PDA

View Full Version : McNabb

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Lots of talk of him being traded if the Iggls don't succeed this year.

You're the GM, would you take him?

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Why??? He'll be hurt by mid-season.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:49 PM
all you guys hate JP so much. Edwards won't be much better for another year or two.

DynaPaul
09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Nope, never was really impressed with McNabb. Now he's crying that black quarterbacks are scrutinized and criticized more. Give me a break!

DraftBoy
09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Tough call, would really depend on how much Philly is asking for him

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I am just waiting for the "he has ties to Syracuse" angle.

Jaybird
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
anyone realize prior to his injury he was putting up better numbers then manning last year!!!!!! the guy has never had a good wr (minus to for that year). I would take him in a second. Losman doesnt look like the guy and ya trent might be a stud, but he hasnt played a down in the nfl

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
all you guys hate JP so much. Edwards won't be much better for another year or two.

How much worse can he be than what we have now?

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
How much worse can he be than what we have now?

am i hearing echos from the bledsoe era...

Philagape
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Our OC doesn't know what to do with a mobile QB, do McNabb wouldn't fit here.

The King
09-18-2007, 04:21 PM

Bull. Schaub started one game and look at him now. A good QB is a good QB. Period end of story. There may be struggles but their shouldnt be doubt.

Did you doubt Peyton his rookie year?

AndreReed83
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
My personal opinion of McNabb is that he is possibly the most overrated player in the league. Huge injury risk, he now has trouble getting rid of the ball quickly and reacting swiftly, his accuracy and judgement is going to hell, and he throws the ball much too high.

He's a mid-tier QB who once played at a top-tier level and receives MVP media attention.

Illmatic15
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
My personal opinion of McNabb is that he is possibly the most overrated player in the league. Huge injury risk, he now has trouble getting rid of the ball quickly and reacting swiftly, his accuracy and judgement is going to hell, and he throws the ball much too high.

He's a mid-tier QB who once played at a top-tier level and receives MVP media attention.

Give Mcnabb a good WR and hes right up there with Manning and Brady. Dontr judge him on last nights game, he was playing on one frekin leg. The dude is a warrior...

AndreReed83
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Give Mcnabb a good WR and hes right up there with Manning and Brady. Dontr judge him on last nights game, he was playing on one frekin leg. The dude is a warrior...

He may be a warrior... but in my book, he's still a mid-tier QB at this point in his career. Playing on one leg isn't an excuse. He still has to play with the injury. It's a part of his game.

I don't buy the WR excuse either. Of course Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, and Brandon Lloyd aren't great. But his throws to them were awful. They were like the early 2000 Madden's when you couldn't lead wideouts at all.

Frankly, on almost every play that Jaws and ESPN pointed out that wideouts weren't open, I saw a guy that made me think, "Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would have completed a pass to that guy." McNabb not only can't make those throws consistently anymore, he can't see them either. Not too mention that Brian Westbrook is open on nearly every single play.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Bull. Schaub started one game and look at him now. A good QB is a good QB. Period end of story. There may be struggles but their shouldnt be doubt.

Did you doubt Peyton his rookie year?

Peyton sucked his rookie year. As do most. Schaub has been in the league far longer.

The King
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Peyton sucked his rookie year. As do most. Schaub has been in the league far longer.

With one pro start

SABURZFAN
09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Lots of talk of him being traded if the Iggls don't succeed this year.

You're the GM, would you take him?

not for this team.

PcA125
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
remindes me of the whole culpepper situation.