparing the two, but we've seen similar statements from Kelly in the past. Jimbo, at various times, called out the o-line, the receivers, the play-calling, etc. The difference is, Kelly was successful to a certain point even when he felt it wasn't his fault, or was being hand-cuffed. Even in a loss, Kelly had the swagger that told you he can play this game no matter what. He just knew the offense could be even better, and he knew he wasn't being a detriment to the team.

Oaf
09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Yesterday DID remind me of Tampa Bay Week 2, 2005.

Damn is that humbling. The last two years. Nothing changed at all.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Yesterday DID remind me of Tampa Bay Week 2, 2005.

Damn is that humbling. The last two years. Nothing changed at all.
No, I was at that Tampa game and it was worse. That was the year that we really thought we were a play-off team and Cadillac put us in our place.

G. Host
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Being able to dissect defenses is what differentiates great NFL QBs from great College QBs. There are plenty of great college QBs who were not able to cut it in NFL while there are good college QBs who got better in NFL due to their abilities to dissect defenses in real time.

Jimbuktu
09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I've been doing that for the past 7 years!

hahahahahahahah ... hahah ... ha

:teary:

DynaPaul
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
He did. 3 points.

Ha ha, pretty funny but that was actually a result of an awesome special teams play.