PDA

View Full Version : That was Peter's worst game.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
He was schooled all day by 92.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:43 PM
He didn't look particularly good.

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 12:47 PM
He didn't look particularly good.
I commented on another thread that he didn't play well. However I only really saw him get beat once by Harrison early in the game when he got bull rushed into JP for a sack. After that they had Peters blocking the DE all game and leaving Rolyal oR Thomas to block the blitzer which was a nightmare. So although Peters made a couple bad plays I wouldnt say he played terrible either.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
The Answer has said all along that Peters is one of the most overrated players in the entire league.

He is what he is - undrafted, converted TE still learning to play offensive tackle in the NFL. He's a solid player for the most part, but he's never going to be the dominant perenial all pro that some of you would like to believe.

~The Answer

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
He got beat all day. He looked like an undrafted free agent.

hydro
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
The Answer has said all along that Peters is one of the most overrated players in the entire league.

He is what he is - undrafted, converted TE still learning to play offensive tackle in the NFL. He's a solid player for the most part, but he's never going to be the dominant perenial all pro that some of you would like to believe.

~The Answer

Its not only posters here, its most of the football world. Everyone thinks this guy has what it takes to be a pro bowl LT. Ill let him get used to the position before we come to any conclusion.

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM

~The Answer
K that's simply an inaccurate statement. Not only do our coaches think he is an excellent player but so do coaches from other teams who watch him on tape, as well as analysts, commentators and game announcers.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 12:57 PM
the guys we expected to step up and go to the probowl are missing. Peters and Evans. :ill:

R. Rich
09-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I commented on another thread that he didn't play well. However I only really saw him get beat once by Harrison early in the game when he got bull rushed into JP for a sack. After that they had Peters blocking the DE all game and leaving Rolyal oR Thomas to block the blitzer which was a nightmare. So although Peters made a couple bad plays I wouldnt say he played terrible either.

It's not just the plays where he got beat (there were more than one, trust me) that were painful to watch. On Keisel's sack, they ran a twist stunt where he went outside and got matched up w/ Robert Royal, who he beat for the sack. Peters looked inside on that play and blocked............nobody. Not only did he get beat by the Steelers' rushers, but he, like the other linemen, were befuddled by the blitz packages thrown @ them, showing little or no recognition of where they were coming from and what to do to counter them.

Oaf
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
He didn't look too bad to me. I saw him get beat one time in pass protection, but the one thing that I was disappointed at was the lack of push on the left side in the run game.

He still is a solid LT at the least.

camelcowboy
09-17-2007, 04:29 PM
how many 3-4 defenses has peters started at LT.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
K that's simply an inaccurate statement. Not only do our coaches think he is an excellent player but so do coaches from other teams who watch him on tape, as well as analysts, commentators and game announcers.

Talk is cheap - he needs to show it on the field before The Answer takes him seriously.

~The Answer

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Talk is cheap - he needs to show it on the field before The Answer takes him seriously.

~The Answer
I can count on 3 fingers how many times Peters has been beaten by his man since playing LT or RT and I don't need all three to do it.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
It's Melvin Fowler's fault.

Devin
09-17-2007, 07:06 PM

~The Answer

Well its funny you mention that, perhaps everyones favorite jr. scout doesnt actually catch to many games.

In 2006 Peters allowed 2 sacks in 16 games. And had only 6 penalties the whole season.

I am sure you already knew that in 2005 he was credited with only allowing 1.5 sacks over 16 games and only 3 penalties all season.

Thats some stats for yo ass.