PDA

View Full Version : The problem isnt JP

mikemac2001
09-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Its a team as a whole

Everyone except lynch has been a disappointment to me.

Play calling is so bad right now, We run run run and never even give our quick guys like roscoe or evans to make a play. ive seen 1 screen this season and we got about 14 yds from it USE lynch in the passing game Please

Our D has been getting torched in the air leonhard makes alot of tackles because he cant cover ****...our lb's look lost most of the time in pass coverage and our Dline is always late to the QB

JP has not looked sharp (im a huge jp guy) but his passes have been low or high and really hasnt made a throw yet that has impressed me. i dont think we give up on him week 2 when we did play 2 pretty solid d's

Oline is a little better mostly in the run game pass blocking seems suspect but we are mostly in obvious passing situations

TE's we dont have any hate Royal the only one i did like was KE because he gave us hope in the passing game....hopefully gaines can do something dont know to much about him tho

I could go on and On but im sick of seeing every post bashing JP

yes he is suppose to lead the team and yes im frustrated with his play but i dont think he is the reason why we are 0-2 there are alot of T.E dudes who just hate JP and want someone diff in

Bills beat Pats jp throws for 300 and then half the board will flip flop

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
you forgot a word in your title. It should say "The problem isn't ONLY JP".

Right now, he's one of many problems.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
And if we beat the Pats and JP throws for 300 yards, this is what should happen: people should stop calling for Edwards immediately but JP should still be on a short leash. He's had good games before. The only way he's going to convince me at this point is if he puts forth a solid effort in 5-6 straight games. It doesn't have to be 300 yards every time- 200 yards with more TD's than TO's would be just fine.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
And if we beat the Pats and JP throws for 300 yards, this is what should happen: people should stop calling for Edwards immediately but JP should still be on a short leash. He's had good games before. The only way he's going to convince me at this point is if he puts forth a solid effort in 5-6 straight games. It doesn't have to be 300 yards every time- 200 yards with more TD's than TO's would be just fine.

Agreed on the short leash comment...he does deserve one.

But following your solid effort in 5-6 games logic...did he convince you at the end of last year?

@HOU: 26/38, 340 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT and a WIN
JAX: 21/28, 169 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT but still had a win (in fact, led a last minute drive)
SD: 21/37, 184 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT, 1 fumble and a loss...(again, another last minute drive but still had some mistakes)
@NYJ: 10/15, 157 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT and a win (Roethlisbergeresque...if that's a word)
MIA: 13/19, 200 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT and a win

There were five solid games in a row...of course, he's had four stinkers in a row since that would unravel any faith. But my point is, if we are to assume Losman can't get it done as an NFL QB, how does one explain those five games last year?
4-1 record, 10 TDs and 4 INTs.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM
There were five solid games in a row...of course, he's had four stinkers in a row since that would unravel any faith. But my point is, if we are to assume Losman can't get it done as an NFL QB, how does one explain those five games last year?

Houston sucked
Miami sucked
Jags: Nothing special, Losman played like Holcomb in that game.
SD: 1 TD pass was setup by the Bills defense creating a turnover at the Chargers 19 yardline. The other TD came in garbage time.
Jets: Any QB in the NFL could have did what JP did that game.

There is more to stats. then just a number.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Houston sucked
Miami sucked
Jags: Nothing special, Losman played like Holcomb in that game.
SD: 1 TD pass was setup by the Bills defense creating a turnover at the Chargers 19 yardline. The other TD came in garbage time.
Jets: Any QB in the NFL could have did what JP did that game.

There is more to stats. then just a number.

you're right...but how do we assess the quality of his starts on a message board post in two minutes? I was just using the stats (mainly the W-L record) to display that he did have solid outings...regardless of the competition. I am not defending JP...I am not bashing JP...I guess I am trying to inject logic and rationale into these debates again. I am tired of the Bashers vs. Lickers arguments that are now only based on the poster's personal historical position...

The last buffalo fan
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM

But following your solid effort in 5-6 games logic...did he convince you at the end of last year?

JAX: 21/28, 169 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT but still had a win (in fact, led a last minute drive)
SD: 21/37, 184 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT, 1 fumble and a loss...(again, another last minute drive but still had some mistakes)
@NYJ: 10/15, 157 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT and a win (Roethlisbergeresque...if that's a word)

Those teams have above average Defenses, so I guess he is not that bad after all, huh?.

We are not winning, and of course it is not nice as a fan/season ticket holders, etc, but it is getting ridiculous now. Some posters are making this site a very boring place. Losman and Levy are not the only ones to blame here.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Guys you can argue all you want but a bad perfromance in NE is all JP needs to be lining the bench.

The Bills aren't going to let him go 4 in a row.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 11:53 AM

I really thought he was going to be fine this year because of that stretch last year. Turns out I was wrong. I don't know why but for some reason he just can't seem to be consistent.

ScottLawrence
09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
More like JP is the cause of most of our problems.

The man can't read and react and instead blames everyone else.

O-Line certainly isn't the problem, there opening up holes and giving JP tons of time and please don't give me this playcalling ****, its not Fairchild's fault Losman is one hopping 10 yards passes.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Its a team as a whole

Everyone except lynch has been a disappointment to me.

Play calling is so bad right now, We run run run and never even give our quick guys like roscoe or evans to make a play. ive seen 1 screen this season and we got about 14 yds from it USE lynch in the passing game Please

Our D has been getting torched in the air leonhard makes alot of tackles because he cant cover ****...our lb's look lost most of the time in pass coverage and our Dline is always late to the QB

JP has not looked sharp (im a huge jp guy) but his passes have been low or high and really hasnt made a throw yet that has impressed me. i dont think we give up on him week 2 when we did play 2 pretty solid d's

Oline is a little better mostly in the run game pass blocking seems suspect but we are mostly in obvious passing situations

TE's we dont have any hate Royal the only one i did like was KE because he gave us hope in the passing game....hopefully gaines can do something dont know to much about him tho

I could go on and On but im sick of seeing every post bashing JP

yes he is suppose to lead the team and yes im frustrated with his play but i dont think he is the reason why we are 0-2 there are alot of T.E dudes who just hate JP and want someone diff in

Bills beat Pats jp throws for 300 and then half the board will flip flop

The Answer agrees - this whole team is definitely a joke, but it all goes back to the QB and right now Losman is more hideous than ever.

Watching Loseman = pure horror :horror:

~The Answer

DynaPaul
09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I say we give him until the half season mark. If he's still sucking after game 8 it's time to put the rookie in for his development.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
The problem at this point is that JP has regressed again, instead of improved. The five or six game run gave him a grace period for this year to a point, but for the third straight year he's fubared the first two games and I'm a little tired of waiting for after mid-season for a guy to hit his stride.

Starting out 1-4 every year and making a late run against garbage teams just doesn't cut it.

Face it...JP could take himself out of the 'play or bench?' discussions by simply performing adequately, regardless of what the team's record is. He needs to be an asset, not a detriment, to the team, and he has yet to prove he can be and his time is running out.

The Spaz
09-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Look what Derek "****ing" Anderson did! Nuff said.:mad:

Michael82
09-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Look what Derek "****ing" Anderson did! Nuff said.:mad:
look what Kelly Holcomb did against the ****ing Bengals when he was with the Browns a few years ago. 'nuff said

:yawn:

The Answer
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
look what Kelly Holcomb did against the ****ing Bengals when he was with the Browns a few years ago. 'nuff said

Anderson is in elite company - previously The Holcomb was the only Browns QB to light it up like that. He did have more passing yards than Anderson though....

~The Answer

sdbillsfan2
09-17-2007, 05:05 PM
If you want to get right down to it ...The ultimate blame has to parked on the desk of Ralph . I watched for years now and have been a fan since the Bills first took the field years ago at the old rock pile.
We find it easy to blame every player, coach, and game plan, but I say it's got to begin with Ralph.
I can almost guarantee, that when the reigns of ownership change so will the
face of the Bills. (Weather they stay or not )Yeah I know all about the glory years of Jim, Bruce , Thurman and company, but even a broken watch is right twice a day.
you want a winning team, get an owner with a winning attitude. Look around the league, the most successful organizations are those with top notch front offices. I like Marv, don't get me wrong, but he's not the guy. I 've never had much confidence in D.J. and don't think he'd get a chance to be a head coach anywhere else. These are guys who Ralph either hired directly or ok'd . Now, as far as an individual player, No body, I repeat nobody, likes Jp, more then I do.....But maybe he isn't the answer. How much time will confirm that? I don't know...but the front office should know.
Bottom line for Ralph ? It's the money folks, don't kid yourself. Bottom line for these young players? I'd say the majority of them really care about winning. So I guess thru All the b.s. all I'm saying is put the blame where the biggest problem is. Ralph Wilson Desk!! SO Ralph, sell the team to local people or to someone who will keep them in Western New York . You owe that much to the folks who made you richer then you ever imagined. And they did it with hard work and a winning attitude. My hat goes off to The Bills Fan and thoser who truly billieve. I have to question Ralph's motives though!

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Anderson is in elite company - previously The Holcomb was the only Browns QB to light it up like that. He did have more passing yards than Anderson though....

~The Answer

You really need to learn some football history before posting or at least look something up before making stupid douche posts like that.

Bernie Kosar threw for 489 yards against the Jets in 86 in the playoffs.

But I guess he wasn't a Browns QB. What about Brian Sipe?

You're right The Holcomb was the only Browns QB to ever light it up like that...or something.

SquishDaFish
09-17-2007, 05:18 PM
This whole team including JP is the ****ing problem except the listed select few....
Lynch,Poz,Crowell,the Safeties. The OL hasnt been horrible but can be better. The DL has had its moments and doesnt totally suck.

TigerJ
09-17-2007, 08:03 PM
I agree with the notion that JP is one of a number of problems. They include too conservative play calling, an offensive line that really hasn't jelled yet (though I think they're getting closer), execution and penalty problems. I know we have been pining for a big #2 WR, but I don't think the WRs have been a huge liability so far. There have been some drops, but I think they have been able to get open most of the time. Price and Parrish have both made some plays.

If we start talking defense, they have their own problems. The DEs have not gotten containment on running plays to the outside, he secondary is thin and young and Fewell is having DBs give a big cushion to make sure the plays happen in front of them. That is giving all kinds of room underneath to make third down catches for first downs with frightening regularity. At some point in time the coaching staff needs to start trusting the kids to make plays, and then the kids have to make them.

And oh yes, JP has had accuracy issues and he's been hesitant to make his reads quickly and get rid of the ball. I wonder if he sees the field as well as he should.

mikemac2001
09-17-2007, 10:07 PM
The Answer agrees - this whole team is definitely a joke, but it all goes back to the QB and right now Losman is more hideous than ever.

Watching Loseman = pure horror :horror:

~The Answer

Watching this team is horror but your own comment answered why your such a bad postercc

This is a team sport while JP might be a leader he cant do everything, if JP went 0-0 and was never allowed to throw you would still blame him for the loss because he handed off in a gay way

My point is JP may not be the answer no pun but he isnt the whole reason why this team is losing and its frustrating to see everyone calling for the benching of him after 2 games againist 2 defenses when How can i guy get in any rythem when he rarely gets a chance to throw the ball

Also Op i made the thread start like that to draw attention

unpaid_bills
09-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Ok guys we had 1 bad game on the road against a very good, fast Defense in Pitt. We played a solid game against Denver one of the better teams in the AFC. Yes we are 0-2 but its a long season look at last year we looked horrible in the begginning and came on at the end and actually had a shot at the playoffs going into the last few games.

We have a revamped OL, new starting RB, numerous injuries and a depleted D. Its amazing what a win will do - they just need to find a way to win and get some confidence.

The Spaz
09-18-2007, 12:35 AM

Missed the point. Do not Anderson have the same experience as Losman? Point is Losman should be able to execute at this point in his career. Yeah Anderson may be a one hit wonder but Losman has yet to have one.

Elminster
09-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Missed the point. Do not Anderson have the same experience as Losman? Point is Losman should be able to execute at this point in his career. Yeah Anderson may be a one hit wonder but Losman has yet to have one.
Short memories abound! I seem to remember him throwing for over 200 yards in a half...and a game where he had three touchdown passes. The former he even led the winning drive...and the latter was the most egregious defensive choke job I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing....