PDA

View Full Version : Not comparing JP to Drew Brees by saying this...

Kerr
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
but the Saints are 0-2 with Brees under center. The argument here is that perhaps the qb is the problem and should be changed, and that the offensive game plan/system should not change. Drew Brees is a good qb. The offense as a whole just isn't clicking. Maybe it's the wrong game plan or execution, but does that mean he should be benched pro bowler or not? Compared to other qbs, JP hasn't really played that bad to warrant a benching. Now if Jp continues to struggle and ends up on the bench, he's history in buffalo. My only hope is that the offensive coach decides to open up the offense and allow jp to be a playmaker before he gives up on him. And I hope by some miracle this team stops eating **** and upsets NE. Sunday at Foxboro is the day to make a statement. It's now or never.

Nighthawk
09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Umm, have you watched the first 2 games???

YardRat
09-17-2007, 06:41 PM
It isn't the win-loss record. It isn't even the stats.

It's the poor accuracy, the happy feet, the indecision, the perceived (mine) inability to read defenses or check off at the line, the lack of leadership skills, and so on.

There is no doubt the kid has the tools physically...He's just lacking a little something upstairs.

Devin
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
It is a relativley good point though.

I mean the best QB in the league last year has looked like absolute poo so far. While I to am not comparing brees and losman as they arent even in the same ballpark, simply saying Losman is hardly the root of the problem.

Firstly on defense we have bodies piling up like mad, The Ralph might as well be turned into a morgue. Our starting weakside guy, his backup.....Coy *gag* Wire, our starting CB....etc. Now granted none of those guys apart MAYBE ellison should be starting on any NFL team to begin with.

On offense we are running the ball well, our line is better. Not great, but probably the best its been in 5 years. Our ST as always is on point.

We get JP and Lee on the same page like last year, along with the ever explosive Parrish we may have a little something.

And yes thats the last Skooby-like post im creating all season. I feel dirty.

Mitchy moo
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
It's the poor accuracy, the happy feet, the indecision, the perceived (mine) inability to read defenses or check off at the line, the lack of leadership skills, and so on.

That about sums it up nicely.:horror:

G. Host
09-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Maybe he needs to be benched to get back on track.
I have no idea of what he showed last year (I missed last 4 games due to work) was an illusion (we did have a magician on team at time), due to poor opponents or something else but it needs to be fixed.

Nighthawk
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
It is a relativley good point though.

I mean the best QB in the league last year has looked like absolute poo so far. While I to am not comparing brees and losman as they arent even in the same ballpark, simply saying Losman is hardly the root of the problem.

Firstly on defense we have bodies piling up like mad, The Ralph might as well be turned into a morgue. Our starting weakside guy, his backup.....Coy *gag* Wire, our starting CB....etc. Now granted none of those guys apart MAYBE ellison should be starting on any NFL team to begin with.

On offense we are running the ball well, our line is better. Not great, but probably the best its been in 5 years. Our ST as always is on point.

We get JP and Lee on the same page like last year, along with the ever explosive Parrish we may have a little something.

And yes thats the last Skooby-like post im creating all season. I feel dirty.

Poo by who's standards? His own, which he set last year or JP's standards? Brees has not looked as close to as bad as JP has...sorry, this argument has no place being made.

jmb1099
09-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I remember the year we started off on fire with Drew and destroyed the Pats 31-0. The first few games all the papers in the metro ny area had us ranked either one or two in the league. They were singing the praises of Bledsoe, Henry, Moulds, and Price. Then as suddenly as we looked unstoppable we looked awful. I'm not saying we're going to turn it around, I'm not saying Losman isn't a problem, by all appearances we will be picking top 5 in the draft. However, the beginning of the season often doesn't look like the end. It goes without saying that we need to get better, changing the gameplan can't hurt at this point and the point that is being made is that we aren't the only one's in this boat.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Actually, Reggie Bush has been a big part of the problem for the Saints. He can't get anything going and has been horrible the first two games. He's on my fantasy football team. :mad:

Jaybird
09-18-2007, 01:22 AM
i have never put down losman, but i have seen nothing out of him so far this season. we do need to let him throw the ball more and thats when hes at his best. The play calling is so obvious. Why arent they taking chances down field?? worst case its streches the d and allows more room for lynch in the running game!!!!! Its not gonna happen next week against the pats, but the deep ball could kill the cowboys on MNF

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2007, 05:41 AM
It isn't the win-loss record. It isn't even the stats.

There is no doubt the kid has the tools physically...He's just lacking a little something upstairs.
Agreed.