PDA

View Full Version : Most embarrassed I have ever been

elltrain22
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
First off, I am not some synic who blows up over every little thing. There are some on this board, as we all know, who are very negative all the time, and I can honestly say that I am pretty positive, even when there hasn't been much to be positive about. Going into this season, my expectations were at best an 8-win team that shows promise offensively, and gets better defensively. So far, I am seeing a horrible football team, that has no clue on either side of the ball. First off, we have a QB, who I hate to say it, just doesn't have it. He just can't make the big play. His throws have been wildly off target (possibly b/c of our poor WR's, or b/c of our very conservative passing plays). He has shown happy feet, skips balls on simple passing plays, and still can't seem to pick up blitz packages, not to mention the fact that he tends to lock on his receivers way too long. I hate to say this, b/c JPL is a good guy, w/ a good work ethic, and has been very good for the Buffalo community, but he just doesn't have it, and I am starting to think his days are numbered as our starter. Second, our WR's are pathetic; besides Evans & Parrish. Reed, Price, Aiken, and whoever else aren't fast enough, aren't technically sound, can't make the BIG plays, can't block, aren't physical enough, and teams know this, and exploit it every week. Pass blocking is not very good either, and this really puzzles me b/c most all of our pass calls have been short 7-step drop throws. Maybe McNally is a friggen putz, and can't get these guys to protect on blitz's, or maybe secondaries know how easy it will be to cover our WR's, but whatever it is, good front 7's tee off on us every single time. Third, we are absolutely pathetic at getting to the qb, especially our DT's. This creates so many problems for us defensively. Our DE's over persue on most plays which creates huge running lanes (especially on draw plays). Our lack of pressure also leads to QB's having all day to find the open guy. Seriously, look at our oposition every week and their completion pct, and that'll tell ya all ya need to know.

There are some good things, running game is alot better. Lynch is the real deal and more. He finds the hole quickly, and never gets muscled off the ball. I love his power, and his playmaking ability, and our OL has blocked pretty well for him. Also, and this goes w/o saying, our special teams, week in-week out, is our best offense. McGee always is a threat to run it back, and our offense should be ashamed they never capilitize on him giving us beatiful field position almost every time.

I'm sorry for those who only like to read positive stuff, but right now, it's hard to optimistic. I know there's lots of football to play, and I know we have played 2 good teams week 1 & 2, but I just don't see this team being anything but a headache this year.

MTBillsFan
09-18-2007, 09:13 PM
There are some good things, running game is alot better. Lynch is the real deal and more. He finds the hole quickly, and never gets muscled off the ball. I love his power, and his playmaking ability, and our OL has blocked pretty well for him. Also, and this goes w/o saying, our special teams, week in-week out, is our best offense. McGee always is a threat to run it back, and our offense should be ashamed they never capilitize on him giving us beatiful field position almost every time.

Agreed, Lynch is a STUD and he's gonna be one of our BEST RB's ever!:bow: