PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Sabres screw us the fans

jack1022
09-18-2007, 02:25 PM
People spent all morning trying to get tickets for the new years day game for Sabres vs. Pens, and it sells out with no ticket limit.. Sabres org. never game Sabres and bills season ticket holders the opportunity to buy extra tickets. In fact, unless your a suit or club ticket holder at the Ralph you didn't get a chance... and WGR55 always talks trash about the bills and the org. about the way it handles business.. Well let's frown upon the Sabres managment for this huge mistake.. along with Drury and Briere.. Are we sure we want Galisano to run the Bills in the future?????

Patrick76777
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
People spent all morning trying to get tickets for the new years day game for Sabres vs. Pens, and it sells out with no ticket limit.. Sabres org. never game Sabres and bills season ticket holders the opportunity to buy extra tickets. In fact, unless your a suit or club ticket holder at the Ralph you didn't get a chance... and WGR55 always talks trash about the bills and the org. about the way it handles business.. Well let's frown upon the Sabres managment for this huge mistake.. along with Drury and Briere.. Are we sure we want Galisano to run the Bills in the future?????

The Sabres games are on GR, so they never bash them.

Meathead
09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
its a novelty but actually its gonna suck to be at the game. the weather likely will be bad, which is not usually a huge deal for hearty bflo fans, but worse the view is gonna be terrible

if somebody hands me a tik ill go but personally im not bugging if i dont

jack1022
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Im not going to claim to be a better fan of one over the other, WGR and children play that game...
I would enjoy a bills game no matter the weather, just as I likely would have for a sabres game, not to mention use of a huge HD TV at the Ralph..

tailgate party remains the same..

DMBcrew36
09-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Who cares. If you wanted to go to the game bad enough, you would've been online getting tickets at 10am this morning.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
hopefully all 254 pens that fell off the face of the earth until Crosby was drafted got their reserved tickets. hopefully all the new bandwagon rimjobbers parading around like true fans got their tickets to scalp at hundreds of dollars a pop. hopefully bettman and the nhl reserved tickets for leafs fans as well so they can come to our city and **** on our good times...

at least we have the tailgate. i'm sure you'll need a scalped ticket for that as well.

jack1022
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Who cares. If you wanted to go to the game bad enough, you would've been online getting tickets at 10am this morning.

I found out afterward my wife and mother and father were attempting to get tickets for me as a x-mas gift... I suckes they worked hard for an hour calling and online, to later find out scalpers could and did buy time in blocks of hundreds...

If you had a brain you'd be working now...not in your parent's basement..

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Someone sounds bitter. Welcome to reality, if you want tickets, be proactive.

When I lived in Buffalo in 96-98, I'd drive to Cleveland to get Indians tickets. Remember this is back when the Indians were in their consecutive sellout streak. I coulda stayed home and tried to do it through ticketmaster and saved the gas and time, but you know what I wanted tickets. You gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW Indians games would be sold out in the matter of about an hour. Not just one game, but the entire season.

Do you need a tissue because you couldn't get tickets? awwww.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:32 PM
he might just be pissed cuz the entire process was a mismanaged mess? there should have been some sort of structure, but there wasn't.

jack1022
09-18-2007, 03:34 PM
he might just be pissed cuz the entire process was a mismanaged mess? there should have been some sort of structure, but there wasn't.

Jfreeman, your one of the smart poster's here..

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Why is this in the Bills Forum? Take it to the hockey forum.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Mismanaged? In who's eyes? The NHL wanted the publicity of the game being sold out quickly and got it.

That was the structure, sell the game out fast and reap the benefits of good publicity.

Public perception is the NHL doesn't matter, now they have this shining moment to hang their hats on. "You all say we don't matter, yet we just sold out an outdoor venue in a half hour. I guess we do matter to some people."

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:38 PM
i see your side, but man do i disagree. letting x amount of people buy as many tickets as they want, to scalp and 100's of times more than face value, defeats the purpose of a fast sell out.

this also helps to prove my point that buffalo is really a bandwagon city. last year people used the 'holiday's and bad weather in dec/jan' as an excuse to not buy bills tickets. yet they line up in droves for this. blows my mind.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 03:42 PM
i see your side, but man do i disagree. letting x amount of people buy as many tickets as they want, to scalp and 100's of times more than face value, defeats the purpose of a fast sell out.

this also helps to prove my point that buffalo is really a bandwagon city. last year people used the 'holiday's and bad weather in dec/jan' as an excuse to not buy bills tickets. yet they line up in droves for this. blows my mind.
And you know what's even funnier? They'll be completely happy if the Sabres don't win a championship. They'll just say "oh yeah, well we're building for the future, yeah. You know, the future"

Buncha losers.

dannyek71
09-18-2007, 03:42 PM
i am not a diehard sabres fan (I know of about 5 guys who play for them)
but Id even be interested in going to the ralph for a sabres game

Wys Guy
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Please keep your post game review of the Bills in the appropriate forum.

jack1022
09-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Mismanaged? In who's eyes? The NHL wanted the publicity of the game being sold out quickly and got it.

That was the structure, sell the game out fast and reap the benefits of good publicity.

Public perception is the NHL doesn't matter, now they have this shining moment to hang their hats on. "You all say we don't matter, yet we just sold out an outdoor venue in a half hour. I guess we do matter to some people."

ticket brokers are the one's who bought the tickets.. Not sports fans in WNY who don't have Sabres season tickets.. I have bills season tx and occassionally go to sabres.. I'm the fan that's left out of the experience because the entire process was a mismanaged mess..

Unless you live here now, that's the rage and fans are upset..

Imagine if you would, the Bills go to the playoffs, and a game is at the Ralph, your not a season ticket holder but you went to a few games during the season... Ralph W.stadium suddenly sits, 300,000 (that's the comparison from 20,000 to 80,000). Wouldn't you be upset that of 300,000 tickets you can't get one ticket at the time the tickets go on sale because the entire process was mismanaged and scalpers bought and now will charge you 5x the amount.. if your still concerned, leave the basement of your parents house and get some air and go back to the basement of your parents house and re-read the above..

Michael82
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
and he's pissed because there was 25,000 tickets reserved for the Penguins, Maple Leafs and Blue Jays fans with a special password for each group.... :ill:

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
and he's pissed because there was 25,000 tickets reserved for the Penguins, Maple Leafs and Blue Jays fans with a special password for each group.... :ill:
Wait a minute, Leafs? Blue Jays? I thought that it was Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh?

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Someone sounds bitter. Welcome to reality, if you want tickets, be proactive.

When I lived in Buffalo in 96-98, I'd drive to Cleveland to get Indians tickets. Remember this is back when the Indians were in their consecutive sellout streak. I coulda stayed home and tried to do it through ticketmaster and saved the gas and time, but you know what I wanted tickets. You gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW Indians games would be sold out in the matter of about an hour. Not just one game, but the entire season.

Do you need a tissue because you couldn't get tickets? awwww.

No matter what you "tried" to do, the game sold out in 20 minutes.

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Now they will have the publicity of selling seats for a BUFFALO HOME GAME to fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Blue Jays.

Doesn't really matter much as I think prices will come down a ton in the weeks and months to follow and seats will be much more affordable.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 04:08 PM

I and many other people did that and couldn't get tickets.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Just for the record, i'm pissed because I was at Macy's in Rochester, but their ticket master machines all over the place (not just my Macy's) kept crashing down and by the time it refreshed, the screen said "tickets not available" There were about 40-80 people in line behind me and they were really pissed off!

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
ticket brokers are the one's who bought the tickets.. Not sports fans in WNY who don't have Sabres season tickets.. I have bills season tx and occassionally go to sabres.. I'm the fan that's left out of the experience because the entire process was a mismanaged mess..

Unless you live here now, that's the rage and fans are upset..

Imagine if you would, the Bills go to the playoffs, and a game is at the Ralph, your not a season ticket holder but you went to a few games during the season... Ralph W.stadium suddenly sits, 300,000 (that's the comparison from 20,000 to 80,000). Wouldn't you be upset that of 300,000 tickets you can't get one ticket at the time the tickets go on sale because the entire process was mismanaged and scalpers bought and now will charge you 5x the amount.. if your still concerned, leave the basement of your parents house and get some air and go back to the basement of your parents house and re-read the above..

The Sabres report the most tickets purchased at a single time through ticketmaster online was 32. So your point of brokers buying 100s at a time is an outright lie. Unless, you're calling the Sabres and/or Ticketmaster liars. On top of the fact the Sabres box office also limited to 4 tickets per purchase, also what is reported.

Back to my late 90s Indians example...The Indians limited tickets purchased to 4 tickets per game...say they had 20K season ticket holders. I'm not sure on that though...but it's a high estimate considering that's about half capacity. So you have 22,000 tickets for 81 games go on sale. To save you on the math that's 1,782,000 tickets. They'd sell out in an hour via team shops, box office and online sales. 40K tickets going on sale selling in 20 minutes actually gave people a better chance at getting a seat then what the Indians did. Yet no one in Cleveland ever complained. I lived here from 96-98 and Cleveland in 99. Like I said from 96-98 I drove to Cleveland to get my tickets from one of the team shops.

Just because you probably sat at home, tried using your internet to get tickets, as well as probably 100K other WNYers, not including anywhere else, don't get pissed off that you couldn't get through and then by the time you did...they were sold out.

I tried to get tickets to a Radiohead show up in Toronto a few years ago...it was sold out in like 5 minutes.

Welcome to when you have many different avenues to get tickets and a higher demand then there is tickets available.

If you really wanted tickets, you should have gone down to the arena last night and camped out. And that goes to anyone who wanted tickets for the most part. When you have something that is in high demand you have to go to more proactive measures to get it. Waking up at 9:59am and logging onto ticketmaster at 10am, generally isn't gonna cut it. Sure, you might get lucky, but your odds are quite small.

And 5 times the amount on Ebay? Please. I saw tickets on Ebay for "buy now" at 130...sure that's double face value but don't exaggerate your figures just because you're crying that you didn't take a more proactive approach to getting seats.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Just for the record, i'm pissed because I was at Macy's in Rochester, but their ticket master machines all over the place (not just my Macy's) kept crashing down and by the time it refreshed, the screen said "tickets not available" There were about 40-80 people in line behind me and they were really pissed off!

That sucks, I've had that experience once with the Indians. Ticketmaster went down at the team shop I went to and by the time it came back up 10 minutes later, most of the good games were gone.

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
No, I would never think the Sabres would lie ... Chris Drury... they have always told the truth to everyone.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Poor baby... WAAAAAAAAAAA

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Now they will have the publicity of selling seats for a BUFFALO HOME GAME to fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Blue Jays.

Doesn't really matter much as I think prices will come down a ton in the weeks and months to follow and seats will be much more affordable.
Well at least we aren't playing the leafs right!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Do people find a reason to complain about every ****ing thing that happens. It sickens me. I didn't get a ticket today but you can rest assured I will have one before Jan 1. Don't be babies and make it happen!

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Do people find a reason to complain about every ****ing thing that happens. It sickens me. I didn't get a ticket today but you can rest assured I will have one before Jan 1. Don't be babies and make it happen!

Thank you Sir for being one person who gets it!

Philagape
09-18-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't give a crap about Bills ticket holders ... this has nothing to do with the Bills whatsoever except the same venue.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Thank you Sir for being one person who gets it!
Welcome.

And if you can't afford to buy them on EBAY or what not than too bad. I hate how people get this entitlement thing going.

Yeah such a BAD business decision to sell out a 70k stadium in a half hour. How STUPID of the team and the NHL!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't give a crap about Bills ticket holders ... this has nothing to do with the Bills whatsoever except the same venue.
Yeah it has nothing to do with the Bills whatsoever EXCEPT for the fact that it is being played in THEIR stadium.... They didn't have to authorize the use by the way. Of course it made perfect sense to but they aren't going to give anything away for nothing.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Why is this a Sabres FO issue?

It appears as if the NHL FO was running this. Especially considering the tickets to Toronto.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah it has nothing to do with the Bills whatsoever EXCEPT for the fact that it is being played in THEIR stadium.... They didn't have to authorize the use by the way. Of course it made perfect sense to but they aren't going to give anything away for nothing.

I don't care. Boo hoo. Should Bills fans get first crack at concerts held there?

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 05:27 PM

No offense Thurm, but why do you feel the need to ***** about it everytime someone complains? Some people have legitimate complaints, like Mikey, but you seem to always get this superior attitude like you are so much of a better person because you aren't *****ing about it, but you even worse because you are *****ing about the *****ing. Let the *****ing happen and they will ***** themselves out.

I don't want to say *****ing anymore now.

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Well at least we aren't playing the leafs right!!!

WTF does that have to do with it? Why sell game tickets for a home game to a team's fans that isn't playing in it and to a team's fans who doesn't even play the same sport?

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 05:34 PM

I believe the county of Erie owns Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It isn't like it will have anything going on in the stadium after Dec. 23rd.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Passwords were assigned to season-ticket holders of the Penguins, Sabres, Bills and the Toronto Maple Leafs and Blue Jays, for online purchases. However, all seats, even those set aside for season-ticket holders, were available at 10 a.m. -- and buyers could purchase as many as 50 tickets in some cases.

as per penguins.nhl.com

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Why is this a Sabres FO issue?

It appears as if the NHL FO was running this. Especially considering the tickets to Toronto.

Well, with what happened in free agency, people want to blame Darcy and Larry for as much as they can. :D

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't care. Boo hoo. Should Bills fans get first crack at concerts held there?
Why are you Boo hooing me? I am a Bills season ticket holder and didn't get a ticket yet.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:46 PM
No offense Thurm, but why do you feel the need to ***** about it everytime someone complains? Some people have legitimate complaints, like Mikey, but you seem to always get this superior attitude like you are so much of a better person because you aren't *****ing about it, but you even worse because you are *****ing about the *****ing. Let the *****ing happen and they will ***** themselves out.

I don't want to say *****ing anymore now.
I know I ***** about *****ing. I can't help it. It has nothing to do with any kind of superiority at all but don't you sit back and read these threads and think to yourself "wow what a bunch of god damn babies?" If you want to get a ticket than get one. No one is stopping you. That is all I am saying. Did the league have to host the event here? If it was held in Pittsburgh would you be *****ing that 1) it wasn't in Buffalo and 2) that they held 25000 tickets for Sabres fans?

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
You don't care because it doesn't suit you to care. You can Boo hoo all you want but if the Bills had said screw you Sabres the event would have been in Pittsburgh or Detroit etc... There has to be a negotiation. If part of that negotiation was the Bills asking that their Season ticket holders get a crack than so be it(on a side note I have no idea if this is even the case BTW)

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I know I ***** about *****ing. I can't help it. It has nothing to do with any kind of superiority at all but don't you sit back and read these threads and think to yourself "wow what a bunch of god damn babies?" If you want to get a ticket than get one. No one is stopping you. That is all I am saying. Did the league have to host the event here? If it was held in Pittsburgh would you be *****ing that 1) it wasn't in Buffalo and 2) that they held 25000 tickets for Sabres fans?

Sometimes it does get a little tiring, but I think there are legitimate complaints here.

No, I wouldn't be *****ing if they didn't hold 25,000 tickets for Sabres fans. I am more upset about the tickets for Toronto.

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 05:50 PM
You don't care because it doesn't suit you to care. You can Boo hoo all you want but if the Bills had said screw you Sabres the event would have been in Pittsburgh or Detroit etc... There has to be a negotiation. If part of that negotiation was the Bills asking that their Season ticket holders get a crack than so be it(on a side note I have no idea if this is even the case BTW)

The only season ticket holders that get a crack at tickets for the Bills are club seat holders. Basically only the rich fans matter.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Cher there are tons of Sabres fans in Toronto. Its not like you have to flash your Sabres fan ID to buy the tickets anywhere. How do we know that all 70k of the tickets weren't sold to Pens fans? Obviously that didn't happen but you know what I am saying.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 05:51 PM
I personally think that NONE of the Bills Season Ticket holders shoulda got any preferential treatment on this, but hey, who am I to judge on this?

The NHL did some Bills fans a favor when it shouldn't have done anything.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:52 PM
The only season ticket holders that get a crack at tickets for the Bills are club seat holders. Basically only the rich fans matter.
I dont know about where you work but at my company the big customers get all the perks. You have to keep your bread and butter happy.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I personally think that NONE of the Bills Season Ticket holders shoulda got any preferential treatment on this, but hey, who am I to judge on this?

The NHL did some Bills fans a favor when it shouldn't have done anything.
Again what if the Bills said NO you can't use the stadium unless you give Club ticket holders first crack. Then it wasn't a favor it was a prerequisite to making the deal happen.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
according to what i read all season ticket holders for the sabres get tickets that are comparable to what they have at HSBC.

so if you have season tickets for 1 seat, you get one seat guaranteed for the game, etc.

im still kinda boggled as to why bluejays/leafs fans get a special thing but then again, toronto is home to the hockey hall of fame?

Mr. Pink
09-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Again what if the Bills said NO you can't use the stadium unless you give Club ticket holders first crack. Then it wasn't a favor it was a prerequisite to making the deal happen.

It's a possibility, yes.

But, I don't see what incentive or reason the Bills or Ralph would have to make this a stipulation. Unless they don't really want anybody outside of the "privileged" if you wanna call it that, sit in the club seats, for whatever reason.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 05:59 PM
according to what i read all season ticket holders for the sabres get tickets that are comparable to what they have at HSBC.

so if you have season tickets for 1 seat, you get one seat guaranteed for the game, etc.

im still kinda boggled as to why bluejays/leafs fans get a special thing but then again, toronto is home to the hockey hall of fame?
Guys is it Blue Jays and Leafs season ticket holders or is it a certain amount only being sold in the Toronto area?

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
It's a possibility, yes.

But, I don't see what incentive or reason the Bills or Ralph would have to make this a stipulation. Unless they don't really want anybody outside of the "privileged" if you wanna call it that, sit in the club seats, for whatever reason.
It would be something that could make club seat owners happy and continuing to purchase the seats in the future. I see that clearly. It may not be much but anything helps.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 06:02 PM

It isn't.

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 06:02 PM
When I logged in this morning it had a place to enter special passwords for Penguins fans (which I completely understand), Leafs fans, and Blue Jays fans (which makes no sense at all)

I'd assume the season ticket holders got passwords.

And Thurm, you're right, it's a perfectly smart business decision to do things the way they did... but it's a horribly lousy one if you want to keep your fan's best interests in mind.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Guys is it Blue Jays and Leafs season ticket holders or is it a certain amount only being sold in the Toronto area?

according to ticketmaster.com:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003F219ECC438A/?tm_link=edp_onsale

More Information
PENGUINS AND BLUE JAYS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS OFFERS. ENTER THE PASSWORD PROVIDED BY THE RESPECTIVE TEAMS.

from the pittsburgh newspaper:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_528105.html

Passwords were assigned to season-ticket holders of the Penguins, Sabres, Bills and the Toronto Maple Leafs and Blue Jays, for online purchases. However, all seats, even those set aside for season-ticket holders, were available at 10 a.m. -- and buyers could purchase as many as 50 tickets in some cases.
Four tickets to the NHL Winter Classic were available on eBay.com for $1,499.99.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
When I logged in this morning it had a place to enter special passwords for Penguins fans (which I completely understand), Leafs fans, and Blue Jays fans (which makes no sense at all)

And Thurm, you're right, it's a perfectly smart business decision to do things the way they did... but it's a horribly lousy one if you want to keep your fan's best interests in mind.
Point is you can't make everyone happy and around here you can't make ANYONE happy. I don't know why they would give Leaf or Jays fans/ticket holders any preference. My only assumption would be that was an NHL league decision designed to make it more of an event. Either way it doesn't bother me and I will be attending the game.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 06:08 PM
According the the WGR report, the tickets set aside for seasons are still set aside.

:curse: Toronto

Philagape
09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Point is you can't make everyone happy and around here you can't make ANYONE happy. I don't know why they would give Leaf or Jays fans/ticket holders any preference. My only assumption would be that was an NHL league decision designed to make it more of an event. Either way it doesn't bother me and I will be attending the game.

If it doesn't bother you then mind your own business about those it does. You're a whiner too, hypocrite.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:11 PM
You know what you are right. They should just move the entire game to the Sky dome!! That way we can get our 25k set aside. :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 06:11 PM

It does seem as if it would make everyone in Buffalo some money. If there are 70,000 seats and 25% of them go to the Pittsburgh fans, that means that there will be 17,500 more people in Buffalo during that day or two. That would be a huge gain from a financial stand point with hotels and restaurants and what not.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
If it doesn't bother you then mind your own business about those it does. You're a whiner too, hypocrite.
I am not whining though I am making valid points.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
It does seem as if it would make everyone in Buffalo some money. If there are 70,000 seats and 25% of them go to the Pittsburgh fans, that means that there will be 17,500 more people in Buffalo during that day or two. That would be a huge gain from a financial stand point with hotels and restaurants and what not.
Exactly!

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Either way it doesn't bother me and I will be attending the game.

and that's why it doesn't bother you, because you'll be attending...

I went out of my way to make plans to come up for this from North Carolina, and did everything in my power to get tickets this morning, and couldn't... Maple Leafs and Blue Jays fans don't spend money on this organization, why do they get rewarded? I agree, I'm sure this was from the NHL, and I think they are jackasses because of it. They've already shown how inept at running a league they are, they're just further proving it.

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 06:14 PM

No argument on that point... but what it does is send a message to the fans of your club, the ones who spend all their money on you to begin with, that you don't give a damn about them.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
What'll help the economy is a lot of people making a 1000 percent profit off this.

And I live out of town, farther than Toronto, and I'd spend money at restaurants too.

Philagape
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I am not whining though I am making valid points.

BS, you always whine about whiners.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
and that's why it doesn't bother you, because you'll be attending...

I went out of my way to make plans to come up for this from North Carolina, and did everything in my power to get tickets this morning, and couldn't... Maple Leafs and Blue Jays fans don't spend money on this organization, why do they get rewarded? I agree, I'm sure this was from the NHL, and I think they are jackasses because of it. They've already shown how inept at running a league they are, they're just further proving it.
I don't have a ticket yet.

I just don't get how having an event sell 70k tickets in less than an hour is inept.

Do you seriously think the Blue Jays fans aren't Hockey fans. They live in Toronto for christ sakes!!!

Here are 2 ticks on EBAY For a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Buffalo-Sabres-vs-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Tickets-1-1-08_W0QQitemZ330167129902QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guarentee the prices will go down as the game approaches as well.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
wow, according to the buffalo news, the sabres only get enough of what they would normally make at hsbc..... the rest goes to the NHL

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:20 PM
BS, you always whine about whiners.
Whatever floats your boat man.

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 06:25 PM
What'll help the economy is a lot of people making a 1000 percent profit off this.

And I live out of town, farther than Toronto, and I'd spend money at restaurants too.

Hmm, oh yeah, I forgot North Carolina isn't located in Buffalo either... My money might be worth somethign to them too huh?

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't have a ticket yet.

I just don't get how having an event sell 70k tickets in less than an hour is inept.

Do you seriously think the Blue Jays fans aren't Hockey fans. They live in Toronto for christ sakes!!!

Here are 2 ticks on EBAY For a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Buffalo-Sabres-vs-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Tickets-1-1-08_W0QQitemZ330167129902QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guarentee the prices will go down as the game approaches as well.

Reasonable? That's nearly double what they cost.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Reasonable? That's nearly double what they cost.

yeah no way would i buy 40 dollar seats for 10x the cost.....

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 06:31 PM
No argument on that point... but what it does is send a message to the fans of your club, the ones who spend all their money on you to begin with, that you don't give a damn about them.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this something that the league is setting up and not the Sabres organization?

If it is the league it would seem that it's something that's out of the Sabres hands... Maybe I'm wrong :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Then don't go. I realize they are expensive but if you want to attend a possibly once in a lifetime(who knows they will probably end up doing more) event you need to pay up!

I am not saying I don't think the price sucks because I do but what else is there to do at this point? If you really want to go make it happen.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
yeah no way would i buy 40 dollar seats for 10x the cost.....
They are at 170 for a pair how is that 10xs? 10xs would be 800 bucks for the pair.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this something that the league is setting up and not the Sabres organization?

If it is the league it would seem that it's something that's out of the Sabres hands... Maybe I'm wrong :idunno:
No I think you are correct.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
No I think you are correct.
If I am correct then it would be kind of hard to blame the Sabres since they have virtually no say in it. I don't know, it sounds awesome though. To me sports are meant to be played outside.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 06:40 PM
They are at 170 for a pair how is that 10xs? 10xs would be 800 bucks for the pair.

the pair is at 170 for right now, but iwth ebay its a bidding service, and there is no scalping limits......

but like i said im not gonna pay 5-10x face value a ticket, like some idiots on ticketmaster are re-selling for in the same sections as those in the ebay

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 06:45 PM
I hear you man. I normally wouldn't but I do really want to attend this game. I will make it happen.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I hear you man. I normally wouldn't but I do really want to attend this game. I will make it happen.
Is it a regular season game or an exhibition?

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2007, 06:52 PM
aren't you a season ticket holder?, if so its included in your season ticket package

Billscusey
09-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Please keep your post game review of the Bills in the appropriate forum.

That's awesome! Well played!

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Is it a regular season game or an exhibition?

regular season home game of the Sabres

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
aren't you a season ticket holder?, if so its included in your season ticket package

He's a Bills season ticket holder

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
regular season home game of the Sabres
Then in that case I do find it odd that Buffalonians didn't get the first shot at the tickets.

Thanks for the response :up:

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 08:58 PM
what really chaps my ass is this --

they made passwords and tickets available to fans of:

sabres
pens
blue jays (wtf???)
maple leafs

but not bills season ticket holders? (sorry, club members are so damn exclusive they're the only ones that matter as i freeze my ass off in the corner end zones every winter)

how the hell can leafs and jays fans have preference over them?

MAKES NO F'N SENSE.

especially given the fact that the stadium wouldn't even be there if it weren't for:

tax payer dollars
idiots supporting a terrible team for decades (i am one of those idiots)

sorry if i'm "wrong"... but shouldn't the people that pay for the venue and support the teams that use it be given first preference over some ****ing assclown slob sandwich eating douche from pittsburgh... even worse - a leafs fan. blue jays? they shouldn't even be a team. but they are more important than the fans of the team that actually uses the stadium.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Bills not Sabres.

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I can understand a few thousand the Pittsburg fans. I think every team gives a certain amount of tickets to the opposing teams fans. However, if they have a large contingent of fans coming up, say over 10,000, it is asking for trouble IMO. Think about it, a bunch of people will still be fried from New Years Eve. There will be significant tailgating (and drinking) before the game, maybe even more to "take the chill out" (even though drinking actually makes your body LOSE body temperature and can lead to serious freezing problems). Then you just have hockey fans. Mark my words, there will probably be some major brawls.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM

sabres
pens
blue jays (wtf???)
maple leafs

but not bills season ticket holders? (sorry, club members are so damn exclusive they're the only ones that matter as i freeze my ass off in the corner end zones every winter)

MAKES NO F'N SENSE.

especially given the fact that the stadium wouldn't even be there if it weren't for:

tax payer dollars

sorry if i'm "wrong"... but shouldn't the people that pay for the venue and support the teams that use it be given first preference over some ****ing assclown slob sandwich eating douche from pittsburgh... even worse - a leafs fan. blue jays? they shouldn't even be a team. but they are more important than the fans of the team that actually uses the stadium.
Yeah but what can we do about it now? Get tickets man!

BlackMetalNinja
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Yup, they're just so reasonably priced and all...

<table id="tixtable" cellspacing="0"><tbody id="tixtablebody"><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">108</td><td class="tixrowcell">32</td><td class="tixqtycell">1</td><td class="tixpricecell">$194.93 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408884)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">201</td><td class="tixrowcell">2</td><td class="tixqtycell">1</td><td class="tixpricecell">$195.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408524)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">315</td><td class="tixrowcell">23</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$215.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103417144)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">316</td><td class="tixrowcell">27</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$224.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450835)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">307</td><td class="tixrowcell">15</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$225.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450604)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">225</td><td class="tixrowcell">7</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$250.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103422800)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">314</td><td class="tixrowcell">30</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 20</td><td class="tixpricecell">$274.99 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416963)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">307</td><td class="tixrowcell">11</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$275.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408774)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">106</td><td class="tixrowcell">36</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$284.93 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416425)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">242</td><td class="tixrowcell">12 AISLE</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$299.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450580)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">314</td><td class="tixrowcell">7</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$349.93 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416468)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">208</td><td class="tixrowcell">15</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$349.99 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103456609)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">115</td><td class="tixrowcell">34</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$350.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416736)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">219</td><td class="tixrowcell">8</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$350.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103426598)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">140</td><td class="tixrowcell">35</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$350.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416403)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">139</td><td class="tixrowcell">30</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$365.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103430223)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">101</td><td class="tixrowcell">22</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$399.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408687)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">103</td><td class="tixrowcell">37</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$400.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408844)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">316</td><td class="tixrowcell">19</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$400.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103423038)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">122</td><td class="tixrowcell">29</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$400.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103430690)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">125</td><td class="tixrowcell">20</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$459.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416230)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">127 </td><td class="tixrowcell">39</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$462.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103433498)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">117 (Please read details) :0)</td><td class="tixrowcell">33</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$474.99 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103444258)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">125</td><td class="tixrowcell">19</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$475.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416373)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">124</td><td class="tixrowcell">37</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$475.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103415896)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">121</td><td class="tixrowcell">12</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$500.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103406075)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">209</td><td class="tixrowcell">12</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$500.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103472315)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">106</td><td class="tixrowcell">29</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$501.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103433497)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">132</td><td class="tixrowcell">39</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$549.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103405996)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">132</td><td class="tixrowcell">41</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$650.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103451245)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">PRESS BOX</td><td class="tixrowcell">PRESS BOX</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$699.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103417078)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">105</td><td class="tixrowcell">29</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$706.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103427326)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">215</td><td class="tixrowcell">11</td><td class="tixqtycell">4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$750.00 each
auction</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103448380)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">CLUB 213</td><td class="tixrowcell">04</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$765.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103421671)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">123</td><td class="tixrowcell">28</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,000.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103472873)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">209</td><td class="tixrowcell">5</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,000.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416237)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">132</td><td class="tixrowcell">41</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,000.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408832)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">133</td><td class="tixrowcell">40</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,050.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450233)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">140</td><td class="tixrowcell">35</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,099.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450992)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">104</td><td class="tixrowcell">28</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,150.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416738)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">104</td><td class="tixrowcell">27</td><td class="tixqtycell">4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,150.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103452157)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">SUITE GL22</td><td class="tixrowcell">6</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,250.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103422373)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">209</td><td class="tixrowcell">5</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,500.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408841)</td></tr></tbody></table>

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
In one thing I agree with Thurm. After all the sky is falling talk dies down, so will the prices of the tickets. I have no doubt that you will be able to get a reasonably priced ticket in a couple months.

JD
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
And you know what's even funnier? They'll be completely happy if the Sabres don't win a championship. They'll just say "oh yeah, well we're building for the future, yeah. You know, the future"

Buncha losers.
how them bills doin slayer? we're doing you a favor by bringing a winning team into that building. you must think hockey is a pussy sport huh? I think the same about your football. If you want a "tough guy" sport, since you act like one on the internet...watch rugby, they dont wear a ****load of equipment and take breaks every ten minutes. Hockey is fast paced end to end action, compared to the nfl where it has to take breaks constantly so players can change their tampons or inject a bit more roids into their bodys. Hockey is the most exciting, legit, affordable sporting event there is. The only problem is that its expensive to set up. To play football you just need a ball. To play ice hockey you need an inclosed building if youre in the south. This is the ONLY reason why hockey is not more popular than football. Kids cant possibly be raised around hockey as much as football due to the rarity of people willing to risk building an indoor rink. Its so popular in canada cause its usually cold there so half the year people are able to play in their backyards just like you would play football in yours. I'm pretty sure were all tired of your pointless remarks when someone starts a thread in the bills forum by accident.

JD
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh and I also think the NHL needs to adopt or start up an Inline league, as I think that could pick up interest in the southern states. I miss watching beach hockey on ESPN

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 10:02 PM
watch rugby, they dont wear a ****load of equipment and take breaks every ten minutes.

I don't have to watch it, I play it twice a week with friends at school. :up: great freaking sport BTW.

I'm pretty sure were all tired of your pointless remarks when someone starts a thread in the bills forum by accident.Don't like the way I post? There's an ignore feature for such an occasion. :up: use it.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
In one thing I agree with Thurm. After all the sky is falling talk dies down, so will the prices of the tickets. I have no doubt that you will be able to get a reasonably priced ticket in a couple months.

For real!

I couldn't help but laugh at all the poor saps on ebay bidding upwards of 700$ on tickets.

JD
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Yup, they're just so reasonably priced and all...

<table id="tixtable" cellspacing="0"><tbody id="tixtablebody"><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">108</td><td class="tixrowcell">32</td><td class="tixqtycell">1</td><td class="tixpricecell">$194.93 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408884)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">201</td><td class="tixrowcell">2</td><td class="tixqtycell">1</td><td class="tixpricecell">$195.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408524)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">315</td><td class="tixrowcell">23</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$215.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103417144)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">316</td><td class="tixrowcell">27</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$224.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450835)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">307</td><td class="tixrowcell">15</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$225.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450604)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">225</td><td class="tixrowcell">7</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$250.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103422800)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">314</td><td class="tixrowcell">30</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 20</td><td class="tixpricecell">$274.99 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416963)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">307</td><td class="tixrowcell">11</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$275.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408774)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">106</td><td class="tixrowcell">36</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$284.93 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416425)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">242</td><td class="tixrowcell">12 AISLE</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$299.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450580)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">314</td><td class="tixrowcell">7</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$349.93 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416468)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">208</td><td class="tixrowcell">15</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$349.99 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103456609)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">115</td><td class="tixrowcell">34</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$350.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416736)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">219</td><td class="tixrowcell">8</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$350.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103426598)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">140</td><td class="tixrowcell">35</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$350.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416403)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">139</td><td class="tixrowcell">30</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$365.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103430223)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">101</td><td class="tixrowcell">22</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$399.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408687)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">103</td><td class="tixrowcell">37</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$400.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408844)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">316</td><td class="tixrowcell">19</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$400.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103423038)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">122</td><td class="tixrowcell">29</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$400.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103430690)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">125</td><td class="tixrowcell">20</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$459.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416230)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">127 </td><td class="tixrowcell">39</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$462.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103433498)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">117 (Please read details) :0)</td><td class="tixrowcell">33</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$474.99 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103444258)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">125</td><td class="tixrowcell">19</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$475.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416373)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">124</td><td class="tixrowcell">37</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$475.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103415896)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">121</td><td class="tixrowcell">12</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$500.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103406075)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">209</td><td class="tixrowcell">12</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$500.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103472315)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">106</td><td class="tixrowcell">29</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$501.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103433497)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">132</td><td class="tixrowcell">39</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 8</td><td class="tixpricecell">$549.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103405996)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">132</td><td class="tixrowcell">41</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$650.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103451245)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">PRESS BOX</td><td class="tixrowcell">PRESS BOX</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$699.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103417078)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">105</td><td class="tixrowcell">29</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$706.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103427326)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">215</td><td class="tixrowcell">11</td><td class="tixqtycell">4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$750.00 each
auction</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103448380)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">CLUB 213</td><td class="tixrowcell">04</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$765.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103421671)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">123</td><td class="tixrowcell">28</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,000.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103472873)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">209</td><td class="tixrowcell">5</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,000.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416237)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">132</td><td class="tixrowcell">41</td><td class="tixqtycell">Up to 4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,000.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408832)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">133</td><td class="tixrowcell">40</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,050.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450233)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">140</td><td class="tixrowcell">35</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,099.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103450992)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">104</td><td class="tixrowcell">28</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,150.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103416738)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">104</td><td class="tixrowcell">27</td><td class="tixqtycell">4</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,150.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103452157)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">SUITE GL22</td><td class="tixrowcell">6</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,250.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103422373)</td></tr><tr class="ticketsTableRow"><td class="tixsectioncell">209</td><td class="tixrowcell">5</td><td class="tixqtycell">2</td><td class="tixpricecell">$1,500.00 each</td><td class="tixtimecell">View Details (http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-tickets/?ticket_id=103408841)</td></tr></tbody></table>

I HAVE TICKETS IN THAT ROW... AHAHA MAYBE I SHOULD SELL????

Michael82
09-19-2007, 12:22 AM
No, I would never think the Sabres would lie ... Chris Drury... they have always told the truth to everyone.
:rofl: Good point!

Michael82
09-19-2007, 12:30 AM

sabres
pens
blue jays (wtf???)
maple leafs

MAKES NO F'N SENSE.

tax payer dollars

Excellent post! :bf1:

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2007, 12:51 AM
:idunno: they chose Jays and Leafs fans to get tickets. Doesn't make any sense.

Michael82
09-19-2007, 08:59 AM
:idunno: they chose Jays and Leafs fans to get tickets. Doesn't make any sense.
No it doesn't. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Oh and I also think the NHL needs to adopt or start up an Inline league, as I think that could pick up interest in the southern states. I miss watching beach hockey on ESPN
That was sweet! better than stupid soccer!

Philagape
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
There was an inline league, and Buffalo had a team.

G Wolly
09-19-2007, 02:40 PM

Some people have jobs and school to go to.

G Wolly
09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
There was an inline league, and Buffalo had a team.

Buffalo Wings for like what, 2 or 3 years?

Philagape
09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Buffalo Wings for like what, 2 or 3 years?

Before that, the Stampede

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-19-2007, 04:53 PM
• Many fans lucky enough to get online, or in the front of a ticket line, at precisely 10 a.m. found no limit placed on the number of tickets they could buy.

That presumably allowed some people to buy dozens of tickets, many of which appeared on eBay or StubHub for up to 10 times their face value later in the day.

• Some tickets were put on hold for Buffalo Bills — yes, Bills — club-seat season-ticket holders .

• Even Toronto Maple Leafs and Blue Jays season-ticket holders had a few hundred seats set aside for them.

Gilbert, emphasizing that this was an NHL game, not a Sabres event, said about 41,000 tickets were sold, after roughly 33,000 were put aside for five different groups:

• Current season-ticket holders, who have until Sept. 28 to claim their same number of seats for the game. Any season-ticket holders not wishing to take their tickets will get a refund.

• Buffalo Bills club-seat season-ticket holders.

• The NHL, which has a hold on some tickets.

• Player holds on tickets.

• And some obstructed seats that were put aside.

Current Sabres season-ticket holders have until Sept. 28 to request additional tickets for the game, but only some of those requests are likely to be filled.

It was another tough day for Sabres officials, who were fielding so many complaints that their phone circuits were overloaded by late morning.

Gilbert, while repeatedly emphasizing that the Jan. 1 game is an NHL event, pointed out that the team’s first priority was in meeting the demands of those who have supported the team the most.

“We did our best to take care of our season-ticket holders and suite holders,” he said. “They’ve been with us for a few years, some of them for 30 years.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/165876.html