PDA

View Full Version : Last Night I caught the "Short Cuts" on the Sunday Ticket channels

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 08:24 AM
This is where they show every play from the game in half an hour. A few things:

1. McCargo and Tripplett didn't play all that bad. I don't know wtf happened to Kyle Williams, though. He's vanished.

2. I really watched Poz. Every once in a while on a run, he really gets schooled by the center. They can pretty much grab him and pull him down and never get a call because he's a rookie. Poz really needs to step up the pass defense. He drops back into a zone but doesn't seem to know where the receivers are. Many third downs are completed right in the middle of the field near where he is. He needs to pick that part of the game up.

3. I'm not going to bash JP anymore. His play spoke for itself. I am starting to wonder if he just can't handle themental pressure. Every time we needed a throw, he looked awful.

OpIv37
09-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Agree on Poz, McCargo, Williams and JP.

As far as Tripplett, he got decent penetration but I saw him either fall or get easily tripped twice after penetrating the line, thus taking himself out of the play. He wasn't as god-awful as he was in pre season, but he still needs to improve significantly.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for your expert analysis. Yours will have to do since Pat and WYS are not around. :up:

I always like reading what realists have to say.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Agree on Poz, McCargo, Williams and JP.

As far as Tripplett, he got decent penetration but I saw him either fall or get easily tripped twice after penetrating the line, thus taking himself out of the play. He wasn't as god-awful as he was in pre season, but he still needs to improve significantly.
I'll go along with that. I was happy to notice him at all.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Seriously, I'm fairly happy with the defense. I thought they were going to be the problem this year.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Seriously, I'm fairly happy with the defense. I thought they were going to be the problem this year.

That's a true statement on my part as well...in fact, if the offense would have performed like I was expecting it to this year, I think that game is easily a Bills win with 21-15. The "bend, don't break" D was, and will be, effective until they get tired...4-7 plays a drive on the Bills O part will not help to avoid this exhaustion. Make it 10-12 plays a drive and maybe, just maybe we can win.