PDA

View Full Version : Is the play calling actually designed to make JP look stupid

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 09:55 AM
JP has a arm and he can throw but after reviewing the game more, JP is being asked to do things he is not accustomed to be doing. It's almost like they are putting pocket passer /stand in the pocket and deliver type plays in and JP just runs. Jp runs around on just about every play but when he does actually stand in one spot he does OK.

Marv and crew drafted Edwards and inherited Jp. Edwards, will literally stand in the pocket as long as he can to deliver the rock to somebody. The offense is designed to be run by a pocket passer and so far JP has failed to do anything.

It's almost like they are waiting for JP to fail so they can move on from him. Even JP questioned the play calling because he knows he cannot execute what they are asking him to do, then he backed off because he realized that he is the one that's supposed to do whatever is asked, not the coaches.

Conspiracy?

mchurchfie
09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Excuses, excuses.

Typ0
09-18-2007, 10:09 AM
conspiracy? No. Load of crap. Yes. The problem with JP is he just can't read and react to an NFL defense appropriately. If he could he'd be changing to appropriate plays and what not. That's why there were no screens for example. Whe he said "we were fooled" what he was saying was "I can't handle the job". Then he gets happy legs just like he always did. He has not progressed at all.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 10:17 AM
The problem with JP is he just can't read and react to an NFL defense appropriately. If he could he'd be changing to appropriate plays and what not. That's why there were no screens for example. Whe he said "we were fooled" what he was saying was "I can't handle the job". Then he gets happy legs just like he always did. He has not progressed at all.

Great post.

Wys Guy
09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
JP has a arm and he can throw but after reviewing the game more, JP is being asked to do things he is not accustomed to be doing. Conspiracy?

Stupidity perhaps. Negligence as well. I doubt conspiracy.

JP can't manage a short game. That's why he only pitched 8 red zone TDs last year. Just like Bledsoe you're right, he can air one out deep to a flyer.

Is that a skill, or just plain arm strength?

I would argue the latter.

If you've read my stuff you'll note that this entire season's offense, while JP is in there, is entirely predicated on his ability to throw a solid short game. He hasn't done that and I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that he never will be able to.

If he can't do that, then we can't make use of Lynch's "dual threat" nature or open up the deep game with the underneath stuff.

Otherwise all we have is what McGahee contributed plus a little due to better vision etc. with an OL that hasn't proven better.

Fans put far too much emphasis on deep throws. As a compliment they're great. When they're your bread and butter in the absence of a solid short game, then it's not a good thing.

JJamezz
09-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Skoob, I started a similar thread yesterday, and got about the same response.. except nobody had the balls to call me stupid to my face..

Nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes, and anybody who simply dismisses this as a possibility is ignorant of the politicking that goes on. But then, people who resort to name calling have already displayed that wonderful little character trait, haven't they.

Good news is, we will probably have a somewhat definitive answer to this soon. If Edwards ends up getting some playing time and the play calling suddenly becomes a lot less conservative, I think it becomes obvious.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Skoob, I started a similar thread yesterday, and got about the same response.. except nobody had the balls to call me stupid to my face..

Nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes, and anybody who simply dismisses this as a possibility is ignorant of the politicking that goes on. But then, people who resort to name calling have already displayed that wonderful little character trait, haven't they.

Good news is, we will probably have a somewhat definitive answer to this soon. If Edwards ends up getting some playing time and the play calling suddenly becomes a lot less conservative, I think it becomes obvious.

It's pretty obvious right now to me and you but maybe it takes longer for others to catch up. :respect:

Confused
09-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Life makes JP look stupid.

OpIv37
09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
The playcalling was designed poorly but JP makes himself look stupid.

kinigirly
09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
i'm confused. skooby has been the anti-jp nazi for the past week. is he back on the jp bandwagon? i need a specific tracker for him, his views change so fast on me i can't keep up

OpIv37
09-18-2007, 07:03 PM
i'm confused. skooby has been the anti-jp nazi for the past week. is he back on the jp bandwagon? i need a specific tracker for him, his views change so fast on me i can't keep up

his views change every time the medication starts to wear off.

justasportsfan
09-18-2007, 07:05 PM
his views change every time the medication starts to wear off.
:respect:

HHURRICANE
09-18-2007, 07:19 PM
The thread should be:

Is JP actually making the play calling look stupid?

YardRat
09-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Nothing will be obvious to anybody except what their own perceptions are. If, hypothetically, Edwards DOES come in and the offense plays better, the JP die-hards will insist that the play-calling is different and how unfair the organization has been to JP, and others will maintain that the gameplan isn't any different, rather Edwards is more skilled at running it.

We already went through this with JP vs. Holcomb.

And JP vs Bledsoe...Flutie vs Johnson...Kelly vs Reich...Kemp vs Lamonica...and so on and so forth.