PDA

View Full Version : Less than 400 total tickets sold to fans in Toronto area

Typ0
09-18-2007, 06:56 PM
LOL

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Wow. So what will they do with the remaining tickets since they got a shot at 25% of them?

Typ0
09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow. So what will they do with the remaining tickets since they got a shot at 25% of them?

some guy came on WGR a couple minutes ago from the sabres and said the following:

133 tickets sold to blue jay season ticket holders.
less than 200 tickets sold to leafs season ticket holders.

I don't know where the "they had a shot at 25%" came from. He said those organizations were involved with trying to get the tickets sold because they didn't know how hard it would be to sell out the game. Any way you look at it...very few tickets were sold to those fans that people are *****ing and moaning about.

gr8slayer
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
some guy came on WGR a couple minutes ago from the sabres and said the following:

133 tickets sold to blue jay season ticket holders.
less than 200 tickets sold to leafs season ticket holders.

I don't know where the "they had a shot at 25%" came from. He said those organizations were involved with trying to get the tickets sold because they didn't know how hard it would be to sell out the game. Any way you look at it...very few tickets were sold to those fans that people are *****ing and moaning about.
Sounds to me like selling out the game won't be a problem. Looks like everyone around here is ready and willing to buy the tickets.

Ebenezer
09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
they said they put 42,000 on sale and that there are another 24,000 more for Sabres ticket holders and Bills club seat holders...and that there may be some "kids" obstructed view tickets to be distributed later. I am going to bet that there are so many on the street that day that you can get in for about double the face.

Philagape
09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
That's hundreds of fans who have a right to be pissed off.

JD
09-19-2007, 08:58 AM
7,000 seats in "obstructed view" area... are they setting up bleachers around the field or something?? I would think the first few rows in the lower bowl would be GREAT seats, but theyre going for just 10 bucks?

Michael82
09-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Sounds to me like selling out the game won't be a problem. Looks like everyone around here is ready and willing to buy the tickets.
And that is what is wrong with Gary Bettman and the other idiots running the league! How the **** could you not know that this event would be that popular? How could you actually worry that it wouldn't sell out? :shakeno:

Michael82
09-19-2007, 09:12 AM
EXACTLY! :bf1:

gr8slayer
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
And that is what is wrong with Gary Bettman and the other idiots running the league! How the **** could you not know that this event would be that popular? How could you actually worry that it wouldn't sell out? :shakeno:
Maybe they think that if we can't sell the stadium out for Bills games (last sesaon) we won't be able to sell it out for the Sabres game :idunno:

JD
09-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Thats the Bills though.

During the Sabres playoff run, Quinn said we could have sold out "Eight HSBC arenas" or somethin like that.

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Way to reach man. I thought it was 25000 tickets.... WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA.

Michael82
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Thats the Bills though.

During the Sabres playoff run, Quinn said we could have sold out "Eight HSBC arenas" or somethin like that.
Plus don't forget how many thousands of fans came to watch the games outside during the Party in the Plaza. :up:

JD
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Plus don't forget how many thousands of fans came to watch the games outside during the Party in the Plaza. :up:
I believe there were 15,000 standing in the streets of Buffalo for the final game of the Sabres playoffs..no?

Michael82
09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I believe there were 15,000 standing in the streets of Buffalo for the final game of the Sabres playoffs..no?
yup. :up:

Philagape
09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Way to reach man. I thought it was 25000 tickets.... WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA.

If it was 25,000, then 25,000 fans would have the right to be pissed off.

If you'd like, I could make a sign for your forehead that says Please Take More of My Money. You could wear it to the game.

Typ0
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Thats the Bills though.

how does that equate to a regular season game outside, in january?

JD
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
how does that equate to a regular season game outside, in january?
AN OUTSIDE GAME THAT IS MAKING HISTORY AS THE FIRST EVER IN AMERICA?

I'm sure we could have sould out two RWS with WNY area people alone. If we could sellout that many in minutes, I wonder how many we could sellout in a few months.

gr8slayer
09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm sure we could have sould out two RWS with WNY area people alone. If we could sellout that many in minutes, I wonder how many we could sellout in a few months.
I thought hockey used to be played outside all the time??

Typ0
09-19-2007, 08:22 PM

that's easy to say after the fact. that's what you are being...and after the fact wish it had gone my way whiner. I thought I was going to be able to get tickets later in the day and wasn't able to. Had no idea they would sell like that.

JD
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I got tix I'm all good