PDA

View Full Version : "Wait until after the Jets game to evaluate JP's starting status"

bocephuz
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
The consensus in the press and other forums regarding the timing of when Dick/Marv/Steve should start considering benching JP seems to be after the Jets game. The logic is that he gets a pass for having to face 3 of the best D's in the league and that the Jets will be a more accurate gauge of his abilities.

I disagree. I propose that the gauge should be how the O Line is playing (regardless of what defense the Bills are facing). If the O Line comes out and gives JP time ( like they did for most of last week against a very talented, physical Steelers D that employs exotic zone blitzes) then there should be no reason for him not to be able to execute the offense. I have a feeling the line is going to hold up ok against the Pats in pass protection. If that happens, it's time to poop or get off the pot.. and if he has plenty of time to poop then we know the pot is not the problem.

Night Train
09-19-2007, 02:15 PM
This week would be difficult to gage anyone.

The Jets game will clear the picture some. It's put up or shut up time for J.P., with a contract on the line.

bocephuz
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree this week will be difficult.. but what if the O line does a good job and he's still only throwing screens and bombs and not really running the offense?

justasportsfan
09-19-2007, 02:24 PM
he's being gauged from day 1.

RedEyE
09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
C'mon guys. Losman has been in the league long enough. In order for this team to have a decent season, in order for JP to have a good career as a pro QB, he needs to perform well against the best. I don't care where each team is ranked, you play to your ability. Obvioulsy he isn't doing that.

Excuses have to stop here.

colin
09-19-2007, 02:52 PM
i'm down as hell on jp, i really think he stinks.

that said, if he comes out and plays well, not wins and not being a hero, but well against NE then he is gonna get another chance to keep his job. if he keeps it he is getting paid.

The Answer
09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
The consensus in the press and other forums regarding the timing of when Dick/Marv/Steve should start considering benching JP seems to be after the Jets game. The logic is that he gets a pass for having to face 3 of the best D's in the league and that the Jets will be a more accurate gauge of his abilities.

I disagree. I propose that the gauge should be how the O Line is playing (regardless of what defense the Bills are facing). If the O Line comes out and gives JP time ( like they did for most of last week against a very talented, physical Steelers D that employs exotic zone blitzes) then there should be no reason for him not to be able to execute the offense. I have a feeling the line is going to hold up ok against the Pats in pass protection. If that happens, it's time to poop or get off the pot.. and if he has plenty of time to poop then we know the pot is not the problem.

There's no more grace period for Losman - he needed to come out strong from day one this season and that did not happen.

He is playing the worst football of his career and obviously has no interest in being a starting QB in this league much longer.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
This is most likely his last game. I don't think the FO can afford to bet that JP bounces back after 3 awful games.

If he has any chance to save his career it starts this weekend.

By the way, I think Edwards has just as much ability to win against the Jets as JP does.

When MM started Holcomb he had wins against teams that JP had just as much chance of winning.

DynaPaul
09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
JP's grace period was all of last year. This is the year where he shows he's the man or gets benched. Right now he's headed for the latter after two really bad games. Sorry but everything can't be perfect on offense on every play. It's the good quarterbacks that make something happen despite things like the line not giving enough time, receivers off on their routes, etc.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
We'll judge JP by how he does against the crappy Jets. woohoo

Then the follow game against the Ravens JP will get a pass. Their defense is tough.