PDA

View Full Version : WGR55...

brobill1
09-18-2007, 06:39 PM
BOYCOTT WGR55... <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button -->[/URL]<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- End Post Thank You Hack --><!-- Start Post Groan Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_groan_button -->[URL="http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?do=post_groan_add&p=2119525"] (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=2119525)<!-- END TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- End Post Groan Hack -->

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'm just so sick of these guys honestly I mean they hate the Bills and hate football in general. I really wish we had another radio station to listen too. It sucks for all us bills diehards and supporters of the team to always listen to them bash the organization. I've called them numerous times and complained but have got hung up on. Its disgusting they sugarcoat the Sabres and drill the Bills any chance they got. I know we have been horrible for years but my god at least give me people that actually like the damn sport before you critisize them. Schoop has said numerous times how he is not a Bills fan and doesn't really care for the NFL and bulldog has stated how is a huge Hockey fan. Its terrible that during week 1 of the NFL they were talking about the Sabres getting their physicals??? ARE YOU KIDDINE ME!!! It kills Schoop to talk about the Bills and man I wish the roles were reversed and the Sabres stunk and the Bills were good because then what would he say. I really don't think them idiots care if this team moved they hate em so bad!
<!-- / message -->

justasportsfan
09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
It's no different here.

don137
09-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I met Schoop when he lived in Rochester and he is a Leafs fan and not a Sabres fan.

Wys Guy
09-18-2007, 08:21 PM
BOYCOTT WGR55... <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I know we have been horrible for years but my god at least give me people that actually like the damn sport before you critisize them. Schoop has said numerous times how he is not a Bills fan and doesn't really care for the NFL and bulldog has stated how is a huge Hockey fan.

<!-- / message -->
What would they have to say if they were true Bills fans?

Seems to me that like most of us they'd be incredibly critical too if they actually did care.

Sounds to me that the best you and others that are "looking for positives" are going to get is what GR offers, namely a seeming avoidance of the topic.

This just in, but we suck in case you failed to notice this now two weeks into the season.

We haven't even proven the most basic thing in the NFL, that we can mount a drive just two or three times per game. How on earth that, along with a laundry list of other stuff, can possibly be spun into something positive is simply something that won't happen.

Try redirecting your frustration where it belongs; at Wilson and Levy, the tandem that keeps playing you and other Bills fans for fools by taking your money each season on various items from parking to merchandise to tickets, while spoon feeding you a load of crap.

Make them give WGR and everyone else like me something positive to talk about. Do you truly believe that the people critical of this team want them to continue to play poorly? Come on now!

raphael120
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Im sure no on ewants to be hearing about Bills stuff on WGR, there isnt much topics to cover that doesn't frustrate and enfuriate me. No one wants to hear over and over how we're 0-2 and we are going to be blasted in NE. Not much to cover.

Bills stink, going to lose next week, JP stinks too, etc...move on.

brobill1
09-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh you better believe they would find something even if the Bills were doing good. I will make this clear again they do not like football! Schoop has said that time and time again so honestly all I'm saying is they gave poor insight on anything football related mostly the Bills, and they are Sabre affiliated so its their job to talk to positive about the team no matter what. I just hate hearing two guys talk about a team they really don't care about!

raphael120
09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah they do give a lot of wrong statistics but I think there is a reason why, I mean, the Bills havent given us much to be happy about or any good news in quite a long time, meanwhile, the Sabres have. And what would you rather listen to move? Bad Bills news, or good Sabres news?

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
people still listen to mike schoop? that guy sucks monkey... well you know where i'm goin with this.

the morning show talks football. perhaps you should listen to that?

i listen to howard on my drive to work, rome if i'm near a radio, that's about it.

brobill1
09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh and I suppose talking about the Sabres and their physicals after the season just ended 3 months ago is a great topic! Get real buddy come on the station flat out stinks and football season is too short not to talk about it! I'm sure we'll be beating a dead horse talking about line changes for next 9 months. I don't care how much the Bills stink again football is too short!

Bill Brasky
09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
or you could just listen to something else?

gr has sucked for years pal, this is nothing new.

eyedog
09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
What exactly have the Sabres won anyway. All I remeber is them choking the last two years when they supposedly had the best team. Somebody has to tell those clowns that hockey is meaningless until the real season starts in April. And without Drury and Briere they can forget about going anywhere in that once it gets here.
So back to the Bills.

Night Train
09-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Then stop listening.

Saying that they're the only sports channel in town is the reasoning of an 8 year old.

henrybacker
09-19-2007, 06:56 AM
The team has sucked for a decade, they are not sugar-coating it. I respect that.

Rome is a tool that only tools listen to. If I wanted to hear Tool, I would pop in a Tool cd.

eyedog
09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I very rarely do listen to Schoop and Bulldog. I'll turn them in until I hear hockey talk or one of there many stupid side topics, then off they go.
Even their Bills insight is minimal anyways.

Bufftp
09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
I think once the Bills give them somethig to be positive about they will be more positive. It has been a long dry walk in the desert the last 7 years.
I am ever optimist, but I find it hard to find a lot of positives to talk about regarding this team. My guess is it is very difficult to find postives to focus on during a four hour show, all show, for five days in a row, let alone 15 minutes.

eyedog
09-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Sorry but preseason hockey, to the "preseason" season does nothing for me in Sept.

bigbub2352
09-19-2007, 08:51 AM
i think WGR55 sports personalities are awful, Howard Simon, schoop and the bull dog, and especially paul hamilton dont care at all about the sports here, maybe hockey a little, but as for the Bills even when they were competitive the coverage was average, and some of the stuff they talk about is so boring and useless it makes for bad radio, they should actually watch the sports they talked about maybe they sound better

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I agree WGR has an obvious slant towards the Sabres. There's a reason. They are under contract with the Sabres. They have no contract with the Bills that I know of. WGR's ratings are very high, and unfortunately it's mostly because of the Sabres. So they will stick with what works for them (if not for us): almost all Hockey, almost all the time!

Michael82
09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
The worst is Paul Hamilton. That guy is such a ****ing condescending jackass and you can tell that he hates covering the Buffalo Bills. He gets all excited for the Sabres, but talks in a whiny, monotone voice about the Bills and always tries to start crap! i still don't understand why the **** Jeff Morrison is on the payroll, yet they only use him to do the sports ticker! He should be the Buffalo Bills beat reporter. He was so good at it on WNSA. :mad:

I miss WNSA so much and I definitely miss the WNSA version of Howard Simon too. This guy is a jackass on WGR! :ill:

bigbub2352
09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
The worst is Paul Hamilton. That guy is such a ****ing condescending jackass and you can tell that he hates covering the Buffalo Bills. He gets all excited for the Sabres, but talks in a whiny, monotone voice about the Bills and always tries to start crap! i still don't understand why the **** Jeff Morrison is on the payroll, yet they only use him to do the sports ticker! He should be the Buffalo Bills beat reporter. He was so good at it on WNSA. :mad:

I miss WNSA so much and I definitely miss the WNSA version of Howard Simon too. This guy is a jackass on WGR! :ill:

I couldnt agree more with u, especially when a caller calls in and Hamilton acts like why are u talking to me, u fan, u r beneath my expertise, he is such a cocky *******! and is a terribly opinunated sob i ever heard on the radio, i miss FANTV, and jim brinson and howard simon and bob trimble! at least it was devoted to talking about the bills and sabres, not the weather and driving directions like schoop and the assdog

Stoneludlow
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
From 10 pm to 6 am may be the best time to listen to GR-55, when ESPN's national feed kicks in, if there isn't a sabres game out on the west coast--which isn't often.

Their Pregame Show for the Bllls, is lousey and 97 Rock's has the people in the know of Bills football.

GR-55 is good for Sabres games, but wish they had the Bills games like they did about 10-15 yrs ago. That's also when they were a news-talk station as well.

Gone are the days when you could relie on the AM dial for Sports. Quite a few teams are going the route of having a FM flagship station and your lucky if you have a local station in your area that's part of the team's network of affiliates.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
WGR has to be nice to the Sabres as they are the Sabres affiliate. If they start dissing the Sabres they may lose their affiliation. So they are biased when it comes to covering them.

I like that the Bills aren't on GR, it eliminates that bias. The problem with GR is their evening drive time team isn't all that great. They are limited on their actual football knowledge and give erroneous stats, figures, etc at times. Which is definitely a bad thing. I do like that they actually talk about the negatives of the Bills, but the problem is they never talk about any of the positives. If someone with anything positive calls in, Schoop or Bulldog belittle them.

I emailed the station once, I got an email back from Schop "wake me up when they're good." I think that comment about sums up their Bills angle and slant.

Michael82
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I couldnt agree more with u, especially when a caller calls in and Hamilton acts like why are u talking to me, u fan, u r beneath my expertise, he is such a cocky *******! and is a terribly opinunated sob i ever heard on the radio, i miss FANTV, and jim brinson and howard simon and bob trimble! at least it was devoted to talking about the bills and sabres, not the weather and driving directions like schoop and the assdog
Exactly. It kills me how he acts. You hit it on the head, he basically acts like he he above everyone else and is such a condescending *******! :mad:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2007, 05:03 AM
You might want to think about a boycott of the Billszone, all I see around here is hating. Just a thought.