What's the weather going to be like for the Winter classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

What's the weather going to be like for the Winter classic?

Kevin O'Connell WGRZ Ch 2's weatherman went ahead and looked at what the weather will be on Jan 1st

(farmers almanac)
    January 1st Norms
    High 32
    Low 20

.11" Rain
    .9" Snow

Wind SW 10-15 mph

now take a look at the last 5 & 6 years Jan 1st temps
    2003 33 light snow
    2004 35 Cloudy
    2005 50 breezy
    2006 36 cloudy
    2007 52 light rain
    2008 ? ?
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 09-17-2007, 05:15 PM.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: What's the weather going to be like for the Winter classic?

It was nice enough to golf this past year.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

weathermen are about as credible as colin cowherd's opinion.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

it's Buffalo!!!!! With our luck.......

65 and sunny.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

How much do you want to bet its 60 degrees that day, then what does the NHL do? They're ****ED on advertising, thus losing money money money...then they have to arrange to play February 17th and advertise advertise advertise once more. Lol they'll go broke over this game and have to fold Phoenix and Florida, not like anyone would care
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            How much do you want to bet its 60 degrees that day, then what does the NHL do? They're ****ED on advertising, thus losing money money money...then they have to arrange to play February 17th and advertise advertise advertise once more. Lol they'll go broke over this game and have to fold Phoenix and Florida, not like anyone would care
            Larry Quinn was on WGRZ @ 6:00 tonight and he said that if this happens they will reschedule the game to the next day and play it at HSBC Arena

Comment

• G Wolly
              • Mar 2004

I hope it snows

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Larry Quinn was on WGRZ @ 6:00 tonight and he said that if this happens they will reschedule the game to the next day and play it at HSBC Arena
                ...so what happens to the 60,000 who get left out!?! Only a refund??
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  That sucks ass! There should be a contingency plan in case the weather doesn't cooperate. They should have another date set for this.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    That sucks ass! There should be a contingency plan in case the weather doesn't cooperate. They should have another date set for this.
                    according to the post YOU quoted it would appear that that would be Jan. 2.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      according to the post YOU quoted it would appear that that would be Jan. 2.
                      no, i meant another date set up for the Winter Classic. Not for that game.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        no, i meant another date set up for the Winter Classic. Not for that game.
                        don't just criticize....suggest.

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

I heard if the game gets canceled, they move it to the next day at the HSBC arena. The Ice Bowl gets postponed to February 16th, when the Penguins visit Buffalo again... to me, this is the most likely scenario as its hardly above freezing on New Years day. And why the hell would they put it at 1pm anyway? lol. Its common sense that its much colder at night!

Bettman probably thinks Buffalo is in the negative digets all year round

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                            • May 2005

All I can say is it better be f'n cold. If I'm coming all the way up from NC for that game and it gets cancelled, I'm going to be super pissed.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

We are having our own "puck drop" for new years in the parking lot the night before the game

Comment

Working...
                              X