PDA

View Full Version : Two Steps Back

RedEyE
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Jumping off the bandwagon...head first...

I know it's only been 2 games, but I't painfully obvious that this team has taken a 2 steps backward.

Good teams overcome adversity and bad teams just get worse when adversity comes knocking on the door.

I think it starts with Juaron and rolls steadily down hill. I've had high hopes for this guy, but never had that warm fuzzy feeling. Honestly, especially having listened to his weekly conversations on Sirius, I don't think this guy could motivate ants to eat crumbs. He's monotone and boring and just talks in political circles that young players will tend to ignore. I keep hearing what a great guy he is and players want to play for him and win for him, but if that's the case why is this offense been upgraded talent-wise, yet more piss poor then the year before? I seriosuly think this YOUNG team needs a coach to light some fires and motivate this group of guys in the right direction.

Fairchild and Losman: Fairchild is an OC, and let's face facts, what does an OC want more then anything? To put points on the board!!! Juaron has a leash on his playbook and they've hit Conservative Street traveling -15MPH.

Losman is a competitive individual that wants to prove what he's got, but he can't even make the simple plays look good. For two straight weeks this guys has found a way to F-up a screen pass. How? Please tell me how you F-up a 7 yard lob into the flats? Honestly, regardless if the playbook has been curbed or not, if Losman can't even get the offense moving with the simple high school plays, what coach in their right mind is going to want to let him throw it downfield?!

Often people say that 1 player does not make a team, but in this case a dependable QB means everything to this team. I am the BIGGEST Holcomb hater on the block, but even I could have seen Holcomb moving the ball better then Losman yesterday. It's time for JP to grow up and move up. A couple of decent drives and a TD and the Bills defense would have kept us competing in this game.

And by the way, for those crapping all over this banged up defense: If you keep the ball out of the hands of the other team once in a while...maybe make a first down in the first half..at least one.. then the defense isn't as **** assed tired in the 4th qrtr.

That defensive squad might be giving up a **** ton of yards, but it's also playing the way it's designed. Give them the underneath and hold them in the red zone. Which is exactly what this D has done for two games. Add an ineffective offense and you end up with a defining result with = 26-3...most of the opposing offensive points stacking late in the game. Time of possesion my peeps.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
The defense kept us in the game for almost 3 quarters.

That's better than the offense deserved.

shelby
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
DON'T JUMP RED!!!
:eek:

Seriously, well thought out post, and i appreciate that.
Do you see anything positive about this team?

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM

I know it's only been 2 games, but I't painfully obvious that this team has taken a 2 steps backward.

Good teams overcome adversity and bad teams just get worse when adversity comes knocking on the door.

I think it starts with Juaron and rolls steadily down hill. I've had high hopes for this guy, but never had that warm fuzzy feeling. Honestly, especially having listened to his weekly conversations on Sirius, I don't think this guy could motivate ants to eat crumbs. He's monotone and boring and just talks in political circles that young players will tend to ignore. I keep hearing what a great guy he is and players want to play for him and win for him, but if that's the case why is this offense been upgraded talent-wise, yet more piss poor then the year before? I seriosuly think this YOUNG team needs a coach to light some fires and motivate this group of guys in the right direction.

Fairchild and Losman: Fairchild is an OC, and let's face facts, what does an OC want more then anything? To put points on the board!!! Juaron has a leash on his playbook and they've hit Conservative Street traveling -15MPH.

Losman is a competitive individual that wants to prove what he's got, but he can't even make the simple plays look good. For two straight weeks this guys has found a way to F-up a screen pass. How? Please tell me how you F-up a 7 yard lob into the flats? Honestly, regardless if the playbook has been curbed or not, if Losman can't even get the offense moving with the simple high school plays, what coach in their right mind is going to want to let him throw it downfield?!

Often people say that 1 player does not make a team, but in this case a dependable QB means everything to this team. I am the BIGGEST Holcomb hater on the block, but even I could have seen Holcomb moving the ball better then Losman yesterday. It's time for JP to grow up and move up. A couple of decent drives and a TD and the Bills defense would have kept us competing in this game.

And by the way, for those crapping all over this banged up defense: If you keep the ball out of the hands of the other team once in a while...maybe make a first down in the first half..at least one.. then the defense isn't as **** assed tired in the 4th qrtr.

That defensive squad might be giving up a **** ton of yards, but it's also playing the way it's designed. Give them the underneath and hold them in the red zone. Which is exactly what this D has done for two games. Add an ineffective offense and you end up with a defining result with = 26-3...most of the opposing offensive points stacking late in the game. Time of possesion my peeps.

You're wrong on the D- they wore themselves out by not getting off the field. They were on the field for over 7 minutes on Pitt's FIRST DRIVE OF THE GAME, before the O even had a chance to get on the field. On the 2nd drive, they got the INT, then the third drive was over 7 minutes as well.

After halftime, the Bills started with a drive of over 5 minutes, and the D still gave up a touchdown, despite having halftime and the 5 minute drive to rest.

The TOP problems are on both sides of the ball- the D can't get off the field and the O can't stay on it.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Red has great points. Even a Homer like myself can see these facts. I am depressed.

Philagape
09-17-2007, 03:47 PM
The D gave up 12 points in the first half. The Steelers punted ONCE. That's not a good performance.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Red has great points. Even a Homer like myself can see these facts. I am depressed.
REDICULOUS!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
:(

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
The D gave up 12 points in the first half. The Steelers punted ONCE. That's not a good performance.
Considering that we had the ball 4 times, had one first down and three 3 and outs, I was thrilled to be only 12 down

PECKERWOOD
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Let's coax Charlie Weiss into coming back to the NFL. :)

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Let's coax Charlie Weiss into coming back to the NFL. :)
Yeah, there's a proven winner :rolleyes:

RedEyE
09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
You're wrong on the D- they wore themselves out by not getting off the field. They were on the field for over 7 minutes on Pitt's FIRST DRIVE OF THE GAME, before the O even had a chance to get on the field. On the 2nd drive, they got the INT, then the third drive was over 7 minutes as well.

After halftime, the Bills started with a drive of over 5 minutes, and the D still gave up a touchdown, despite having halftime and the 5 minute drive to rest.

The TOP problems are on both sides of the ball- the D can't get off the field and the O can't stay on it.

But I can understand that when this team is missing half of it's starting squad and pretty much playing together for the first time.

How does this offense, a Fairchild progressive offense mind you, not make one stinking 1st down the entire first half. That hurts...plain and simple.

RedEyE
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
DON'T JUMP RED!!!
:eek:

Seriously, well thought out post, and i appreciate that.
Do you see anything positive about this team?

I think the defense has played decent under the circumstances they've fallen under. They've given it their absolute best and unfortunately it's not good enough.

Mitchy moo
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I watched Junior High kids execute a 7 yard screen pass better. Wrong QB on the right team.:horror:

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Great post. The D is not the problem.