PDA

View Full Version : Losman backs off comments

T-Long
09-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Bills | Losman questions play-calling, but backed off Monday
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:14:34 -0700

Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman questioned the team's play-calling after their Week 2 game. Losman believed the offense should have been more wide open in the first half. However, Losman backed off those comments Monday, Sept. 17, saying he had no interest in deflecting any responsibility for the loss away from himself.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
like I said, he talks too much.

MTBillsFan
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
No matter how crappy the play calling is, the players need to exicute and not make excuses... JP wants the O to open up? He needs to get the ball out of his hands and our WR's need to work to get open.

bigbub2352
09-17-2007, 02:28 PM
no matter what play u call, when u stand in the pocket and hold the ball pump faking till the rush gets there then throw the ball 100mph at someone, usually that is called panicking

YardRat
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Actions talk, bull**** walks.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 02:37 PM

Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman questioned the team's play-calling after their Week 2 game. Losman believed the offense should have been more wide open in the first half. However, Losman backed off those comments Monday, Sept. 17, saying he had no interest in deflecting any responsibility for the loss away from himself.

At least he's stepping to the plate and taking responsibility for being such a horrible QB.

~The Answer

Meathead
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
:link:

shelby
09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Haven't you ever been upset, frustrated, and angry....and said something in the heat of the moment that you later regretted?

i'm sure that was the case.

madness
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
:link:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

The playcalling was pretty weak. On every single second and short, we ran the ball and almost all of them were for a loss. I remember reading that we basically attempted something like 8 passes in the first half.

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

The playcalling was pretty weak. On every single second and short, we ran the ball and almost all of them were for a loss. I remember reading that we basically attempted something like 8 passes in the first half.

I agree....the 2nd and short situations were not taken advantage of. Then again, nothing else was either.

madness
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I agree....the 2nd and short situations were not taken advantage of. Then again, nothing else was either.

I know.

McGee - most wasted talent in the NFL.

bills_7
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
i think 80 to 90 % of ppl like JP.. and the other 10 to 20% that hate him come on here and bash him

u put JP on dallas he puts up btr numbers then romo

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
i think 80 to 90 % of ppl like JP.. and the other 10 to 20% that hate him come on here and bash him

I like JP but no way.

Billzz
09-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Only thing Dallas gives him is a better line with more time to pat the ball.

DMBcrew36
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM
The play-calling was definitely too expected. Denver knew exactly what we were going to do, especially when we take Marshawn out for passing downs. The coaches need to start mixing it up better - try passing on 1st down for once, too.

kinigirly
09-17-2007, 06:55 PM

i'm starting to wonder this. today i expected all my coworkers, news stations, and radio to be calling for losman's head. they didn't. i didn't hear one person complain about jp, i just heard everyone complain about the bills. i'm starting to wonder if this place is a dangerous brainwashing cult. i enjoyed today until i read the posts here :scratch:

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
i'm starting to wonder this. today i expected all my coworkers, news stations, and radio to be calling for losman's head. they didn't. i didn't hear one person complain about jp, i just heard everyone complain about the bills. i'm starting to wonder if this place is a dangerous brainwashing cult. i enjoyed today until i read the posts here :scratch:

Maybe where you work is a dangerous brainwashing cult.

kinigirly
09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Maybe where you work is a dangerous brainwashing cult.

ummm yeah negative on that one

YardRat
09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
The play-calling was definitely too expected. Denver knew exactly what we were going to do, especially when we take Marshawn out for passing downs. The coaches need to start mixing it up better - try passing on 1st down for once, too.

Buffalo had 19 first down plays in the game, and called pass plays on 11 of them.

2 of 6 in the first half, 9 of 13 in the second.

Lynch's first down runs in the first half went for 12, 0, 9 and 8 yards, or better than a seven yard average.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 07:16 PM

I can't find the article but if he did back off than he's an even bigger wussy than I thought.

Mr. Cynical
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM

The beginning of the end of his tenure in Buffalo. He will be traded next year, mark my words.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm glad he was/is pissed off about the play calling. He wants to win, how can you blame the guy for that?

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm glad he was/is pissed off about the play calling. He wants to win, how can you blame the guy for that?

Too bad he doesn't play to win...I blame him for hanging receivers out to dry on the high throws or throwing the ball to groundhogs. I blame him for holding the ball too long. I blame him for his perceived inability to go through progressions. I blame him for locking on one receiver.

I like him as a person and what he's done for the city, but I hate him on the field. It's hard to be so down on a guy who is wonderful for the community, but wonderful in the community doesn't = wins.

Turf
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Better question is, does the team have actual scripted plays with timing patterns?

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM

You have got to be kidding. Better numbers than Romo. OK. Whatever :lmao:

BTW........most of us like JP. You're way off on your percentage of people that are realizing he's just not very good. Big differance between talented and good.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM
You have got to be kidding. Better numbers than Romo. OK. Whatever :lmao:

BTW........most of us like JP. You're way off on your percentage of people that are realizing he's just not very good. Big differance between talented and good.
Romo's not that great.

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Romo's not that great.

He's a hell of a lot better than JP Losman

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:10 PM
He's a hell of a lot better than JP Losman
I'd argue that.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't think that you'd have a leg to stand on in arguing JP is better than any other starting QB in this league as of today.

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
You could argue it all you want. The facts are on my side. Your's is just opinion of a biased bills fan.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't think that you'd have a leg to stand on in arguing JP is better than any other starting QB in this league as of today.
Romo isn't as good as his stats make you think he is. Better than the Losman of this year with the horrible play calling? Sure, better than the Losman of the last eight games where he was allowed to play his game? No so much.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:14 PM
You could argue it all you want. The facts are on my side. Your's is just opinion of a biased bills fan.
I'm actually a fan of both the Cowboys and the Bills. I'm a Cowboys season ticket holder and just like the Bills haven't missed a game in six years so you are basing this on stats alone without having seen every game so silence yourself.

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Typical Bills fans. We hate a team so we say thier players are not that good. Are you in the same bunch that kept saying Brady was not that good and the Pats were just getting lucky winning thier Super Bowls.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Typical Bills fans. We hate a team so we say thier players are not that good. Are you in the same bunch that kept saying Brady was not that good and the Pats were just getting lucky winning thier Super Bowls.
Just quit talking. You're making an even bigger idiot of yourself. I live in Dallas, I watch every game, I go to just about every home game, I have the jerseys, I have the memorabilia, I've played basketball with Owens. You know nothing about anything so shut your face.

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm actually a fan of both the Cowboys and the Bills. I'm a Cowboys season ticket holder and just like the Bills haven't missed a game in six years so you are basing this on stats alone without having seen every game so silence yourself.

What the hell are you supposed to judge on? Looks? And BTW........It's not just stats. How about a little thing called wins and leading a team to the playoffs. A QB that is progressing instead of regressing.

I will not silence myself. JP Losman is a good kid that just plain blows. I'll keep saying it till he proves me wrong or is out of here. I'm willing to bet on which is gonna happen first. Are you?

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Just quit talking. You're making an even bigger idiot of yourself. I live in Dallas, I watch every game, I go to just about every home game, I have the jerseys, I have the memorabilia, I've played basketball with Owens. You know nothing about anything so shut your face.

I know JP sucks which is obviously more than you know.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
What the hell are you supposed to judge on? Looks? And BTW........It's not just stats. How about a little thing called wins and leading a team to the playoffs. A QB that is progressing instead of regressing.

I will not silence myself. JP Losman is a good kid that just plain blows. I'll keep saying it till he proves me wrong or is out of here. I'm willing to bet on which is gonna happen first. Are you?I simply think that the rest of America overrates Tony Romo. He has a lot of the same problems Losman has, he just has a better team around him and a better Defense to get him out of some tough situations. He also has an owner that is willing to do anything it takes to win and a coach who knows his head from his ass.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I know JP sucks which is obviously more than you know.
You clearly haven't read any of my posts.

Novacane
09-17-2007, 09:28 PM
You finally said something I agree with. Romo is overated. Me saying he's better than JP is hardly saying I think he's great.