• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

GMs out there

Let's just say for discussion sake that at season's end the 2-14 Bills decide its time to part ways with Marv Levy and send him to permanent retirement (more realistic than you think)-- in fact get rid of our whole behind the scenes GM by committee crap .

What GM candidates do you see out there as free agents or with another team on a short lease or contract expiring do you think would help turn this mess of an organization around?

My pick would be Cowher and let him be the HC and GM. My second pick would be MIke Sherman doing the same (which I was all for two years ago)

I dont know many other candidates out there. ANd I know Cowher isn't realistic.

Who would you guys think of?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: GMs out there

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Let's just say for discussion sake that at season's end the 2-14 Bills decide its time to part ways with Marv Levy and send him to permanent retirement (more realistic than you think)-- in fact get rid of our whole behind the scenes GM by committee crap .

What GM candidates do you see out there as free agents or with another team on a short lease or contract expiring do you think would help turn this mess of an organization around?

My pick would be Cowher and let him be the HC and GM. My second pick would be MIke Sherman doing the same (which I was all for two years ago)

i couldnt agree with you more!
    I have stated on here many times that DJ was a mistake as well as Fairchild, we might be the only team in the league who fires someone then hires them on a promotion, Sherman or Cohwer would bring in what we need a real coching staff, and a real scheme, not this crap we r doin now. i thought Sherman was the sure fire pick 2 years ago, and was very disappointed in the DJ signing, Cowher as much as i can stand his chin, would also be exactly what we need, we need someon with proof of being able to win in this league not just hold down the fort
    Pat for this one i hope ur 100% right
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

There's no chance Cowher comes here, ever. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Id basically just tell Cowher he can literally have whatever he freakin wants.

10 mil? No problem Bill.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

I think marv would die before he ever was fired, but I would probally try to get a up and comer in a quality organization. No one pops in the head at the moment but im sick of giving the job to retreads like Donahue.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            Id basically just tell Cowher he can literally have whatever he freakin wants.

10 mil? No problem Bill.
            I've been an advocate of doing that with Jimmy Johnson. Cowher, not so much.

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

I dont see marv being let go this year...maybe another bad season with no improvement he would step down but not this year

also we played 2 good teams and have so many conf games left we cant just give up on this season

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I dont think Cowher will leave his family to coach even further north than he already was in Pittsburgh.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Let's hire the whole NE coaching staff by doubling their pay, then we'll have everyone's signals and gameplans. Muuhhhahahahha.........

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Why would Cowher come here when someone like Daniel Snyder will offer him whatever he wants, and it's closer to his home? New York Giants would be more appealing also, as well as Cleveland, where Cowher played and learned as a coach under Schottenheimer.

Sorry, we're going to the bargain basement bin for the next coach, sadly. Our best hope is Schottenheimer, who actually would probably do well.

Jon

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Cowher in a freaking heartbeat!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

SABURZFAN
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                          SABURZFAN

Nah

"The Answer" he always knows everything

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                            Our best hope is Schottenheimer, who actually would probably do well.

I'd take him in a second......

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Bring Polian back.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X