PDA

View Full Version : A New Strategy

jdbillsfan
09-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I say that we should just start preparing for the Jets game. We will have two weeks to prepare and hopefully get a win.

Besides that....

Offense - I know this has been said before, but we really need to spread the field. Just like App state and Oregon did to Michigan. When you have less talent, you can't play a two WR set with Lee and Peerless and expect to get anywhere.

Their secondary is definitely weaker than their front 7, so we have to try and exploit that.

I also think we need to have the WR's run shorter routes. Dink and Dunk. I remember in the steelers game on a 4th and 2, Parrish took off. If he went 3 yards and turned around, that is automatic. The D has to respect his speed. Same with Lee. But that doesn't mean you always have to run deep routes.

Defense - I don't see a lot of options here with our scrubs. I think they have been playing pretty good considering what there is to work with. I think maybe they can mix it up a little more, throw in some CB blitzes and disguise our weaknesses. The offense really needs to start helping the young D out more by controlling the clock.

I would also drop Whitner back into coverage a little to help out the LB's. Maybe move the LB's closer to the line of srimmage. We really need Hargrove back. We have to pressure Brady.

Maybe with a young team you have to keep it simple and basic. We still seem to be in a vanilla D and obviously our opposing teams aren't confused. We also don't have the personnel to play them with this type of scheme. No frills, just us against you type attitude. With this team, I feel like the coaching staff has to start really mixing it up.

justasportsfan
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I say that we should just start preparing for the Jets game. We will have two weeks to prepare and hopefully get a win.

this is stuuuuupid!

jdbillsfan
09-19-2007, 10:11 AM
this is stuuuuupid!

I was kidding about that part.