09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Good job Jerry Jones :up:

That's an owner serious about winning. Too bad Ralph can't follow :(

Michael82
09-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Too bad he won't be able to be used until week 11. :::

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't think the Cowboys are really that worried, Mike.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
According to local radio that may not be the case. He is supposed to meet with Goodell sometime next week. :idunno:

I think he should have to sit out after screwing up twice and I don't think he will be of much use to them this season with all the time he has/may have to sit out.

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
His suspensions started when the season did, and the games count even though he wasn't on a roster. He will be available after week 8. He will be eligible to return after the Dallas Bye, with the first possible game he plays against Philadelphia.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Good job Jerry Jones :up:

That's an owner serious about winning. Too bad Ralph can't follow :(

Character.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
His suspensions started when the season did, and the games count even though he wasn't on a roster. He will be available after week 8. He will be eligible to return after the Dallas Bye, with the first possible game he plays against Philadelphia.
hmmm, that's the opposite of what they first said. Interesting......

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Character.
You don't pay players to be model citizens, you pay them to play football and be good at playing football.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
You don't pay players to be model citizens, you pay them to play football and be good at playing football.

I know.

That's why I wanted the Bills to go after TO or Moss when they were available.

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 07:52 PM
This has been clarified, he is eligible after week 9. It is an 8 game suspension, not a 8 week suspension. Thus, he doesn't get credit for Dallas' Bye week.

That said, he is eligible to petition to have the suspension reduced to 6 games, per this initial ruling by the Commissioner. Everybody assumes he will not have it reduced because of the incident in Arizona, even though he ended up getting off because his blood alcohol was below the legal limit. However, he probably will try to come back after week 6, and Jerry Jones will probably try to influence having the reduction made, given Johnson has kept his nose clean recently.

If his suspension is reduced, he will come back October 21 against the Vikings. If not, he will come back November 11 against the Giants.

HHURRICANE
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Just in time for the playoffs.

Ralph can count the money he saved during the NFC Championship game.

henrybacker
09-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Should have signed him...Or walker...Hell even moulds is still better at league minimum especially than the collection of a-holes at wr 2 and 3 and they make 4yr 10M.

RockStar36
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Character no longer means anything to this team.

They kept Anthony Hargrove which tells me they aren't all about character. They probably should've looked into picking up Tank.

Gunzlingr
09-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Character no longer means anything to this team.

They kept Anthony Hargrove which tells me they aren't all about character. They probably should've looked into picking up Tank.

Maybe they did, but they couldn't come to an agreement.

RockStar36
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Maybe they did, but they couldn't come to an agreement.

I highly doubt it. There would have at least been news that they were considering/talking to Tank.

They are content with what they have. :ill:

The Answer
09-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I know.

That's why I wanted the Bills to go after TO or Moss when they were available.

Especially since Moss was available for a mere 4th round pick.

Disgusting.

~The Answer

jamze132
09-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I can't believe Tank Johnson, Donavan Darious, and Dahni Jones were available and we didn't even blink. How the hell are we going to improve if we don't have anyone to show our guys how to win? Everyone of those players has been to the playoffs and one of them to a Super Bowl. It pains me to think that we could have improved our defense, even just a little and yet we did absolutely nothing. :cheers:

gr8slayer
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I can't believe Tank Johnson, Donavan Darious, and Dahni Jones were available and we didn't even blink. How the hell are we going to improve if we don't have anyone to show our guys how to win? Everyone of those players has been to the playoffs and one of them to a Super Bowl. It pains me to think that we could have improved our defense, even just a little and yet we did absolutely nothing. :cheers:
We didn't go after them because it would require Ralph to spend money. If I'm not mistken Jones has been to the SB twice (NYG and Philly) and Tank once (Chicago)