X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

A Couple of Things On My Mind

Obviously you all know where I stand on Ralph, Penis Jauron, Fairchild, all that crap so I won't bore you with more of that talk.

"You have to get the ball into the hands of your best players as early, and often as possible." - Have we been doing that? Have we been running routes that take advantage of our best player (Evans?) Correct me if I'm wrong but we've run one deep route this season, last year we we're the laughing stock of the league until after the bye-week when we started opening up the play book. It worked the better part of the last half of the season last year, why the freaking hell would you stop doing it now? By not allowing Losman and Evans to "do what they do" the coaches are screwing with that chemistry that they had going last year and that chemistry that had DC's pissing their pants in the second half of the season.

Also, where are the roll outs that take advantage of Losman's athleticism and speed? Like him or not he's a tough S.O.B. with above average speed and quickness for someone at his position. The best way to wear out a defense is a mobile QB. It really isn't any secret....... We have one, why not take advantage of him? If the coaches don't have any confidence in Losman (which, based on the play calling seems to be stating the obvious) then have some balls and do what you feel is best for your team. If you, as a coach think that he hampers your progress then **** him, put in whoever you think is going to do a better job. If Jauron came out tomorrow and said "we're starting Trent Edwards because I feel it's what's best for this franchise" I would praise him. I wouldn't like it but I would praise him for doing his job, and his job is to do whatever it takes to win.

One last thing........... This goes back to my point about getting the ball into the hands of your best players. I have been saying this since the rumors about us getting rid of McGahee started; Marshawn Lynch is far and away the best back in the NFL draft. To me he's Marshall Faulk with more power and quickness, maybe not the same top end speed, but better power and quickness. We drafted the guy in the top fifteen, you don't draft a guy that high unless you think he can contribute this year (QB's are the exception.) With that being said I would like to know where the hell is Marshawn? Give the man the damn ball, give it to him 25-30 times a game and let him do his work, after you hand it off 25-30 times then throw it to him another 3-6 times, then after that give it to him again. He is an amazing player and athlete and we are screwing up not taking advantage of what he has to offer us. Yesterday when the Steelers started blitzing us into oblivion we should have been throwing screens to the man. We have in my mind, (if you think I think this because he's a Bill go check out my thread evaluating him over four games) one of the best pulling OG's in the game in Derrick Dockery, and we all know that Peters can pull and do anything we ask of him, SO THROW THE DAMN SCREEN!

Take advantage of your players strong points, don't try to make them something they are not, J.P. Losman is not a pocket passer, don't try to make him one.

That is all...........
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: A Couple of Things On My Mind

good post.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
      • Sep 2004

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla admin
          • Jul 2002

If the coaches don't have any confidence in Losman (which, based on the play calling seems to be stating the obvious) then have some balls and do what you feel is best for your team. If you, as a coach think that he hampers your progress then **** him, put in whoever you think is going to do a better job. If Jauron came out tomorrow and said "we're starting Trent Edwards because I feel it's what's best for this franchise" I would praise him. I wouldn't like it but I would praise him for doing his job, and his job is to do whatever it takes to win.
          i agree. And Marshawn is amazing.
          Good post!

Comment

• Elminster
            #1 Kelsay Fan
            • Oct 2006

Why can't we get a coaching staff that'll put round pegs in round holes instead of trying to hammer them into square holes?
            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

SO THROW THE DAMN SCREEN!

One small problem, you need to have a QB that can stand in the pocket for more than a few seconds, henceforth a screen is not on JP's radar.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby

One small problem, you need to have a QB that can stand in the pocket for more than a few seconds, henceforth a screen is not on JP's radar.
                If you are implying that he can't stand in the pocket that would lead me to believe that you feel it's the OL and not Losman because anyone can stand in the pocket.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby

To throw a screen you need to have a QB who can throw short balls accurately.

Comment

• jmb1099
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by G. Host
                    To throw a screen you need to have a QB who can throw short balls accurately.
                    again, the one screen to Lynch that was called generated over 20 yards. The problem wasn't execution on screens, its that they weren't called. A smart coaching staff would have recognized the success and oh I don't know maybe called another one?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                      again, the one screen to Lynch that was called generated over 20 yards. The problem wasn't execution on screens, its that they weren't called. A smart coaching staff would have recognized the success and oh I don't know maybe called another one?
                      Especially vs. the blitz man. That's just basic football knowledge.

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        Especially vs. the blitz man. That's just basic football knowledge.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                          Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

no argument here.... the Bills are a cluster **** organization these days.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              no argument here.... the Bills are a cluster **** organization these days.
                              And the issues are easily fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X