PDA

View Full Version : Our Team is Horrid and What Does Dick Have to Say?

raphael120
09-19-2007, 03:36 PM
He opens the press conference talking about what kind of turf theyre playing on and how happy he is with the turf.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? **** the turf! It's the LAST thing YOUR team needs to worry about, Dick!!!!

This coach is just lifeless, uninspiring, and should be giving lectures about plants or something in college. I just do NOT see how this guy is a motivator on gameday.

The Answer
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
He opens the press conference talking about what kind of turf theyre playing on and how happy he is with the turf.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? **** the turf! It's the LAST thing YOUR team needs to worry about, Dick!!!!

This coach is just lifeless, uninspiring, and should be giving lectures about plants or something in college. I just do NOT see how this guy is a motivator on gameday.

We should have never let Wade Phillips go - sure he didn't wear a headset, but he knew how to win games.

~The Answer

raphael120
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
BTW, he says and I quote about the Pats "They've played really well, we're going to have to play a lot better to be able to stay in the game."

Wait...so you acknowledge that we're so bad that we're just hoping we "stay in the game"? How about talking about playing so we can win.

It's just little crap like that that make me think this guy isn't about going out there with his jock on giving the Pats some hell. He's more ready to play checkers over tea and crumpets than play a football game.

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Club Jauron: Not just for training camp anymore!

The Answer
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM
BTW, he says and I quote about the Pats "They've played really well, we're going to have to play a lot better to be able to stay in the game."

Wait...so you acknowledge that we're so bad that we're just hoping we "stay in the game"? How about talking about playing so we can win.

It's just little crap like that that make me think this guy isn't about going out there with his jock on giving the Pats some hell. He's more ready to play checkers over tea and crumpets than play a football game.

If we are still in this game after the first 8:00 minutes than Jauron deserves coach of the year consideration.

~The Answer

raphael120
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
"Our players work hard...blah blah blah..."

So its either they just plain suck and just can't cut it in the NFL no longer how hard they work, or you have the talent, it's just the talent is being mismanaged...which is a little bit of a "you" problem, Dick.

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
He's lulling the Pats into a false sense of security.

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 03:50 PM

So its either they just plain suck and just can't cut it in the NFL no longer how hard they work, or you have the talent, it's just the talent is being mismanaged...which is a little bit of a "you" problem, Dick.

I think it's a little of both. We have less talent than most of the teams we play, but at the same time, we'd have more wins if Jauron knew how to get the most out of his talent.

Generally speaking, I think Jauron is an average to good prep coach but a terrible game day coach.

shelby
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
What do you guys honestly expect him to say?

He was wearing a hoodie:ill:

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM

for starters, talk about winning and not just staying in the game.

Talk about the team and not how great it is to play on turf- damn, what a way to dodge the issues.

Talk about the Patriots and how they cheat but we have to beat them anyway.

raphael120
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Maybe show a little emotion? A little fire? A little bit of reaction to the fact that we're one of the worst, if not THE worst team in the league thus far. And he goes about things as if everythings fine. He's so laid back I just don't see how he can motivate anyone. I guess i just want a coach who shows something when his team is so bad. It's like he's a kindergarten teacher or something "Well they try hard and, gosh golly, that's good enough." "Well at least you gave your best shot, little Timmy Anderson. We'll get them next week!"

Gimme a break. This is the NFL. Grow some balls and get the job done or get the hell out of here. There's teams with lesser talent than the Bills getting the job done.

raphael120
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
for starters, talk about winning and not just staying in the game.

Talk about the team and not how great it is to play on turf- damn, what a way to dodge the issues.

Talk about the Patriots and how they cheat but we have to beat them anyway.

He sounds as excited to play the Pats as Bills fans are. You can hear in his voice that the Bills have no chance. How you can listen to him speak and truely believe we're going to do anything in Foxborough next week is beyond me. This guys sounds as if the season is already over, AND HE'S THE COACH!!!

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 04:01 PM
He sounds as excited to play the Pats as Bills fans are. You can hear in his voice that the Bills have no chance. How you can listen to him speak and truely believe we're going to do anything in Foxborough next week is beyond me. This guys sounds as if the season is already over, AND HE'S THE COACH!!!

the season is over- but he's the coach. He gets paid big bucks not to think that way.

raphael120
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
BTW...

Ashton Youboty is just on the field before Greer because he was drafted high and if he stinks it up and Greer does better, Marv looks like the idiot for drafting him that high.

And Greer was the only CB making plays against the Steelers. BTW, both of those AWESOME pass break ups were sure fire TD's if Greer wasn't there to deflect the ball.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
He should say this team sucks and our players suck.

That would work!

Elminster
09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
He should say this team sucks and our players suck.

That would work!
No, actually, he should sound a bit more optimistic than us. I can't imagine the players are exactly confident after getting drubbed by the Steelers like that. Can you imagine Dick firing them up and getting them out of the dumps? I fully expect we'll curl into a fetal position from the opening kick-off on, with the exception of the special teams. We'll be all blandy, ultra-conservative. Never mind that we won't beat the Pats like that, because they create opportunities rather than wait for them to pop up(like us). And I don't like that at all...

Night Train
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Mularkey called and advised cheeseburgers.

shelby
09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Jauron is not an emotional, hot headed coach.
Never has been.

He's not going to claim that we're going to beat the Patriots this weekend. If he did, we'd all think he's on crack.
i don't expect him to sound optimistic or fired up. Think of what this team has endured over the past two weeks, in terms of injuries. Couple that with JP calling out the staff, and then backtracking. And two ugly losses.
Jauron is under a :curse:load of pressure right now. He's feeling beat down and stressed out. Don't tell me he doesn't realize half of WNY is calling for his head on a silver platter.
Honestly, what did y'all expect him to say?

raphael120
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Jauron is not an emotional, hot headed coach.
Never has been.

He's not going to claim that we're going to beat the Patriots this weekend. If he did, we'd all think he's on crack.
i don't expect him to sound optimistic or fired up. Think of what this team has endured over the past two weeks, in terms of injuries. Couple that with JP calling out the staff, and then backtracking. And two ugly losses.
Jauron is under a :curse:load of pressure right now. He's feeling beat down and stressed out. Don't tell me he doesn't realize half of WNY is calling for his head on a silver platter.
Honestly, what did y'all expect him to say?

Well if he can't handle the pressure, don't be a head coach. And not being emotional or hot headed is great when you have great skills like Dungy, but when youre very laid back and dont lay down the law and not voice displeasure and have no answers to the situation at hand, no solutions for adversity, the guys are just going to be mopey and just breeze right through the season.

There is a reason why Jauron is a losing coach, and this is why. His laid back coaching style is not working for this team. His blind loyalty to his coordinators is what got him fired in Detriot, and I'm sure its going to get him fired here too. He was let go in Detriot because his OC at the time was horrid (kinda sound familiar?) and they owner wanted Dick to fire him, in which Dick said no, and promptly got the boot with the OC.

streetkings01
09-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Well if he can't handle the pressure, don't be a head coach. And not being emotional or hot headed is great when you have great skills like Dungy, but when youre very laid back and dont lay down the law and not voice displeasure and have no answers to the situation at hand, no solutions for adversity, the guys are just going to be mopey and just breeze right through the season.

There is a reason why Jauron is a losing coach, and this is why. His laid back coaching style is not working for this team. His blind loyalty to his coordinators is what got him fired in Detriot, and I'm sure its going to get him fired here too. He was let go in Detriot because his OC at the time was horrid (kinda sound familiar?) and they owner wanted Dick to fire him, in which Dick said no, and promptly got the boot with the OC.I think you mean Chicago! That was more of the reason why Wade Phillips got fired here not why Jauron was fired! Jauron was fired because Jerry Angelo wanted his own guy in their when he took over as GM and pretty sabatoged Jaurons season so he could convince the owner to get rid of him.

Philagape
09-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Looking for something like this?

“You have to go in with an attitude,” Losman said. “I tried telling the team that today after practice. We brought it up. I told them, ‘You know what guys? We have to go out there with an attitude. We have to go out there expecting to win. We have to go out there ready to put the hit on somebody, ready to make the completion on them, not sit back and let them do their thing and hope that they don’t have a good game.’ . . . No. We need to attack on both sides of the ball. We need to fly around and expect to win. Nobody is going to give us a shot. We understand that. Probably not just off of the last two weeks, but just the way it is. They’re always going to be the favorite. We know no one’s giving us a shot except us.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/166795.html

jamze132
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Looking for something like this?

“You have to go in with an attitude,” Losman said. “I tried telling the team that today after practice. We brought it up. I told them, ‘You know what guys? We have to go out there with an attitude. We have to go out there expecting to win. We have to go out there ready to put the hit on somebody, ready to make the completion on them, not sit back and let them do their thing and hope that they don’t have a good game.’ . . . No. We need to attack on both sides of the ball. We need to fly around and expect to win. Nobody is going to give us a shot. We understand that. Probably not just off of the last two weeks, but just the way it is. They’re always going to be the favorite. We know no one’s giving us a shot except us.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/166795.html
That's the stuff I like to here and would LOVE to here it from the head coach. Nice job, tryin to assume a leadership role JP! :cheers:

mybills
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM

:rofl: I see that went right over a lot of heads! :chuckle:

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2007, 09:08 AM
I listened to the whole thing and I thought he was ok.

I don't understand what all the *****ing is about.

You want fire, I'm sure we could find a Hank Bullough type to bring back.

raphael120
09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
I listened to the whole thing and I thought he was ok.

I don't understand what all the *****ing is about.

You want fire, I'm sure we could find a Hank Bullough type to bring back.

Well if you thought thats ok then you must think that our 0-2 start is ok too.

raphael120
09-20-2007, 09:48 AM
That's the stuff I like to here and would LOVE to here it from the head coach. Nice job, tryin to assume a leadership role JP! :cheers:

Yeah, we all know JP can talk.

Problem is his backing it up.

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Well if you thought thats ok then you must think that our 0-2 start is ok too.
WTF is he going to say? We got our asses kicked last week and we play the almighty Pats this week. Want him to take his shirt off and challenge Belichick to fight like men?

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I see nothing wrong with what Dick said.

I do think JP talks too much though. Just STFU like the top qb's do and let their game speak for themselves on Sunday. PLay with an attitude? Show me ,don't tell me.

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 10:03 AM
WTF is he going to say? We got our asses kicked last week and we play the almighty Pats this week. Want him to take his shirt off and challenge Belichick to fight like men?
there's so many things wrong with this team. I think what the coaches say is the last thing to ***** about.

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I see nothing wrong with what Dick said.

I do think JP too much though. Just STFU like the top qb's do and let their game speak for themselves on Sunday. PLay with an attitude? Show me ,don't tell me.
I concur. JP STFU. :stfu:

zone
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Want him to take his shirt off and challenge Belichick to fight like men?

That would be sweet! Would Belichick take of his wife beating (or cheating) sweat shirt?

mybills
09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Everybody stfu. :D

Elminster
09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Good for JP. If he stays quiet, he's not a leader. If he says something, he talks too much. Some one needs to fire the guys up....

raphael120
09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Good for JP. If he stays quiet, he's not a leader. If he says something, he talks too much. Some one needs to fire the guys up....

The only fire i see from JP is when he ****s up and he starts *****in and whinin.

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 10:37 AM
he just needs to shut his trap when addressing media. Tell tehm he had a talk with the team. No need to go into details as to what was said. He ends up loking like a talker and not a doer.

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
The only fire i see from JP is when he ****s up and he starts *****in and whinin.
just like this thread. Lotsa fire ;)

Oaf
09-20-2007, 11:45 AM
BTW...

Ashton Youboty is just on the field before Greer because he was drafted high and if he stinks it up and Greer does better, Marv looks like the idiot for drafting him that high.

And Greer was the only CB making plays against the Steelers. BTW, both of those AWESOME pass break ups were sure fire TD's if Greer wasn't there to deflect the ball. Agreed. Greer has been constantly given the short end of the stick, and even then, he makes plays when called upon. He should flippin' START!

Has anyone even HEARD Kiwaukee's name this season?

KT: :loner:

Youboty: :baby:

Greer: :cool:

Wys Guy
09-20-2007, 11:48 AM

We just need to be patient and give him some time raphael.

It often takes 6 or 7 seasons to finally get the stars lined up just right so as to produce a winning season. Be patient and BILL-ieve like so many here and elsewhere that aren't negative.

You've got this all wrong. I mean it's not as if he's been winless. We just need to wait for that 6th or 7th season to post a winning one. Then wash, rinse, repeat.

Levy too. Let's give him a decade or so before we rush to judgement.

churchinski
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM

So its either they just plain suck and just can't cut it in the NFL no longer how hard they work, or you have the talent, it's just the talent is being mismanaged...which is a little bit of a "you" problem, Dick.He doesn't have much to work with