PDA

View Full Version : SI: 8 coaches that should be nervous

The Answer
09-17-2007, 12:22 PM
http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/59738?new=true

3. Dick Jauron, Bills -- The blame lies mainly on management, which refused to address the quarterback situation in the first round of the last two drafts. Their confidence in J.P. Losman is misplaced and they'll regret passing on Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler in 2006 and perhaps Brady Quinn last April.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2007, 12:23 PM
That is stupid.

They did draft a QB in the last draft.

And why you want Jauron to fail is beyond me.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 12:26 PM
That is stupid.

Actually The Answer don't want Jauron to fail - but he's doing himself a disservice by starting Losman who is a certified coach killer. The guy is single handedly destroying Fairchild and making him look worse than Mularkey.

Also The Answer don't agree with this writer because we drafted Trent 'The Franchise' Edwards in the 3rd round to be that guy. Who cares that we passed on Quinn, Cutler, etc if Edwards lives up to billing.

~The Answer

raphael120
I don't think he wants him to fail, it's just that Jauron has a history of failing and it's showin up again now. The Bills need to learn that we can't get by with rejects from other teams and expect them to be good here. Look at the Chargers, they STINK right now and it's because they coaches are weak there.

DraftBoy
They dont believe (and Ill admit I share that belief) that Trent Edwards will ever be a successful NFL QB based on what he did in college.

Also I think Jauron is definetly on the hot seat, we all knew coming in that the fan base was tired of losing and any time your in that kind of a condidtion you dont get the normal 4 years to turn it around 2-3 at tops as sad as it may be.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I actually believe that Jauron is not the problem. He has limited talent, a cheap owner, and QB that he inherited from the previous regime.

However, Evans unwinding on Sunday tells me he is very close to losing the team. He'd better figure out if it is Losman or Fairchild that is the problem and quick or he will be looking for another job.

Ultra Chimp 1
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM
That is stupid.

Martz is said to be leaving Detroit for a head coaching position next year....I would love to have him as our head coach.

Jeff1220
09-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I've been giving Jauron the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think I will anymore. He is a sedate coach, which is fine if you are Tony Dungy (a guy who isn't only quietly inspirational, but also had the X&O credentials on D for many years) but Jauron is quiet in what seems to be a weak/wishy-washy sort of way. The players might like him, but I just can't see him firing them up. And unlike a guy like like Dungy, I don't see Jauron as a guy that can motivate through brains, inspiration and quiet confidence. There will be several attractive HC options next year (if Ralph is willing to pay and Marv is willing to let go). For Jauron to keep his job, not only does this ship need to start to float, it better also catch a stiff wind that puts it in the lead pack at the end of the regatta.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I said to my boy yesterday "they passed up Leinhart for this??"

Mudflap1
09-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd love to see Marty in here... seriously, at least the guy makes the playoffs and wins divisions! And he's a former standout Bill.

Jon

Jeff1220
09-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I'd love to see Marty in here... seriously, at least the guy makes the playoffs and wins divisions! And he's a former standout Bill.

Jon

It would be awesome for the misfortunes of Marty and those of the Bills team history to come to an end together, all at once.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Martz is said to be leaving Detroit for a head coaching position next year....I would love to have him as our head coach.
He is the best OC in the NFL.

As a HC he leaves alot to be desired.

Ultra Chimp 1
09-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Are you saying you'd rather have Jauron than Martz...you're crazy if you do.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
ND sucks and will take time, so bring in Weiss.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Are you saying you'd rather have Jauron than Martz...you're crazy if you do.

I never said that. They are not the only two choices.

patmoran2006
09-17-2007, 01:35 PM

sounds a lot like Jauron as a D.C. compared to HC

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 01:35 PM
The Answer needs to learn about the word doesn't.

Regardless, I'm having my doubts about Jauron and Fairchild. I'm also having my doubts about many players. Either way, I don't think firing Jauron or his staff is the answer as long as the management is still in place. Jauron and company are doing the best they can with what they are given, which isn't a whole lot.

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I never said that. They are not the only two choices.

I hate to admit it but I have to agree with Pat on the coach. They need a real coach and Bill Cowher will be available. If Ralph truly wanted to see consistency and a winner then he needs to throw money at Cowher. Lots of it.

don137
09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
After the bad coaching against Denver I see why Jauron does not have a good record as a HC.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Marty Shottenheimer is the perfect fit for this team. I'm not joking.

Anyone who wants to ***** about him not coaching well in the playoffs can be reminded that you have to make the playoffs to have a record in them.

With that said I'm still not ready to roll Jauron under the bus yet. He doesn't have alot of talent on this team and we couldn't even sign a DT that we desperately needed. However, he does need to figure out if it's Fairchild or JP that's stinking up the joint and make a change quick.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 01:44 PM

Ummmm - he's taken a team to do a superbowl??? Granted he lost (barely) to the Pats in 2001, but he's been to the playoffs multiple times as well.

What on earth has Jauron done except get bounced in his first and only playoff year? He's just a retread that needs to go back to the scraphead after this season.

~The Answer

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Ummmm - he's taken a team to do a superbowl??? Granted he lost (barely) to the Pats in 2001, but he's been to the playoffs multiple times as well.

What on earth has Jauron done except get bounced in his first and only playoff year? He's just a retread that needs to go back to the scraphead after this season.

~The Answer

Martz was handed a SB team by Vermeil.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I'd take Marty over Martz, and Cowher over both of them.

Lynch could be in LT territory with Bill or Schotty.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Martz was handed a SB team by Vermeil.

Regardless of the level of talent in place, taking a team to a superbowl is not something that any moron can do.

Martz is a true offensive mastermind, Fairchild is already showing how clueless he is without him.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 02:02 PM
I'd take Marty over Martz, and Cowher over both of them.

Lynch could be in LT territory with Bill or Schotty.

Great post!!

DraftBoy
09-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Dont think Cowher will come here I dont think his family will allow him to do that

The Answer
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Dont think Cowher will come here I dont think his family will allow him to do that

Don't be so sure - Moolarkey and his family would likely provide a ringing endorsement and positive feedback regarding their brief stay in Buffalo.

~The Answer

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Don't be so sure - Moolarkey and his family would likely provide a ringing endorsement and positive feedback regarding their brief stay in Buffalo.

~The Answer

:rofl:

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-17-2007, 02:59 PM
http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/59738?new=true

3. Dick Jauron, Bills -- The blame lies mainly on management, which refused to address the quarterback situation in the first round of the last two drafts. Their confidence in J.P. Losman is misplaced and they'll regret passing on Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler in 2006 and perhaps Brady Quinn last April.

~The Answer

I'm sure you all have great points, but I must apologize...I wrote this thread off as soon as it suggested regretting passing up Brady Quinn...what a crock of *****!

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm sure you all have great points, but I must apologize...I wrote this thread off as soon as it suggested regretting passing up Brady Quinn...what a crock of *****!

Passing up Cutler is a crock of ****, I'm not so sure about Brady. Although I wouldn't call it a mistake at all because they got Lynch in the deal.

shelby
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
It's the second week of the regular season and y'all are already deciding who our next HC will be?

Shall we just write off the season now?

Have a tiny bit of faith, people. This team will not be a playoff contender this year, but there is time to turn things around.

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
It's the second week of the regular season and y'all are already deciding who our next HC will be?

Have a tiny bit of faith, people. This team will not be a playoff contender this year, but there is time to turn things around.

I'm usually all about having faith in the team but after yesterday I'm slowly losing it, or quickly shall I say. Yesterday was so bad and embarrassing it isn't even funny.

Gunzlingr
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
With 2 TDs and 3 Ints, Leinart and Cutler are lighting it up this season!

The Answer
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
With 2 TDs and 3 Ints, Leinart and Cutler are lighting it up this season!

Leinart 1 - 1 (Big win against the seahawks)

Cutler 2 - 0

The only stats that matter.

~The Answer

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Leinart 1 - 1 (Big win against the seahawks)

Cutler 2 - 0

The only stats that matter.

~The Answer

Cutler might be 2-0 but even you can admit he really isn't that good. Hell, he should be 1-1 after yesterday but not even that matters. Just watch him. He is holding Denver back from being a really good team.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Cutler might be 2-0 but even you can admit he really isn't that good. Hell, he should be 1-1 after yesterday but not even that matters. Just watch him. He is holding Denver back from being a really good team.

And The Answer don't necessarily disagree either - the Broncos are the luckiest team in the league and should be 0 - 2 right now. The raiders have a top 10 defense and worked Cutler yesterday.

But either way Cutler is still outperforming Losman given the fact he's started a grand total of 7 NFL games in his brief career.

~The Answer

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 03:57 PM
And The Answer don't necessarily disagree either - the Broncos are the luckiest team in the league and should be 0 - 2 right now. The raiders have a top 10 defense and worked Cutler yesterday.

But either way Cutler is still outperforming Losman given the fact he's started a grand total of 7 NFL games in his brief career.

~The Answer

I think just about everyone is outperforming Losman right now. I'm not sure if that is anything to really brag about.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 03:59 PM
I think just about everyone is outperforming Losman right now. I'm not sure if that is anything to really brag about.

Kyle Boller had a pretty good game yesterday against the Jets and threw a TD pass to Mcgahee.

~The Answer

RockStar36
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Kyle Boller had a pretty good game yesterday against the Jets and threw a TD pass to Mcgahee.

~The Answer

Yeah and Derek Anderson threw 5 ****ing touchdown passes.

Ultra Chimp 1
09-17-2007, 05:28 PM

Eight years of rebuilding isn't enough time?

shelby
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Evidently not....

Mitchy moo
09-17-2007, 05:43 PM
We aren't rebuilding, we are reliving the mid 80's.:yucky:

Mr. Cynical
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't think he wants him to fail, it's just that Jauron has a history of failing and it's showin up again now. The Bills need to learn that we can't get by with rejects from other teams and expect them to be good here. Look at the Chargers, they STINK right now and it's because they coaches are weak there.

I've been saying this since the day he was hired 1/23/06. Dick sucks. Always will.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM

He should be 0-2, actually, IMO.

DBam
09-18-2007, 03:27 AM
JP will ultimately end up replacing B. Farve in Green Bay when he retires!