PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs. Bills Position vs. Position

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm going to go by the teams current depth charts on the respective teams web site. These are strictly my opinion, if you don't agree with them then please state why.

QB: Tom Brady > J.P. Losman

RB: Laurence Maroney < Marshawn Lynch

FB: Heath Evans > Ryan Neufeld

WR1: Randy Moss > Lee Evans

WR2: Donte Stallworth > Peerless Price

LT: Matt Light < Jason Peters

LG: Logan Mankins < Derrick Dockery

Center: Dan Koppen > Melvin Fowler

RG: Stephen Neal > Brad Butler

RT: Nick Kaczur = Langston Walker - I would lean more towards Walker but since I honestly haven't seen enough of him yet I'll say they are equal.

That gives us a 3-7-1 on offense...

DE1: Ty Warren < Aaron Schobel

DE2: Jarvis Green < Chris Kelsay

DT1: Vince Wilfork > Larry Tripplett

DT2: Le Kevin Smith < Kyle Williams

OLB1: Mike Vrabel > Angelo Crowell

ILB: Tedy Bruschi/Adalius Thomas > Paul Posluszny

OLB2: Rosevelt Colvin > John DiGiorgio

CB1: Asante Samuel > Terrence McGee

CB2: Ellis Hobbs > Ashton Youboty

SS: James Sanders < Donte Whitner

FS: Eugene Wilson > Jim Leonard

4-7 on defense

K: Stephen Gostkowski < Rian Lindell

P: Chris Hanson < Brian Moorman

KR:Ellis Hobbs < Terrence McGee

PR: Wes Welker < Roscoe Parrish

4-0 on ST's

G. Host
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
It is more important to put defenses against offenses and offense since defenses since offenses do not face each other and neither do defenses. Special teams yes but in this case it is kick teams vs cover teams.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 07:18 PM
It is more important to put defenses against offenses and offense since defenses since offenses do not face each other and neither do defenses. Special teams yes but in this case it is kick teams vs cover teams.
These are just their guys vs. our guys and who I would personally take on my team. I can do it that way though if you all want.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I think you're being a little generous to our d-line. Personally, I'd trade our front four for theirs in a second.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I think you're being a little generous to our d-line. Personally, I'd trade our front four for theirs in a second.
The DL is hard because they are such different defensive systems. This is where G. Host's idea would be useful.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't care what system each team is running...I'll still make the trade.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't care what system each team is running...I'll still make the trade.To each his own huh? Personally I'd only take Wilfork. Thanks for the feedback :up:

Philagape
09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Price wouldn't make seventh receiver in New England :ill:

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Price wouldn't make seventh receiver in New England :ill:
I agree, but unfortunately he's our #2.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Personally I'd only take 3 guys over what the Pats have at the same position...and only 2 in another couple weeks.

Peters, Whitner and Moorman.

When Harrison comes back, I'd take him easily over Whitner.

Gr8 the sad thing is when you put it up like that, it's sickening to see the amount of talent disparity we have from the top team in our division. It also makes me wonder how long it will take to close that rather enormous gap.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Personally I'd only take 3 guys over what the Pats have at the same position...and only 2 in another couple weeks.

Peters, Whitner and Moorman.

When Harrison comes back, I'd take him easily over Whitner.

Gr8 the sad thing is when you put it up like that, it's sickening to see the amount of talent disparity we have from the top team in our division. It also makes me wonder how long it will take to close that rather enormous gap.
Thanks for the feedback :up: and I agree with the talent gap. It all starts at the top of the organization and works it's way down. Kraft is a man that is serious about winning and will pay/do anything it takes to make his team a winner. We lack that kind of leadership from our owner.