PDA

View Full Version : Do we need another WR?

SoCalBillsFan
03-23-2003, 08:44 PM
I think right now another WR should be a high priority. Reed is only in his second year, and Shaw may be an adequate number 3 but is not much more. If one of our receivers gets hurt, we are suddenly pretty unintimidating at the WR spot. I'd love to have another receiver to compete with shaw for the number 3 job, someone who I would feel confident with if Reed or Moulds gets hurt, or even someone we could use if we go 4 wide. I really think there is a steep drop off as we look at each of our wideouts.

Either via FA (not sure who is left) or in the draft, I think it should be a priority to add another WR to this roster. We are now in the position where we are looking to go deep into the playoffs, we can afford to start thinking about stuff like this!

Your thoughts?

Stewie
03-23-2003, 08:52 PM
I think we need depth at RB more than WR now, although I agree that we're running thin at WR too.

Doc
03-23-2003, 08:56 PM
I'd still like to see MarTay Jenkins added, because of his sick speed and KR/ST abilities. If they can add him, and possibly a nickel CB like Alex Molden (both of them and Sam Adams are represented by Angelo Wright, BTW), the Bills will have addressed every need.

The Spaz
03-23-2003, 08:56 PM
If bryant Johnson falls to us in the second round we should grab if not wait to later and grab a guy like Nate Burleson! Go Bills!

simpletask400
03-23-2003, 09:01 PM
I can see TD drafting a WR as early as round 2.

Marcus Robinson should be available in june, I think its possible for TD to go after him.

When healthy this guy can play.

SoCalBillsFan
03-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Robinson at a cheap price would be ideal IMO. A playmaker who can step up if we need it.

losman2evans
03-23-2003, 09:09 PM
My vote is for Robinson

Brian H
03-23-2003, 09:12 PM
I 3rd that,Robinson will be a huge play maker wherever he goes too.Despite being injury prone at times,when he is heathly he makes so great plays and that's what we need........

WG
03-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Will Marcus Robinson be willing to play #3?

We are sitting pretty! Plenty of cap space. We can draft a need player or best available.

The one area that I am still highly concerned about is OL depth. Right now we have Price and that's it for experienced OL-men. I would have figured by now that TD would have offered Conaty at least a minimum salary.

Right now we have our starters, Price, and then after that, only Pucillo, no experience only second season, 7th rounder; Mike Houghton, no experience only second season, undrafted; Joey Hollenbeck, no experience only third season, picked up off G.B.'s waivers. All three of those guys are 23.

Is anyone else concerned if anyone but Price has to fill in???

Schobel94
03-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Every team is pretty unintimidating with one reciever hurt, we're lucky to have the depth we do, some teams dont even have 1 good reciever! I think we take Moulds for granted here. We are arguing about 3rd and 4th recievers! A lot of teams dont have 2, and some not even 1 decent reciever! I'll take it as a good sign the way we're talkin right now. :)

TigerJ
03-24-2003, 09:15 AM
I think Schobel is right. Do we need another WR? No! Would I add one more if I could get a good one? Without question. De we need another good OL? No! Would I add another one if I could get a good one? In a minute? One never has enough depth, but barring a bunch of serious injuries, the Bills have a team right now that can do considerable damage next season.