PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! Winter Classic tickets must be gone in an instant.

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I just logged on at 10:05 and the best thing I could find was a single ticket in section 337, row 31. God I hope Mikey did better than that getting tickets for me!

Ebenezer
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM
I couldn't get anything.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
none here :( If anyone has four extra ....

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 09:25 AM
none here :( If anyone has four extra ....

I tried to get my extras through a form I got yesterday. Phone lines and faxes were down BEFORE 10.

I should have came back to work last night and faxed the form in.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm on the phone with Mikey ... he got nothing

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Mikey was going nuts on the phone with me when he called to let me know he got nothing and I told him the same.

They HAD to have blocked off a huge amount of tickets for something. It just pisses me off that they would even advertise this and make a huge deal for the onsale this morning if they knew hardly any tickets would be available.

I can't wait to see what the stubhub/ebay prices reach...

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
A friend just called:

They held back 25,000 for Pittsburgh and 25,000 for season ticket holders......

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Who's playing?

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Who's playing?

Who cares, hockey doesn't matter right? I think the fact that 70,000 seats were gone in mere minutes proves that.

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
A friend just called:

They held back 25,000 for Pittsburgh and 25,000 for season ticket holders......

Hopefully Mikey will be able to get the tickets through his mini package plan then.

JD
09-18-2007, 10:03 AM
TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND FOR PITTSBURGH FANS. ARE YOU JOKING.

Dude. Unreal I am pissed the **** off!
I have a ticket but damn am I angry for the rest of you left out in the cold because Pittsburgh fans, TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS AND TORONTO BLUE JAYS FANS had their own password to get ****ing tickets.

UNBELIEVABLE THIS IS OUR ****ING HOME GAME!
We offered 1/3 of the capacity to the VISITING TEAM

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 10:07 AM
TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND FOR PITTSBURGH FANS. ARE YOU JOKING.

Dude. Unreal I am pissed the **** off!
I have a ticket but damn am I angry for the rest of you left out in the cold because Pittsburgh fans, TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS AND TORONTO BLUE JAYS FANS had their own password to get ****ing tickets.

UNBELIEVABLE THIS IS OUR ****ING HOME GAME!
We offered 1/3 of the capacity to the VISITING TEAM

I doubt we did. More like the NHL.

The bigger problem was not limiting the tickets that people could buy. Ticket brokers and the such messed it up.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 10:07 AM
And where did the Leafs adn Jays fans thing come in from?

JD
09-18-2007, 10:09 AM
And where did the Leafs adn Jays fans thing come in from?
Pittsburgh fans were told to use the code: Crosby

Leaf fans: Sundin

and not sure what the password was for the blue jays.

But that is STILL, really...really ****ed up!

Philagape
09-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I can't wait to see what the stubhub/ebay prices reach...

I see two $39 tickets up to $415 on ebay

camelcowboy
09-18-2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?event_id=422521

it was a good idea having no limit on tickets :down:

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 10:18 AM

F'n disgusting

Dude
09-18-2007, 10:24 AM
This is unreal. How much worse can the PR get for the Sabres this offseason?

Philagape
09-18-2007, 10:28 AM

and rising

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
This is unreal. How much worse can the PR get for the Sabres this offseason?

I don't know, ask Mikey. He went on a 5 minute rant about the Front Office while calling to tell me he didn't get tickets. I'm bummed that I'm going to be in the area now and not get to go to the game. No way I'm going to pay anything close to the prices I saw on Stub Hub.

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
and rising
Guess I should have been an ******* and bought the single seats I saw and resold them and made some cash.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Is the Sabres FO or the NHL office?

I am guessing Bettman and crew at least made the decision to sell to Laughs and Jays fans.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Seats have been reserved for additional ticket purchases by Sabres Season Ticketholders with information and order forms sent to all Season Ticketholders. Additional requests will be filled on a first come first served basis and will be based upon availability.

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2665

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Seats have been reserved for additional ticket purchases by Sabres Season Ticketholders with information and order forms sent to all Season Ticketholders. Additional requests will be filled on a first come first served basis and will be based upon availability.

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2665

Dammit Mikey, get that thing sent in ASAP! Was there a limit on how many season ticket holders could order?

Michael82
09-18-2007, 10:56 AM
The Macy's/Ticket Master machines were crashing in Rochester and other areas. There is hardly anyone that was able to get them here. I don't know anyone who had any luck waiting in line at the stores. :mad: :curse:

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Dammit Mikey, get that thing sent in ASAP! Was there a limit on how many season ticket holders could order?

I have been trying all day with no luck to get mine in.

If I get extras, I am looking for a hot, blonde female with questionable morals.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Pittsburgh fans were told to use the code: Crosby

Leaf fans: Sundin

and not sure what the password was for the blue jays.

But that is STILL, really...really ****ed up!
What the **** is that about?!?! Why the hell do we need Leafs fans there when we have a ton of die hard Sabres fans in Buffalo that would sell the place out? :mad:

**** you, Gary Bettman!!!! :mad: :curse:

**** you, Larry Quinn!!! :mad:

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM

If I get extras, I am looking for a hot, blonde female with questionable morals.

She stopped posting here to go coach pro football in Hawaii or Colorado or teach an SAT class or something...

Michael82
09-18-2007, 10:59 AM

I tried to fax it all morning and even last night. I finally gave up and just sent it priority mail to the Buffalo Sabres ticket office. :pray:

ct bills fan
09-18-2007, 11:02 AM
I guess I got lucky - I kept on refreshing the ticketmaster link around 10am and got six in row 23, section 101 ($60 tickets, behind the goal).

Michael82
09-18-2007, 11:03 AM
I guess I got lucky - I kept on refreshing the ticketmaster link around 10am and got six in row 23, section 101 ($60 tickets, behind the goal).
:mad:

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 11:05 AM
What the **** is that about?!?! Why the hell do we need Leafs fans there when we have a ton of die hard Sabres fans in Buffalo that would sell the place out? :mad:

I am willing to bet it was a Bettman move much more than QUinn.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I am willing to bet it was a Bettman move much more than QUinn.
Makes sense. That ****ing jackass just wanted the money and was worried that they wouldn't sell out to only Sabres fans. :mad:

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Didn't you try and call a Leaf fan in the morning about tickets? :whistle:

Michael82
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Didn't you try and call a Leaf fan in the morning about tickets? :whistle:
yeah, i was going to invite you. :up:

Any luck getting tickets? :D :pray:

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2007, 11:18 AM
no luck

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
no luck
So then you're still a stupid leafs fan! :rock:

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2007, 11:24 AM
So then you're still a stupid leafs fan! :rock:

:tongue:

:beer: But I still like my beer! :mounty:

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
:tongue:

:beer: But I still like my beer! :mounty:

I like your beer too, I just don't like how much it costs down here :(

Michael82
09-18-2007, 11:34 AM
no luck
but you even had a damn password for you. That didn't work? :mad:

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2007, 11:58 AM
but you even had a damn password for you. That didn't work? :mad:

Yes, I tried that!
Even went through the Canadian Ticketmaster, nothing worked.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, I tried that!
Even went through the Canadian Ticketmaster, nothing worked.
:(

Michael82
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
This makes me sick. Look at all the people selling them and look at the prices..... :ill:

http://search.ebay.com/sabres-penguins_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsbrsrtZd

Ebenezer
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
why didn't they just hand the tickets to the scalpers?

Philagape
09-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Anything Larry Quinn and Gary Bettman do together is bound to be a disaster. Today has been nothing but one big "F you, John Q"

At least it'll be good for the economy in the sense that a lot of people will make a big profit off this.

JD
09-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I BOUGHT TICKETS AT RALPH WILSON STADIUM AT EXACTLY 1:20PM

4 IN 140 @ FACE VALUE ($90)

OHHHHH BABY AM I PUMPED!!!!

I got word around 11am that tickets were STILL available at the RALPH and only the Ralph so I went about 80 down the 90, making it just in time. They actually told me at the gate "sorry sir, we're sold out" but I was like "i'm just here for bills dolphins tickets" hahaha... so im allowed in, i stand in a line of about 200 people and after about 2 hours I scored myself tickets :) What a rush! :jig:

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 01:11 PM
It really pisses me off that people that really want to be a part of history and enjoy this game are so shut out, while people that clearly don't care and just want to make a buck have a crapload of tickets in hand.

JD
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
We have to get some sort of petition going, you bet your ass thousands will sign.

Tiburon1724
09-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I went to the arena at about 10:20, got in line, got tickets no problem - section 115! All it took was showing up.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I went to the arena at about 10:20, got in line, got tickets no problem - section 115! All it took was showing up.
so, they were sold out of tickets everywhere (online, ticket master site, ticket master places, Macy's.) yet they had a bunch at the Bills stadium and a bunch at HSBC arena? What a load of ****!!! :mad:

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Who cares, hockey doesn't matter right? I think the fact that 70,000 seats were gone in mere minutes proves that.
Shall I go get the T.V. ratings back out to show just how much America doesn't care about hockey?

Anyway, will someone with half a brain answer my question? Who is playing in this "majestic game" and when the hell did they start having a "Winter Classic" and what the hell is it exactly?

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
It really pisses me off that people that really want to be a part of history and enjoy this game are so shut out, while people that clearly don't care and just want to make a buck have a crapload of tickets in hand.
Guess that lessens your sad comment about tickets just flying because everyone just adores the sport....... :snicker:

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey Mikey, I have a friend up there that says he has six tickets for this "majestic game," he said he only needs four of the six. Want me to see if he'd sell them to you? Or did you already get yours?

Michael82
09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey Mikey, I have a friend up there that says he has six tickets for this "majestic game," he said he only needs four of the six. Want me to see if he'd sell them to you? Or did you already get yours?
I'll take them! I'll even give him a bit more than face value. :up:

JD
09-18-2007, 04:03 PM
so, they were sold out of tickets everywhere (online, ticket master site, ticket master places, Macy's.) yet they had a bunch at the Bills stadium and a bunch at HSBC arena? What a load of ****!!! :mad:
Well at least you know that those of us who showed up there were all Sabres fans, unlike online....

Whoever said they were inline at 1030 i was probably right behind you :up:

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll take them! I'll even give him a bit more than face value. :up:
K. I'll talk to him tonight, if he hasn't already sold them I don't see why he wouldn't sell them to you.

SabreEleven
Shall I go get the T.V. ratings back out to show just how much America doesn't care about hockey?

Anyway, will someone with half a brain answer my question? Who is playing in this "majestic game" and when the hell did they start having a "Winter Classic" and what the hell is it exactly?

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Buffalo Sabres at Ralph Wilson Stadium on 1 Jan 2008 at 1300 EST.

It is a special occasion because this is only the 2nd NHL game outdoors. The last was about 4 years ago in Edmonton. This isn't a yearly thing (yet). Of course, when it's 60 degrees in Buffalo on 1 Jan, it's going to be a bust.

Michael82

Buffalo Sabres vs Pittsburgh Penguins on New Years Day at 1pm.

Ralph Wilson Stadium! Old fashioned outdoor hockey, and the tailgating with it! :up:

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Buffalo Sabres at Ralph Wilson Stadium on 1 Jan 2008 at 1300 EST.

It is a special occasion because this is only the 2nd NHL game outdoors. The last was about 4 years ago in Edmonton. This isn't a yearly thing (yet). Of course, when it's 60 degrees in Buffalo on 1 Jan, it's going to be a bust.
Ah, thank you very much. What's with people talking about Leafs and Blue Jays? Do they play the Sabres too?

JD
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
If you know anyone selling tickets, PLEASE encourage them to sell to SABRES FANS ONLY as we already got shafted once by the NHL.. would be pretty crappy to get shafted again by the fans.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Buffalo Sabres vs Pittsburgh Penguins on New Years Day at 1pm.

Ralph Wilson Stadium! Old fashioned outdoor hockey, and the tailgating with it! :up:
Out door hockey? That's freaking awesome. I'd actually watch that, think it will be on T.V?

SabreEleven
09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
The Leafs play the Sabres but I think it was a special thing because they are allowing Leaf fans buy tickets through the Leafs website for this game, which I've never heard, but since this is a "Classic", it is a special occasion.

Plus the Peguins have a Canadien named Sidney Crosby, who is the next coming of Wayne Gretzky (please tell me you know who he is). He is the show case for this game. Canadiens love hockey. (just in case you didn't know)

SabreEleven
09-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Out door hockey? That's freaking awesome. I'd actually watch that, think it will be on T.V?

Nationally Televised on NBC.......

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:14 PM
The Leafs play the Sabres but I think it was a special thing because they are allowing Leaf fans buy tickets through the Leafs website for this game, which I've never heard, but since this is a "Classic", it is a special occasion.

Plus the Peguins have a Canadien named Sidney Crosby, who is the next coming of Wayne Gretzky (please tell me you know who he is). He is the show case for this game. Canadiens love hockey. (just in case you didn't know)
I've heard of him, isn't he 20 years old? Although I don't follow the sport or the Sabres I agree, that's just ****ed up to do to the home town fans.

Typ0
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
what a bunch of whiners.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
what a bunch of whiners.
I'd be pretty pissed if I was a local and a fan of the team.

Typ0
09-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I'd be pretty pissed if I was a local and a fan of the team.

why because tickets sold out? I would say that's good for Buffalo and the team. So you would just be a selfish whiner.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:48 PM
why because tickets sold out? I would say that's good for Buffalo and the team. So you would just be a selfish whiner.
Yeah but when the league is holding back a huge percentage of the tickets for the opposition? That's BS.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 04:50 PM

It's good for Buffalo for fans to pay way above face value because the tickets were hoarded by scalpers and brokers, thanks to the no-limit rule? And because people in Toronto got special access? That's pretty ******ed.

Typ0
09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah but when the league is holding back a huge percentage of the tickets for the opposition? That's BS.

that's because they are taking a regional approach to the game. This isn't just a home game for the Sabres is a treat for all the hockey fans in the region. If the game was being held outdoors in PIT and season ticket holders here got tickets in this fashion you would be singing a different tune. Be happy the league decided to have the game here and help Western New York instead of coming off like a whiney punk who didn't get their way. It's attitudes like that driving decison makers away from this area.

Typ0
09-18-2007, 05:16 PM
really, they do us a favor and are now going to get a pile of bad publicity. What a joke.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't mind Pittsburgh fans getting their share reserved, this is for their team too. Of course, they'll get screwed by brokers too.

Typ0
09-18-2007, 05:27 PM
well I should have used Totonto as an example then. What if it was held in Toronto under the same circumstances.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
If it was in Toronto, and the Sabres weren't involved, the there's no reason to think people in Buffalo should get any more opportunity than anyone else.

Ebenezer
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
well I should have used Totonto as an example then. What if it was held in Toronto under the same circumstances.
even though I agree with your other points if this were held in Toronto the odds of anybody in Buffalo getting a ticket would be slim (who would be on a horse) and none.

Michael82
09-19-2007, 12:32 AM
even though I agree with your other points if this were held in Toronto the odds of anybody in Buffalo getting a ticket would be slim (who would be on a horse) and none.
EXACTLY!