PDA

View Full Version : Against the Pats

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Let's line up with 2 and 3 TE's and just smash them. Get them out of the 3-4.

It's obvious that we can't throw the ball.

mchurchfie
09-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Lets git'er done.:coocoo:
:fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat:

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
What other choice do we have?

5 wide? :snicker:

OpIv37
09-18-2007, 01:23 PM

ha- did we even have 5 WR's active last week? Evans, Price, Parrish, Aiken- that's all I can think of with Reed out.

mchurchfie
09-18-2007, 01:26 PM
JP is only up to checking down to two receivers this year. Each year they are going to add another one. These things take time you know:up:

Patrick76777
09-18-2007, 01:28 PM

EE, I saw your Avatar and I just laughed out loud. In the old days, that would have easily been a ROTFLMAO!

Fantastic.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 01:30 PM
EE, I saw your Avatar and I just laughed out loud. In the old days, that would have easily been a ROTFLMAO!

Fantastic.
Fresh off of BB.com, pal.

Patrick76777
09-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Let's line up with 2 and 3 TE's and just smash them. Get them out of the 3-4.

It's obvious that we can't throw the ball.

I'd go in with the mindset to SLOW the game way down. All runs and quick short passes. I'd milk the play clock from the first play. Get the ball, McGee takes it to the 40 and go on a 10 minute 60 yard TD drive consisting of Lynch runs, Screens and a few other short passes. Hit Parrish after a 2 step drop and hope he makes a big play.

After a few drives of this, Try one deep to Evans.

On Defense, I'd try to get Moss rattled from the start. I'd have Whitner line him up and knock his block off right on the first drive. Again, we all know that the defense isn't great. They're going to give up yards between the 20's, but we seem to have a knack for keeping teams out of the endzone. We'll need to continue that.

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
ha- did we even have 5 WR's active last week? Evans, Price, Parrish, Aiken- that's all I can think of with Reed out.

I imagine Marshawn Lynch would line up in the slot. He has that kind of versatility.

Patrick76777
09-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I'd go in with the mindset to SLOW the game way down. All runs and quick short passes. I'd milk the play clock from the first play. Get the ball, McGee takes it to the 40 and go on a 10 minute 60 yard TD drive consisting of Lynch runs, Screens and a few other short passes. Hit Parrish after a 2 step drop and hope he makes a big play.

On Defense, I'd try to get Moss rattled from the start. I'd have Whitner line him up and knock his block off right on the first drive. Again, we all know that the defense isn't great. They're going to give up yards between the 20's, but we seem to have a knack for keeping teams out of the endzone. We'll need to continue that.

This is what WILL happen.

McGee (if Healthy) will take it to the 40. First play will be Lynch for 3 yards. 2nd and 7, Lynch for 2 more. 3rd and 5, JP waits forever and takes 15 yard sack., 4th and 20, Punt, NE catches at the 35 and returns it to the Buffalo 47, 1st and 10, LM runs for 14 yards to the Buffalo 33. 1st and 10 Brady passes to the Douchebag from Miami to the Buffalo 3. 1st and Goal, one of the Pats TE's is standing in the corner of the endzone without a Bill within 15 yards, 7-0 NE!

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 01:43 PM

We have to go jumbo, though. We can't line up normally (2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB) and run. We need to go 1 WR and 3 TE.

The Pats like to toy with us with that 2 man rush crap. Let's try to pound them.

The King
09-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Cant we just forfeit.

OpIv37
09-18-2007, 01:58 PM
I imagine Marshawn Lynch would line up in the slot. He has that kind of versatility.

Please tell that to Steve Fairchild- apparently he doesn't know.

mchurchfie
09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Fresh off of BB.com, pal.A Classic!:10:

mybills
09-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Cant we just forfeit.
NO.

RedEyE
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
This is what WILL happen.

McGee (if Healthy) will take it to the 40. First play will be Lynch for 3 yards. 2nd and 7, Lynch for 2 more. 3rd and 5, JP waits forever and takes 15 yard sack., 4th and 20, Punt, NE catches at the 35 and returns it to the Buffalo 47, 1st and 10, LM runs for 14 yards to the Buffalo 33. 1st and 10 Brady passes to the Douchebag from Miami to the Buffalo 3. 1st and Goal, one of the Pats TE's is standing in the corner of the endzone without a Bill within 15 yards, 7-0 NE!

The douchebag from Miami comment had me laughing pretty hard.

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 03:17 PM
We have to go jumbo, though. We can't line up normally (2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB) and run. We need to go 1 WR and 3 TE.

The Pats have actually used the 3 TE/1RB/1WR set pretty successfully in the first couple games. They bring in OT Ryan O'Callaghan as a TE and use Kyle Brady and Ben Watson as TE as well. Moss is the lone WR and Morris or Maroney are the HB. That gives them a lot of beef to pound the football, but they can also play-action and max protect, with capable pass-catchers like Moss and Watson.

They used it 11 times against the Chargers and 12 times against the Jets, and 2 of Moss' TDs have come from this set. I would think they will use it even more against Buffalo, since it has been very successful and I expect the Pats will try to establish the run early more than they have in the first couple of games.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
The Pats have actually used the 3 TE/1RB/1WR set pretty successfully in the first couple games. They bring in OT Ryan O'Callaghan as a TE and use Kyle Brady and Ben Watson as TE as well. Moss is the lone WR and Morris or Maroney are the HB. That gives them a lot of beef to pound the football, but they can also play-action and max protect, with capable pass-catchers like Moss and Watson.

They used it 11 times against the Chargers and 12 times against the Jets, and 2 of Moss' TDs have come from this set. I would think they will use it even more against Buffalo, since it has been very successful and I expect the Pats will try to establish the run early more than they have in the first couple of games.
I was talking about the Bills going jumbo against the Pats D.

The Pats will come out and go 5 wide until they are up by 21. Then they'll go big and crush us.