PDA

View Full Version : This is what's driving me crazy about Fairchild!

blackonyx89
09-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Is this the same guy who help build "The Greatest Show on Turf" St Louis!?!
It looks like he lost that creative edge for sure. Arrrrgh!

:help!:

Wraith
09-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Fairchild was our running backs coach when Martz created the Greatest Show on Turf...Fairchild was never the full time playcaller for the Rams, only filling in while Martz was ill, during which the Rams ran more than they passed.

justasportsfan
09-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Bring back Gilbride :puke:

He's gotten Eli ranked 8th so far. :ill:

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Fairchild was our running backs coach when Martz created the Greatest Show on Turf...Fairchild was never the full time playcaller for the Rams, only filling in while Martz was ill, during which the Rams ran more than they passed.

several people pointed that out when we hired him- of coruse, other people here spun it and said it was a good thing because it meant that we wouldn't be as pass-happy as St. Louis was.

justasportsfan
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
several people pointed that out when we hired him- of coruse, other people here spun it and said it was a good thing because it meant that we wouldn't be as pass-happy as St. Louis was.

Is it just Fairchild or both Marv and Dick memtallity to run and stop the run as well?

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Is it just Fairchild or both Marv and Dick memtallity to run and stop the run as well?

I don't think any of them have that mentality and that's our whole problem, or, at least where the problems start.

justasportsfan
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't think any of them have that mentality and that's our whole problem, or, at least where the problems start.
I think Dick wants a smashmouth O. Pound the ball but so far it isn't working.

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I think Dick wants a smashmouth O. Pound the ball but so far it isn't working.

if that's the case, put Wright on the damn field already!

Wraith
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM

The point I was trying to make was that the only connection Fairchild has to the greatest show on turf is helping to take it apart.

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
The point I was trying to make was that the only connection Fairchild has to the greatest show on turf is helping to take it apart.

oh, we're making the same point.

When Fairchild first came here, a bunch of people were all excited because of his supposed connection with the "Greatest show on Turf."

When others pointed out that it was Martz and not Fairchild, the same people continued to be excited about Fairchild and defended it by saying he'll run more than the Rams did, which is good.

justasportsfan
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
if that's the case, put Wright on the damn field already!
I was all for that from day one. Hell since Jackson can catch, I'm all for him getting in there as well. Time to try something else.

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I was all for that from day one. Hell since Jackson can catch, I'm all for him getting in there as well. Time to try something else.

I don't know how Wright does blocking like a fullback, but it would be great to see Lynch and Wright in the backfield at the same time. That would certainly keep the D guessing.

evol4276
09-19-2007, 01:51 PM
im thinking now it was more martz, cuz fairchild hasnt held up to the hype i was giving him. thats what it has to be. plus i kno martz is a playmaking guru and watched a segment on him i think on opening kickoff so im thinking fairchild wasnt the main reason for the greatest show on turf

raphael120
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't know how Wright does blocking like a fullback, but it would be great to see Lynch and Wright in the backfield at the same time. That would certainly keep the D guessing.

I thought thats what the offense was supposed to be doing. Maximizing our offense and putting all our weapons out there to use. Thus far, we havent done crap. While we could be using Wright and Jackon in the game, we're putting in Royal "Can't catch a cold", Murphy "My Ass Got Cut", and whatever else chunk of useless meat we have at TE. I just dont get it.

evol4276
09-19-2007, 01:56 PM
is it the same for anyone else where it seems like the offense moral goes down when a-train comes on the field? we never move the ball when he's in there and it kida dampens my mood when i see him in. maybe it's because im too excited too early for lynch?? bah.. who knows

raphael120
09-19-2007, 02:05 PM
is it the same for anyone else where it seems like the offense moral goes down when a-train comes on the field? we never move the ball when he's in there and it kida dampens my mood when i see him in. maybe it's because im too excited too early for lynch?? bah.. who knows

Maybe it's because Atrain hasn't given us a positive gain thus far this season, and when he comes in for passing downs, the defense automatically knows its a passing play because the coaches dont trust Lynch to pass block, yet theyre giving JP 1 less target to throw to on those critical passing downs.

Listen, you spend 40 some million dollars on the offensive line. If you dont TRUST that Oline enough that you NEED a RB back there to block and not Lynch to go run out and catch a ball, then someone screwed the pooch on that decision.

bigbub2352
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
U watch other NFL teams and they have a primary RB, but on 4th and 1 and goaline they use a bruiser, well what the hell did we draft Wright for to sit on the bunch for 2 games, Fairchild sucks i have been sayin it for 2 years now, he SUCKS, and cant put together a offensive scheme

njsue
09-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Bring back Gilbride :puke:

He's gotten Eli ranked 8th so far. :ill:

The giants are also 0 -2.

raphael120
09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
U watch other NFL teams and they have a primary RB, but on 4th and 1 and goaline they use a bruiser, well what the hell did we draft Wright for to sit on the bunch for 2 games, Fairchild sucks i have been sayin it for 2 years now, he SUCKS, and cant put together a offensive scheme

How many teams in the NFL have rushed more then 2 RBs thus far in the season? I'd say more than half, I'd say a majority have tried and played 2 or more of their RBs, yet we have 4 RBs, and RB is supposivly our strength, and we have only seen Lynch and A-train. We know what Lynch can do in real games, we know what Atrain can do also, why arent we seeing what Wright can do? I thought he's a change of pace back? But then again, the only pace we've been running at is "turtle". Our OC has a disdane for thinking outside the box and suprising the defense and well...using our weapons and taking ourselves seriously as an offense.

raphael120
09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
BTW, Peterson's knock on him was that he wasnt much of a recieving threat yet AP has 5 receptions for 100 some yards and a TD so far to Lynchs' 3 receptions for about 30 yards.

Hmmmm....