PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

Confused
09-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Lee's contract is up soon. Do you think he will re-sign with the Bills(for big money- in that "buffalo big money" sorta way) or will he "test the free agent market" and most likely get WAAAAYYYYYYYY more money than that geezer owner of ours would ever pay for a player. Keep in mind the sports media has been verbally fellating Evans as a "perenial pro-bowler in a larger market" for quite some time.
Lee has always been a marvin harrison like guy. meaning he is not brash or cocky and is a good character guy. Last game we saw three years of frustration come to a head. Im sure it stems from fairchild's inept play calling and JP's lack of production.
My prediction: Bye Bye Lee.
Thoughts?

TacklingDummy
09-18-2007, 12:03 PM
He's gone.

Dallas, San Fran., or Miami.

OpIv37
09-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Lee's time here overlapped briefly with Eric Moulds' tenure. Moulds is a guy who could have been one of the greats if this team could have developed any type of consistent offensive presence. Two weeks ago, this thought never even entered my head.

But now, with the offense once again struggling and the prospect of having to groom a new QB looming, there are similarities between Evans and Moulds. Evans mounting frustration is not a good sign, and neither is all of our idle cap space that could be use to extend players such as Lee Evans....

My prediction is that if we don't get the offense going, Lee's as good as gone. If we do, we'll have a shot at keeping him but it's far from a sure thing.

The Answer
09-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Lee's contract is up soon. Do you think he will re-sign with the Bills(for big money- in that "buffalo big money" sorta way) or will he "test the free agent market" and most likely get WAAAAYYYYYYYY more money than that geezer owner of ours would ever pay for a player. Keep in mind the sports media has been verbally fellating Evans as a "perenial pro-bowler in a larger market) for quite some time.
Lee has always been a marvin harrison like guy. meaning he is not brash or cocky and is a good character guy. Last game we saw three years of frustration come to a head. Im sure it stems from fairchild's inept play calling and JP's lack of production.
My prediction: Bye Bye Lee.
Thoughts?

Nobody is going to want to stay in Buffalo given the current state of affairs.

But thankfully The Young Gun is our savior and should be all the incentive Evans needs to resign in Buffalo.

~The Answer

Confused
09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
2 words. Limas Sweede. If we loose Lee, we gotta draft a threat WR. He is perfect for the Bills. A big target, fast, sure handed. He'd compliment our emerging No.2 WR in Roscoe Parrish very well.
I really hope I'm blowing smoke here. Lee would be a HUGE loss. Lets hope this season doesnt burn him out and he doesnt go running off as soon as he gets the chance. Alot of things need to change /improve before we should expect otherwise.

raphael120
09-18-2007, 12:52 PM
If I was Lee I wouldn't stay. You can't tell me with all the talent he has, he'd want to waste it in Buffalo when he could easily be on a playoff team somewhere else.

Elminster
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
If I were Lee, I'd want to play for a real OC and play with the assurance the guy getting me the ball isn't going to change every 2-3 years. In other words, I wouldn't be eager to stay with the Bills, sadly....

patmoran2006
09-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Lee's signed through 2009 I believe.

RockStar36
09-18-2007, 01:12 PM
If they sign him right after this season or even during the season I'd say he might be willing to stay but if they wait to long I don't see why he would want to. You can't blame the guy. They only have so many years in an NFL career that can be cut short by injury (as they've seen first hand) and they want to win now.

don137
09-18-2007, 01:58 PM
The Bills are the Bengals of the 90's. I think he is too much of a professional to say he doesn't want to be here but if look at his actions last weekend. He is totally frustrated and who can blame the guy...After seeing how this team has played the past two weeks and the fact they have not made the playoffs in 7 years I can honestly say this is the low point of the franchise. This team is far from being competitive and I truly wonder if the team will ever be competitive with Wilson as the owner.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Let's see... a good player with loads of talent due for a payday, currently playing for Buffalo.

I'd say his days here are numbered.

CASH. TO. THE. CAP.

Our self-induced monetary system here in WNY only allows for big name guys like Kelsay and Webster.

Who needs guys with talent when medicore comes cheap?

patmoran2006
09-18-2007, 02:19 PM
The Bills are the Bengals of the 90's. I think he is too much of a professional to say he doesn't want to be here but if look at his actions last weekend. He is totally frustrated and who can blame the guy...After seeing how this team has played the past two weeks and the fact they have not made the playoffs in 7 years I can honestly say this is the low point of the franchise. This team is far from being competitive and I truly wonder if the team will ever be competitive with Wilson as the owner.
Spot on.
They're brutal and not even CLOSE to turning the corner.