PDA

View Full Version : Billick accuses Jets of cheating...

Ickybaluky
09-17-2007, 05:52 PM
According to Ravens HC Brian Billick (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7237126?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5):

Billick said Monday that the Jets' defense shouted out signals to intentionally throw off the Baltimore offense. Billick claimed the tactic led to the three illegal procedure penalties against the Ravens.

"They did an outstanding job. I credit the New York Jets. Their defensive line and linebackers did a very, very effective job of illegally simulating the snap count," Billick said. "They did it the whole game long. It needs to be caught."

Tackle Adam Terry bolted offside in the first and third quarters. Tight end Quinn Sypniewski jumped in the first quarter.

"That's not an excuse by any stretch of the imagination. But it is illegal," Billick said. "Our guys have to deal with it. I don't know how to help my linemen with that because, you're in the heat of battle and you're calling the snap count, and the guy across from you is also calling a snap count - which is illegal."

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
um, shouldn't it be pretty obvious to the refs when they're doing that? I've seen teams get flagged for that in the past.

BlackMetalNinja
09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
um, shouldn't it be pretty obvious to the refs when they're doing that? I've seen teams get flagged for that in the past.

I saw it happen in one of the college games I was watching Saturday actually!

YardRat
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh, great....Is there a faction among the coaching fraternity that is now out to get Mangina because he blew the whistle on Billy?

The guy has a convicted criminal anchoring his defense and he's going to ***** about a little woofing?

Why didn't he point it out to the refs so they could look for it and call a penalty?

Apples and oranges, IMO.

Dude
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Billick is being a freaking baby.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Billick is being a freaking baby.
Yeah, but he's got a ring :(

mybills
09-18-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm laughing about who posted this thread. :D

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm laughing about who posted this thread. :D

At least someone got it.

mybills
09-18-2007, 08:30 AM
:snicker: You're ok, NE! :up:

Gunzlingr
09-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Mangina learned it from the Belicheat.

Cntrygal
09-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Jets coach Eric Mangini cleared the air with Baltimore’s Brian Billick after the Ravens coach accused New York of using an “illegal” ploy to draw his team offside during Sunday’s game.

“I talked to Brian (Tuesday) and we had a good conversation,” Mangini said Wednesday. “It was important for me to talk to him and make sure we didn’t have a misunderstanding.

more... (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20876157/)