X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

African-American quarterbacks face more pressure and more criticism than their white counterparts, Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb says in an interview scheduled to air on HBO on Tuesday night.
    McNabb

McNabb, in an interview on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," tells interviewer James Brown that African-American quarterbacks such as himself face added pressure because there are fewer black QBs -- and because some still don't want black athletes playing the position.
    "There's not that many African-American quarterbacks, so we have to do a little bit extra," McNabb tells HBO. "Because the percentage of us playing this position, which people didn't want us to play ... is low, so we do a little extra."

Later in the interview, Brown presses McNabb on criticism of his performance -- and if African-American QBs are graded more harshly.

"I pass for 300 yards, our team wins by seven, [mimicking] 'Ah, he could've made this throw, they would have scored if he did this,' " McNabb tells HBO.
    "Doesn't every quarterback go through that?" Brown asks.

"Not everybody," McNabb replies.

More...

Yeah, right. That is why the reporters stumble over themselves sucking off Vick and Young. What a crock.

What next, JP saying that hispanic quarterbacks get more criticism than black quarter backs?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

I just lost respect for him. I can't even finish reading that race card article.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

How many starting Running Backs in the NFL are white?

Comment

• lightningbolt444
        • Mar 2007

if people didnt pull the race card on non issues then it would be less of an issue all together. this im under pressure because im black not because im hurt all the time and more importantly a qb in the nfl is crap. It makes me so made when i hear someone say a comment like its cause im black or any other race for that matter. Listen i know racim still exists today but so does reverse racisim in a way. I understand what african americans have gone through in the past but what about jewish people i dont hear some player come out and say i get more pressure because im jewish. Some people need to get over their own pity party and then maybe things will start changing.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Apparently he hasnt been to the BZ board after a win where Losman and others still get picked apart. Gimme a break Donovan, I think TO was right about you.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

isiah thomas says its worse if a white man uses the word ***** than a black man

black racism is at its peak and its starting to come out regularly now. as they get more comfortable speaking their mind without fear of reprisal more of their core feelings are coming out and they are often bad. thats good because its a huge problem and is the biggest lynchpin holding us all back from moving past this sickness

lets be frank, blacks have enjoyed a free ride for far too long when it comes to the perception of racism. and the amazing thing is that the pattern is virtually identical to that which i used to observe from whites while growing up in redneck crackerland. you would think they would recognize it easier since theyve lived through it themselves but guess what - nope

the ultimate irony now is that when you see a lone black person enter a social group of whites you will see people go out of their way to try to make the black feel comfortable. thats terrific and a stark contrast to the way it used to be. but observe a lone white, especially a white male, entering a predominantly black setting and you absolutely do not see the same courtesy

open your eyes my black brothers and sisters. it aint us no more. its yall
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
              isiah thomas says its worse if a white man uses the word ***** than a black man

black racism is at its peak and its starting to come out regularly now. as they get more comfortable speaking their mind without fear of reprisal more of their core feelings are coming out and they are often bad. thats good because its a huge problem and is the biggest lynchpin holding us all back from moving past this sickness

lets be frank, blacks have enjoyed a free ride for far too long when it comes to the perception of racism. and the amazing thing is that the pattern is virtually identical to that which i used to observe from whites while growing up in redneck crackerland. you would think they would recognize it easier since theyve lived through it themselves but guess what - nope

the ultimate irony now is that when you see a lone black person enter a social group of whites you will see people go out of their way to try to make the black feel comfortable. thats terrific and a stark contrast to the way it used to be. but observe a lone white, especially a white male, entering a predominantly black setting and you absolutely do not see the same courtesy

open your eyes my black brothers and sisters. it aint us no more. its yall
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

Yeah, well then there's more pressure on white RB's, WR's, LB's, CB's, SS's and FS's cuz there's so few of them.

Spare me this race bs. Emo kids have more balls than these card pullers.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I'd like it if all of us could just speak our minds and have thick skins. I hate having to walk on egg shells around people, even when it has nothing to do with race.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

i don't walk on egg shells, i crush the **** out of 'em.

walk on egg shells and you have fake friends who all agree with your cookie-cutter PC opinion.

be a man, speak your mind, and your a racist ***** (or at least that's what my ex says).

well, i'd rather be a ***** than a poser.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Oh I won't walk on them either, I hate that I'm asked to. I say what I want or walk away. I can't be a *****, but I'd rather be a **** than a poser.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I think Donovan is right.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          • Jan 2004

yeah, after i think about it, donovan is right.

next time when i do a piss poor job at work, i'm gonna blame it on the system because there are not enough whites at my work place motivating me.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

And I think that white people have no right to comment on the subject.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              And I think that white people have no right to comment on the subject.
                              You just did.

Comment

Working...
                              X