PDA

View Full Version : Heres something to think about

Inetpub
09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Everyone here argues why we havent turned JP loose and let him bombs away the football. I think the OC has a gameplan and if you listen, Heres my analysis.

1. a run play has a high rate of effectiveness. Given we make room for lynch to run.

2. Passing plays have a lower successrate than running plays. How? easy. We can make 4 yards a run play. How many times has Evans/price caught the ball this year out of many we've thrown thier way? looking at the numbers, we have bigger gain with runs.

3. time management. we run, we waste time. we pass and it drops, clock stops. The coaches know that so they want to run run run because they dont want the ball in the other teams hands.

4. JP to Evans for the big gain happens every other game. Not a good enough rate to be airing the ball out all the time.

5. JP throws high/long. High rate of interception and body damage to recievers. Last game, Evans lived in the air because he jumped for every pass attempted to him!

So, do I think the OC sucks? I dont think they are doing a bad job. I think the execution sucks but the OC is calling the smarter plays because of successrates. Do I think JP is a moron for calling them out? YES.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought they would against the broncos. He's been in the league for 4 years now for crying out loud. Stop treating him like a rookie. If he still sucks, then the search for Kelly Jr. continues.

DynaPaul
09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm all for opening it up. JP wants carte blanche? Then give it to him! If he falters then he has no more excuses and we at least see what we have in him.