PDA

View Full Version : The Losman/Edwards Thread

The Answer
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
The Answer wanted to start this before opening day but figured it wouldn't be taken seriously, moved/deleted by the mods, or just written off as blatant trolling. But sadly The Answer has known for quite some time that Losman is a very bad QB and refused to be seduced by his mediorce 2006 season.

No more excuses! Losman is a horrible QB and right now we are the worst team in the league. He has terrible mechanics, can't read an nfl defense and is not a leader. There simply is no point letting Losman start anymore. We need to get The Young Gun ready so there's hope we can be competitive in 2008, because the way it's looking right now we are going to be hard pressed to even win a game in 2007.

~The Answer

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
:negrep:

Scumbag College
09-16-2007, 04:42 PM
This will be pretty polarizing.

G. Host
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
You missed "**The Official Go Away Troll Thread**".

Why don't you go reply to that?

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM

:bf1:

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
This troll is asking us to cross the right bridge.:const:

YardRat
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
This shouldn't even be considered until the bye week.

The Answer
09-16-2007, 04:47 PM
:negrep:

Neg away - is it because you have nothing relevant to add?

This season is over - deal with it.

~The Answer

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
This shouldn't even be considered until the bye week.
Exactly and even then is too early. Because you are basically deciding that you are done with the JP Losman era and are now going to take your lumps with a new QB and have to last thru all the ****ing growing pains with it. :ill:

BillsFan19
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Neg away - is it because you have nothing relevant to add?

This season is over - deal with it.

~The Answer

If I had any :posrep: i would give it. The season is over.

Bone
09-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Go Marshawn! **** the Bills

Mr. Pink
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Serious Questions....

After watching Frye play last week, he looked as bad as Losman has in most of Losman's starts over his career. Was it a mistake for Cleveland to trade him 2 days after that performance and go with Derek Anderson? I'm not saying trade Losman away but Frye had some decent looking performances too and obviously it wasn't good enough. Why are a couple decent starts by Losman good enough to validate playing him anymore in a Buffalo Bills uniform?

The Answer
09-16-2007, 04:54 PM

This board amazes me - not only are you not allowed to post news articles from other websites, but now being a realist and trashing the biggest piece of garbage QB in the league gets you labeled as a troll.

LOL unbelievable - we aren't in happy land any more toto. This pathetic team hasn't won a division title or playoff game in 12 years.

Our owner is a joke.

Our GM is a joke.

Our coach is a joke.

Our offense is a joke.

Our defense is a joke.

And most importantly this teams fanbase is a joke for the most part - at least speaking for the delusional 'rah rah we can't bash our team even though we are downright terrible' types

Why don't you respond to this and try to dispute with facts? Not much to argue with is there?

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Exactly and even then is too early. Because you are basically deciding that you are done with the JP Losman era and are now going to take your lumps with a new QB and have to last thru all the ****ing growing pains with it. :ill:

Sorry Mikey, but I'm actually starting to think we might have a better chance to win with Edwards.

Seriously, how much worse could it be?

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Sorry Mikey, but I'm actually starting to think we might have a better chance to win with Edwards.

Seriously, how much worse could it be?

No less than 100 yards.

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Serious Questions....

After watching Frye play last week, he looked as bad as Losman has in most of Losman's starts over his career. Was it a mistake for Cleveland to trade him 2 days after that performance and go with Derek Anderson? I'm not saying trade Losman away but Frye had some decent looking performances too and obviously it wasn't good enough. Why are a couple decent starts by Losman good enough to validate playing him anymore in a Buffalo Bills uniform?
They traded Frye because of one reason and only one reason......

Brady Quinn! They figured that the only way he will see time on the field is to move one of the 3 QBs. Frye looked like ****, so they traded him. But again, they didnt really have much invested in him anyways. And even if he looked decent, they still traded up to get their QB of the future in the 1st round! Brady Quinn is the future.

Meathead
no

Luisito23
Should've been benched at halftime!!!!!.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Give Edwards some time to develop.

YardRat
09-16-2007, 05:02 PM

If Losman continues to play like this for the next three games, the JP Losman IS over. Time to move on.

The Answer
09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
The Answer can't wait to see the reaction on this board when the JP LOSERman era comes to a screetching halt by mid october.

The Answer wonders if all of you loyal supporters will be there on the bench crying next to him?

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
They traded Frye because of one reason and only one reason......

Brady Quinn! They figured that the only way he will see time on the field is to move one of the 3 QBs. Frye looked like ****, so they traded him. But again, they didnt really have much invested in him anyways. And even if he looked decent, they still traded up to get their QB of the future in the 1st round! Brady Quinn is the future.

Then who's to say that Trent Edwards isn't the QB of the future in the eyes of our coaching staff and front office?

Wouldn't that be the same thing then?

And no, I'm not advocating starting Edwards next week against the Pats at all. At this point, I'd rather see Losman get killed by the Pats defense and not shatter the confidence of the guy on the bench that may be the QB of the future.

Bufftp
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
And most importantly this teams fanbase is a joke for the most part - at least speaking for the delusional 'rah rah we can't bash our team even though we are downright terrible' types

~The Answer
this post is an ass.
I would not go to battle with you, you flinch at the first sign of adversity.

The Answer
09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
this post is an ass.
I would not go to battle with you, you flinch athe first sign of adversity.

Flinch? Because this team is horrible and going nowhere? Most of the REALISTS like The Answer knew this anyway so it's no real dissappointment.

Do you honestly think this team has a chance to turn it around and be competitive? Even if Edwards comes in and plays like a veteran? This defense is the real problem - all we kept hearing is " Losing Spikes, Fletcher and Clements won't hurt us"; "Jauron is a great defensive coach and will get the most out of his players"; "As long as we bend but don't break we'll be ok" - well guess what, today we didn't just bend, but we broke - 2 games into the season and now every coach in the league will no how to decimate this pathetic squad - it's pick your poison: rush for 120+ yards or pass for 250+ yards, or even both.

Wake up!

~The Answer

TrentEdwards2008
09-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok guys .... we need to show our faith in Trent during our next home game! Let's just hope that Losman is terrible again this week and turns the ball over 5 times and Trent will be starting against the jets!! Let's get this sucker started:

We Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!We Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!We Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!We Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!We Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!we Want Trent!!!

mikemac2001
09-17-2007, 10:12 PM
please ban this spammer

G. Host
09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
He is not a spammer - he is a troll - there is a difference.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 10:17 PM
He is not a spammer - he is a troll - there is a difference.
This is somewhat of a combination of the two.

TrentEdwards2008
09-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Why the negativity fellas???

We need a spark and Trent is our only hope at salvation during these tough times!!!!

Go Trent Go!!!!

djjimkelly
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Why the negativity fellas???

We need a spark and Trent is our only hope at salvation during these tough times!!!!

Go Trent Go!!!!

why arent u calling for him this week? thats what id like to know?

mikemac2001
09-17-2007, 10:29 PM
why arent u calling for him this week? thats what id like to know?

he did in diff post

TrentEdwards2008
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Does anybody know where to get a bench Losman shirt? Or a shirt that says JP LOSEman???

I'll buy one if anybody on here is interested in making one or is good with graphics!!!!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-18-2007, 09:28 PM
how bout a shirt that says "TrenEdwards2008 is a looser" and then we all wear it around your family and friends. Think that'ed make you feel good?

Why do you people have such vile glee in the downfall of another human being. It's not like JP is a bastard thug. He is just not playing QB very well. He is still a good person and its a shame that buffalo fans want to run yet another qb out on a rail.

I think jp is done as well but I am not going to hang him in effegy so he feels like **** and leaves town hating buffalo like all the others have.

evol4276
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
http://www.accessoriesallareas.com/images/Sharpie%20Marker%20Fine%20Black.jpg

http://lcccshop.exitosports.com/images/White%20Tshirt.jpg

BILLSROCK1212
09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
JP Losman looks like Adam Sandler and sounds like him a bit too....not only that he can throw the ball just as well as him and no better. That's why it's time for Trent Edwards!!!! JP, please prove me wrong. I beg you to please prove me wrong.

dolphan117
09-18-2007, 11:38 PM
And here I was hopping for some insightful Adam Sandler comment on the BB situation or something.

G. Host
09-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Insightful? You have the wrong board.

Mudflap1
09-19-2007, 12:39 AM
"Mama says get your ass in gear J.P.!!!!!"

Jon

Devin
09-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Flushed.

northernbillfan
09-19-2007, 03:11 AM
:roflmao: @ Evol...

The Answer
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=50993

J.P. and Bills Offense Going Backwards

Click here to add your comments on this story! (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=50993#StoryChatAnchor)
Posted by: Ed Kilgore (ekilgore@wgrz.gannett.com?subject=RE:J.P. and Bills Offense Going Backwards), Sports Director

Created: 9/18/2007 10:14:37 PM
Updated: 9/18/2007 10:14:53 PM

By Ch2 Sports Director
Ed Kilgore

If I didn't know I don't use drugs, I'd think I was in a drug-induced state during the pre season when I actually thought the Bills might be playing possum with their offense.

It turns out, they're just bad, or else have NO confidence at all in J.P. Losman, or a combination of the two.

It's almost hard to imagine that in two games, the Bills avoided throwing anything down the field between the hash marks. The good news, Losman hasn't thrown many int's -- just one -- but he has ZERO touchdowns and a less than stellar 68. 3 qb rating.

There are currently eleven quarterbacks who are over the 100 mark, led by the guy the Bills will be looking at next Sunday, Tom Brady, who sports a gaudy 134.2 number.

Oddly enough, Losman isn't the only qb with high expectations off to a tough start. The Saints Drew Brees and the Cardinals Matt Leinart are barely over the 66 mark, and the Eagles Donovan McNabb is only .4 ahead of Losman.

Here's maybe the most staggering early season offensive number of all for the Bills, and a number that must improve in a hurry. Lee Evans has four catches for 22 yards. That's 5.5 yards per catch, and his longest catch so far is for NINE yards....................

~The Answer

raphael120
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
The Lee Evans thing makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

The Answer
09-19-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8027a2f7&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

I'm not sure what was worse: J.P. Losman (http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/profile?id=LOS588329) throwing his offensive coordinator under the bus immediately after Buffalo's 26-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) by saying that the Bills' offense needed to be more aggressive or coming back a day later and insisting his comments were not criticism directed toward Steve Fairchild. By backtracking, Losman seems to lack conviction about what one could conclude he at least initially believed (and probably still believes) is a key reason for his poor performance in two games. Losman knows he is a long-ball quarterback and wants the long ball to be a larger part of Buffalo's scheme. Fair enough. But can he be trusted to carry more of the load given his mostly inaccurate throwing and indecisiveness in the pocket? Losman has regressed since last season and if he doesn't turn his game around soon, Dick Jauron might not have any choice but to go with rookie Trent Edwards (http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/profile?id=EDW720778).

<TABLE style="FLOAT: right; MARGIN: 10px; WIDTH: 20px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px">http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/Trent-Edwards.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; COLOR: #999999; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Chris Graythen / Getty Images</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Is it time for the Bills to consider going to Trent Edwards at QB?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="FLOAT: right; MARGIN: 10px; WIDTH: 20px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; COLOR: #999999; PADDING-TOP: 5px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
~The Answer

Mr. Pink
09-19-2007, 05:57 PM
You couldn't have put this in one of your 2353458304345 other Anti Losman threads?

We get it, you hate the guy, stop cluttering the board with more and more anti-losman threads.

The Answer
09-19-2007, 06:00 PM
You couldn't have put this in one of your 2353458304345 other Anti Losman threads?

We get it, you hate the guy, stop cluttering the board with more and more anti-losman threads.

This isn't anti-losman post from The Answer - it's from nfl.com and relevant regarding Losman's sucky play.

Vic Carucci is a well respected nfl analyst - used to work for the old empire sports network as well and is as pro - buffalo as it gets. Even he realizes the ineptitude that plagues this team right now.

Get a clue.

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
09-19-2007, 06:02 PM

he isn't typing them up himself he is just posting articles on the Bills if there was anything positive then i bet (or at least hope) he owuld post that too

The Answer
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
he isn't typing them up himself he is just posting articles on the Bills if there was anything positive then i bet (or at least hope) he owuld post that too

Exactly - this team is getting trashed by sports writers nationwide. If The Answer could find anything remotely positive (other than the Everett recovery news) than The Answer would most certainly post them here too.

~The Answer

Elminster
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
The Answer is just indefensible....

SABURZFAN
09-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Exactly - this team is getting trashed by sports writers nationwide. If The Answer could find anything remotely positive (other than the Everett recovery news) than The Answer would most certainly post them here too.

~The Answer

i haven't found any either.they'd be easier to find if the excuses weren't cluttering everything. :mad:

YardRat
09-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Carrucci was very critical of JP right after the Denver game, also, if I remember correctly.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Carrucci was very critical of JP right after the Denver game, also, if I remember correctly.

And the answer started a thread on it too! So he coulda just thrown this into that thread! That's my point.

The Answer
09-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Italians think alike - Just like The Answer, Carrucci knows that Losman is garbage and needs to be kicked to the curb in favor of the next Tom Brady.

Sadly most of us expert football analysts knew Losman wasn't going to take the next step in 2007 - so his horrible play is no surprise.

~The Answer

LtBillsFan66
09-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks for posting this The Answer.

Don't Panic
09-19-2007, 07:55 PM
The Lee Evans thing makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Ditto... if that connection were to get going, we might just get somewhere.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8027a2f7&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

I'm not sure what was worse: J.P. Losman (http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/profile?id=LOS588329) throwing his offensive coordinator under the bus immediately after Buffalo's 26-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) by saying that the Bills' offense needed to be more aggressive or coming back a day later and insisting his comments were not criticism directed toward Steve Fairchild. By backtracking, Losman seems to lack conviction about what one could conclude he at least initially believed (and probably still believes) is a key reason for his poor performance in two games. Losman knows he is a long-ball quarterback and wants the long ball to be a larger part of Buffalo's scheme. Fair enough. But can he be trusted to carry more of the load given his mostly inaccurate throwing and indecisiveness in the pocket? Losman has regressed since last season and if he doesn't turn his game around soon, Dick Jauron might not have any choice but to go with rookie Trent Edwards (http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/profile?id=EDW720778).

<TABLE style="FLOAT: right; MARGIN: 10px; WIDTH: 20px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; COLOR: #999999; PADDING-TOP: 5px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="FLOAT: right; MARGIN: 10px; WIDTH: 20px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; COLOR: #999999; PADDING-TOP: 5px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
~The Answer

People must be getting insecure around here. I'm not a big fan of "The Answers" shtick but all he did was post an article that is on the official NFL site and is 100% true. So he gets groaned for posting it? People please.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Ditto... if that connection were to get going, we might just get somewhere.

I think the point about Evans is that if he is starting to unwind than this team is highly in danger of unraveling quickly.

Evans has been a team player and he is sick of it.

Ebenezer
09-19-2007, 08:18 PM
People must be getting insecure around here. I'm not a big fan of "The Answers" shtick but all he did was post an article that is on the official NFL site and is 100% true. So he gets groaned for posting it? People please.
it is not insecurity...it is the persistant starting of negative threads when negative threads already exist...this could have been tacked on to any of the threads that The Answer has already started...he was publically warned today and continues to do it. It is not the negativity...it is the persistant practice of finding something somebody said that was negative and starting new threads about it...

this is going to spam and Answer is getting points.

We don't mind the negative posting...we mind the number of negative threads...it gets to be like a child.

Ebenezer
09-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Answer - there are no more warnings. You must stop finding articles written by others that criticize JP just so you can start a thread to criticize JP. The mods will no longer tolerate this behavior. Tack these things to one of the negative threads you have already started.

Off to spam it goes.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Yet, another pitiful outing for JP...

I figured I'd get a head start on my Sunday evening thread.:D

OpIv37
09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Miss Cleo.

Seriously, though, I think we should give JP til the bye no matter what. The biggest problem I see is this: if we play Edwards now, it's basically telling the other players on the team that the season is in the ****ter and there's no point in trying.

I'd rather give the other players on this team the chance to pull up their bootstraps and make something out of this season. I highly doubt it will happen, but they at least deserve the opportunity. Let's play Edwards when the season is officially in the ****ter instead of just realistically in the ****ter.

One more thing: I don't want any lingering doubts about JP. If they pull him (I probably should be saying "when they pull him" at this point), it needs to be obvious that he's not the guy. I don't want a QB controversy any more than what we already have. If JP goes down, let him go down in flames.

If we had a vet back up who could come in and win some games, I wouldn't be thinking like this. But a 3rd round rookie isn't going to win any games for us and the second we put him in, 2007 becomes training camp for 2008. Let's put that off as long as possible.

patmoran2006
09-20-2007, 02:42 PM
why do edwards threads get moved.. He's a Buffalo Bill and some like him better.

what a bunch of biased bull**** that is.

Michael82
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
:spam:

Romes
09-20-2007, 02:51 PM
why do edwards threads get moved.. He's a Buffalo Bill and some like him better.

Because there doesn't need to be 58 of them on the front page...and 99% of the threads started would be better off as replies to threads that already exist.

Romes
09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
...and I agree with OP.

The Answer
09-20-2007, 03:00 PM

Even if you post a legit article with a link that trashes losman it gets moved to spam too.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
09-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Miss Cleo.

Seriously, though, I think we should give JP til the bye no matter what. The biggest problem I see is this: if we play Edwards now, it's basically telling the other players on the team that the season is in the ****ter and there's no point in trying.

I'd rather give the other players on this team the chance to pull up their bootstraps and make something out of this season. I highly doubt it will happen, but they at least deserve the opportunity. Let's play Edwards when the season is officially in the ****ter instead of just realistically in the ****ter.

One more thing: I don't want any lingering doubts about JP. If they pull him (I probably should be saying "when they pull him" at this point), it needs to be obvious that he's not the guy. I don't want a QB controversy any more than what we already have. If JP goes down, let him go down in flames.

If we had a vet back up who could come in and win some games, I wouldn't be thinking like this. But a 3rd round rookie isn't going to win any games for us and the second we put him in, 2007 becomes training camp for 2008. Let's put that off as long as possible.

If Edwards hadn't played so well in pre-season and hadn't made some passes that were just insanely good than I would agree with you.

However, I think are chances are actaully better with Edwards than JP at this point, assuming the same dismal perfromance against NE.

Michael82
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Because there doesn't need to be 58 of them on the front page...and 99% of the threads started would be better off as replies to threads that already exist.
EXACTLY! Good post. :bf1:

The Answer
09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
EXACTLY! Good post. :bf1:

So are you going to keep that avatar when your hero is benched by midseason?

~The Answer

Romes
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
So are you going to keep that avatar when your hero is benched by midseason?

~The Answer

I am just as skeptical about Losman's future with this team as anyone but what will you do if JP turns it around?

and don't say it could never happen, thats a cop out answer.

patmoran2006
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
If some people on here are going to ban people and threads because they support Trent Edwards, who is a BUFFALO BILL by the way. Then I think you need to evaluate your own biased ways.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Now if it’s the SAME Edwards thread or the same anti-Losman thread over and over again, I can understand. But now its starting to get ridiculous that people can’t express their opinion. .Some of the opinions and articles WITH links are legit and they’re getting moved anyway.. How bull**** is that?<o:p></o:p>
I posted a thread BEFORE the season started that I like Trent Edwards better.<o:p></o:p>
SO I’ll tell you what, once the change happens at QB, and don’t fool yourself.. IT WILL HAPPEN.. How about all the people banning the Edwards threads should be banned from partaking in Edwards discussions themselves once it happens.<o:p></o:p>
WTF.. I know what spam is, but you’re moving LEGIT threads because people are expressing a different opinion than yours, and some of you are TOO BLIND TO SEE how ****ty Losman is.. EVERY media critic and fan on here that doesn’t like Losman can’t be all be wrong.<o:p></o:p>
The guy sucks ass—and Trent Edwards wears a Bills uniform. I have a right to post LEGIT threads about my thoughts on him without having them moved…<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
and saying that its the same thread "over and over' is a bull**** copout excuse

Dude
09-20-2007, 03:22 PM
OK, here's the deal.

It is not a problem if you don't like JP Losman. What is a problem is starting thread after thread after thread that all say the same thing. So, if you want to ***** about him, or express your manlove for Trent Edwards, do it here. If more threads are started that say the same thing, they will be merged into this thread.

Carry on.

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I'll move this to the proper forum

The Answer
09-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll move this to the proper forum

Why don't you just delete it like you did the rest of the legit threads that were moved to spam and locked?

~The Answer

patmoran2006
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
FOr all of you saying its too early to start Edwards and Losman needs to stay.

I have a serious as cancer question for you.. Let's stop beating around the bush now.

HOW MUCH ****ING WORSE CAN EDWARDS POSSIBLY LOOK THAN WHAT WE'VE SEEN FROM LOSMAN THROUGH 2 GAMES, 4 PRESEASON GAMES, MOST OF TRAINING CAMP AND SO ON SO FORTH.

you gotta be kidding me. Edwards may suck or he may be a savior (and I SERIOUSLY think he's going to be a GREAT QB-- and anyone here who knows me knows im a pain in the balls, but NOT a troll). BUt again, he cant possibly play ANY WORSE than Losman has.

WHEN Losman gets benched, and if you listen to Jauron's comments he will do it if he has too.. It will be because that is what Losman has EARNED>

I hope Edwards gets some action against NE< and I think he will.

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Why don't you just delete it like you did the rest of the legit threads that were moved to spam and locked?

~The Answer

I didn't delete any thread.

Once again, GET A CLUE.

Dude
09-20-2007, 03:29 PM

~The AnswerNothing was deleted. Please learn how to read.

Michael82
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
maybe we should create a QB forum, where people can have at it on ripping Losman and praising Edwards, plus the pro Losman people can praise Losman and bash the idea of starting the 3rd round rookie, Edwards.

:idunno:

The Answer
09-20-2007, 03:33 PM
I didn't delete any thread.

Once again, GET A CLUE.

Because they were just merged by somebody - they were originally moved to SPAM and locked yesterday, even though they were from legit sports writers with links.

In fact Vic Carruci is a long time bills backer and he's even fed up with Losmans atrocious play dragging this franchise futher into the abyss.

~The Answer

Dude
09-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Last time - nothing was deleted.

Drop it.

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Because they were just merged by somebody - they were originally moved to SPAM and locked yesterday, even though they were from legit sports writers with links.

In fact Vic Carruci is a long time bills backer and he's even fed up with Losmans atrocious play dragging this franchise futher into the abyss.

~The Answer

Maybe you didn't read what I said. I didn't delete anything. You should probably know what you're talking about before you go accusing the staff.

The point of this thread is that we don't need a million different threads all about Trent Edwards and benching JP. It's just getting old to read it, even if it's from different sportswriters. Some people want to talk about the Bills and not about the QB for 10 seconds. Give it a rest man.

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:35 PM
maybe we should create a QB forum, where people can have at it on ripping Losman and praising Edwards, plus the pro Losman people can praise Losman and bash the idea of starting the 3rd round rookie, Edwards.

:idunno:

Ever notice that the Pro-Edwards people are the same Pro-Holcomb people?

Mr. Pink
09-20-2007, 03:36 PM
This thread was a great idea!
Now I don't have to see the entire front page of the forum filled with anti-losman threads!
I applaud the decision. Good job!

The Answer
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Nothing was deleted. Please learn how to read.

Fine - my bad.

But lastnight they were moved to spam and locked - legit articles with links.

And anything that is pro-edwards seems to be in the mod squads crosshairs.

This is getting ridiculous - whether troll, neg nancy, homer, etc we should all be entitled to our own opinions and have the right to post as many LEGIT anti buffalo/losman articles we like.

~The Answer

RockStar36
This thread was a great idea!
Now I don't have to see the entire front page of the forum filled with anti-losman threads!
I applaud the decision. Good job!

Why thank you sir. The staff aims to please! :up:

Michael82
good point. They are the same people who caused Mularkey to keep switching QBs. :ill:

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Anyone here know who killed JFK?

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
good point. They are the same people who caused Mularkey to keep switching QBs. :ill:

:rofl:

Good times....

Dude
09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Fine - my bad.

This is getting ridiculous - whether troll, neg nancy, homer, etc we should all be entitled to our own opinions and have the right to post as many LEGIT anti buffalo/losman articles we like.

~The AnswerNo, you are wrong.

It is the ENDLESS number of threads that all say the same thing.

LOSMAN SUCKS, WE WANT EDWARDS. WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

We get it. We don't need a million threads that all say the same thing. It clutters the boards. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to ruin the experience for others.

If you want to ***** about Losman, do it here.

End of story.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Fine - my bad.

~The Answer

You don't get it do you?

No one is stopping you from posting anti-losman or pro-edwards articles. You don't need 358235 threads to do it. That's the point. I'm as critical as anyone of Losman and the losing mentality/product that's been on the field since he's been the starter. I wouldn't mind Edwards playing this weekend if JP fails to deliver but I don't need to see the entire board full of "joe schmoe on JP sucking."

That is the point.

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:40 PM
No, you are wrong.

We get it. We don't need a million threads that all say the same thing. It clutters the boards. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to ruin the experience for others.

End of story.

You're my hero Dude.

Michael82
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
No, you are wrong.

End of story.
Excellent post! I love this thread idea. :bf1:

i know that I have one thread that I will now be staying away from and with only one main thread, it helps free up the rest of the board for some good non-QB discussion threads. :up:

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Anyone thinks the death of MArilyn Monroe has anything to do with the Kennedy's?

Romes
09-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Anyone thinks the death of MArilyn Monroe has anything to do with the Kennedy's?

wrong thread! :mad:

:jk: :up:

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
wrong thread! :mad:

:jk: :up:
Romes. You hardly post these days. maight as well talk about anything in this thread.

Know anything about scientology?

Romes
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Romes. You hardly post these days. maight as well talk about anything in this thread.

Know anything about scientology?

Yeah, moved to europe, so time zone sucks and sports websites are blocked at work :mad:

both makes posting a little difficult... :sad:

scientology...same guy that wrote battlefield earth, right?

The Answer
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM

Maybe because Losman is a horrible QB and can't hold The Holcomb's or a rookie's jock?

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, moved to europe, so time zone sucks and sports websites are blocked at work :mad:

both makes posting a little difficult... :sad:

scientology...same guy that wrote battefield earth, right?

Spacecraft?? Enough said.

Gunzlingr
09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Italians think alike - Just like The Answer, Carrucci knows that Losman is garbage and needs to be kicked to the curb in favor of the next Tom Brady.

Sadly most of us expert football analysts knew Losman wasn't going to take the next step in 2007 - so his horrible play is no surprise.

~The Answer

So you're italian! That explains a lot of things.

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe because Losman is a horrible QB and can't hold The Holcomb's or a rookie's jock?

~The Answer

:yap:

Philagape
09-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Tony Clifton got pwned :laugh:

losman420
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Anyone here know who killed JFK?I know , but if i tell you they will kill me.:worry:

Michael82
09-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I know , but if i tell you they will kill me.:worry:
:rofl:

losman420
09-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok guys .... we need to show our faith in Trent during our next home game! Let's just hope that Losman is terrible again this week and turns the ball over 5 times and Trent will be starting against the jets!! Let's get this sucker started:Dude your not much of a Bills fan, if you want the starting quarterback to turn the ball over 5 times, just so you can get the Qb your crushing on in the game. I am a JP supporter, but if at some point he's so bad that we start playing trent and he does well, I would have no problem with that. I would be just as happy because Iam a bills fan, overall team success should be the most important thing.

Michael82
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Dude your not much of a Bills fan, if you want the starting quarterback to turn the ball over 5 times, just so you can get the Qb your crushing on in the game. I am a JP supporter, but if at some point he's so bad that we start playing trent and he does well, I would have no problem with that. I would be just as happy because Iam a bills fan, overall team success should be the most important thing.
Good post! :bf1:

The Answer
09-20-2007, 04:55 PM
You're my hero Dude.

You two get a room then. :bigheart: :dancers: :handkiss: :forward:

~The Answer

PcA125
09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Dude your not much of a Bills fan, if you want the starting quarterback to turn the ball over 5 times, just so you can get the Qb your crushing on in the game. I am a JP supporter, but if at some point he's so bad that we start playing trent and he does well, I would have no problem with that. I would be just as happy because Iam a bills fan, overall team success should be the most important thing.

I am not hoping that he does bad... In fact I really really really want him to tear up the league and become the next great QB because that will save us time going through another grooming of a QB. But he HAS BEEN THAT BAD! I cant stand when people blame other parts of the team more than him.

First of all, he is the QB he gets the blame for most of the things that go wrong and all of the credit for things that go right... thats part of the job, and I understnad that. Second, many of the other problems on the team, like the defense giving up a ton of yards, have a lot to do with the O going 3 and out every freaking time.

At this point, looking at our schedule, we all know that we arnt making the playoffs. If JP plays like this much longer put trent in, give the kid a shot. And I assure you all, most of the people supporting Trent are not the ones with the man crush.

PcA125
09-20-2007, 05:19 PM
If some people on here are going to ban people and threads because they support Trent Edwards, who is a BUFFALO BILL by the way. Then I think you need to evaluate your own biased ways.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Now if it’s the SAME Edwards thread or the same anti-Losman thread over and over again, I can understand. But now its starting to get ridiculous that people can’t express their opinion. .Some of the opinions and articles WITH links are legit and they’re getting moved anyway.. How bull**** is that?<o:p></o:p>
I posted a thread BEFORE the season started that I like Trent Edwards better.<o:p></o:p>
SO I’ll tell you what, once the change happens at QB, and don’t fool yourself.. IT WILL HAPPEN.. How about all the people banning the Edwards threads should be banned from partaking in Edwards discussions themselves once it happens.<o:p></o:p>
WTF.. I know what spam is, but you’re moving LEGIT threads because people are expressing a different opinion than yours, and some of you are TOO BLIND TO SEE how ****ty Losman is.. EVERY media critic and fan on here that doesn’t like Losman can’t be all be wrong.<o:p></o:p>
The guy sucks ass—and Trent Edwards wears a Bills uniform. I have a right to post LEGIT threads about my thoughts on him without having them moved…<o:p></o:p>

In the past I have really disagreed with most of what you have said, I was a HUGE JP homer. Back then I thought you were a little to hard on him, but now I just dont know. I think some people are putting a little too much faith in this guy and its kinda weird for me to say this, but i agree with you pat

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 05:29 PM
In the past I have really disagreed with most of what you have said, I was a HUGE JP homer. Back then I thought you were a little to hard on him, but now I just dont know. I think some people are putting a little too much faith in this guy and its kinda weird for me to say this, but i agree with you pat

:crush:

losman420
09-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I am not hoping that he does bad... In fact I really really really want him to tear up the league and become the next great QB because that will save us time going through another grooming of a QB. But he HAS BEEN THAT BAD! I cant stand when people blame other parts of the team more than him.

First of all, he is the QB he gets the blame for most of the things that go wrong and all of the credit for things that go right... thats part of the job, and I understnad that. Second, many of the other problems on the team, like the defense giving up a ton of yards, have a lot to do with the O going 3 and out every freaking time.

At this point, looking at our schedule, we all know that we arnt making the playoffs. If JP plays like this much longer put trent in, give the kid a shot. And I assure you all, most of the people supporting Trent are not the ones with the man crush. when someone says they want jp to turn the ball over 5 times in a game so trent can start, to me thats not being much of a Bills fan. Has losman played well? No he has not, but its only been 2 games, and I believe he showed enough last year, where he deserves at least half the season to prove it wasn't a fluke. if the Bills are 1-7 at that point, then by all means, "lets see what the kid can do". but I am not ready to give up our playoff hopes in week 2, and thats what we would be doing by starting Edwards now. What big Ben did in '04 was very rare and I just dont see Edwards doing that. Not to take anything away from him, I mean who knows he may Fill Jim kellys shoes someday, God knows some one has to step up and fill them one of these days. I really hope losman can be that guy, because Id really rather have it be sooner than later. But if 2 years down the road it ends up being Edwards, its all good.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2007, 05:46 PM
As I said earlier this week I'm done with JP.

I have been a long time supporter but after his press conference on Sunday I feel like I've bought enough of his snake oil.

Maybe instead of cleaning up the City he could have spent more time working on the 5 to 10 yard pass that he still can't figure out how to throw.

I hope we win on Sunday, and JP plays well. However, I think if Fairchild "opens it up" JP is looking at 4 picks.

I think Edwards starts against the Jets for sure if JP gives us the same performance as the last 2 weeks.

The Answer
09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Has there ever been an 0-4 team play on monday night? I hope so or our sakes.

The schedule makers in the NFL front office should have known better - too bad there isn't a flex scheduling option for monday night game.

However this is the perfect stage for The Young Gun to make his NFL debut......

~The Answer

Ebenezer
09-20-2007, 07:19 PM
As I said earlier this week I'm done with JP.

I have been a long time supporter but after his press conference on Sunday I feel like I've bought enough of his snake oil.

Maybe instead of cleaning up the City he could have spent more time working on the 5 to 10 yard pass that he still can't figure out how to throw.

I hope we win on Sunday, and JP plays well. However, I think if Fairchild "opens it up" JP is looking at 4 picks.

I think Edwards starts against the Jets for sure if JP gives us the same performance as the last 2 weeks.
...and how long until you and the other Edwards supporters turn on him???

I'm not singling you out Hurricane but if we were able to take a crystal ball and look back we would see that, for the most part, the guys who wanted Flutie to take over for Johnson wanted Van Pelt to take over for Bledsoe wanted JP to take over for Bledsoe want Edwards to take over for JP...and don't tell me it isn't so....I've been on this board since the day we started and I have seen it...I know plenty of people in "real life" and have heard them change their tune. Support waivers because the team is bad and doesn't win. The QB is the first line of fire. Does JP have it?? Probably not. As some of us said when Bledsoe was here - YES - it can get worse and right now it is worse than anything Bledsoe through at us. Losing is losing but this is getting ugly (and uglier comes up this weekend). Now people want a pure rookie who has thrown the ball against never-weres, wannabes and backups to take over an NFL football team???

Sorry, but if you prescribe to that theory you don't know football. And don't give the crap about Big Ben and Brady coming in as kids and leading their teams. Those teams were stacked and ready to win. People are expecting Edwards to come in and turn around this team to what??? 4-12?? He is not ready nor is this team.

Philagape
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Brady started in his second year, BTW. But for every rookie who came in and did OK as a rookie, there's a QB who did well after sitting for one or two years. Palmer and Rivers come to mind. If Edwards is the future, let's take our time and develop him properly.

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 09:04 PM
JP pointed the finger at the press conference, he couldn't account for his actions and failures, just the actions of others. He underthrew / overthrew all both games but he couldn't blame himself, he had to blame others. They say if you make enough excuses for someone you are then the problem.

Many of us have become enablers, we are finding excuses for JP. There is no excuse for throwing like crap and scrambling on plays that call for a pocket pass, no excuses.

Please read this story about Schuab and see what on field actions do:

The second-quarter pass was supposed to hit Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6339) on the back shoulder. Instead, Matt Schaub (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6849)'s underthrown ball fell right into the hands of Panthers cornerback Ken Lucas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5487).

The apparent interception cost Houston a 14-all tie on Sunday at Carolina and sent Schaub, deeply contrite, directly to the sideline.

"I promise you," Schaub told head coach Gary Kubiak, "that will never happen again."

After Houston challenged the interception and as the instant-replay process progressed, Schaub told the Texans' defenders it was his mistake but, going forward, if they had his back, he had theirs. The play was overturned and Schaub's subsequent 9-yard touchdown to Johnson tied the score.

In only the fourth start of his four-year career, Schaub led the Texans to 34 unanswered points and, for the first time in the franchise's six seasons, a 2-0 record.
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0919/nfl_g_mschaub_195.jpg Scott Cunningham/Getty Images
Matt Schaub's confidence and sense of accountability have been infectious in Houston.

"That's accountability," Texans general manager Rick Smith said Monday. "The team never panicked because he never panicked. He's got that thing that good quarterbacks have, a presence, a confidence, poise.
"And what's happened is his accountability has spread throughout the team. The guys are now accountable to each other. It's a different feeling because they believe in him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3027002

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 09:08 PM
3 words we cannot say about JP:

Presence. Confidence. Poise.

Without those attributes you cannot successfully play QB in the NFL. Which one has described JP for the past 4 years?? Words mean nothing to me and talking means you cannot do. We you speak of yourself it's talking, When others say it about you it's true.

MaroneyWillRunWild
09-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Draft Matt Ryan and all will be ok.

Ebenezer
09-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Skoob..there is a negative Losman thread..please post these things in there. Thanks.

SABURZFAN
09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Skoob..there is a negative Losman thread..please post these things in there. Thanks.

let's just say that this is the Truth thread.

Tatonka
09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
flipflopflipflop.

you'll be on his jock against after a good game.

PECKERWOOD
09-20-2007, 11:03 PM
flipflopflipflop.

you'll be on his jock against after a good game.

If that's the case then, I just wish that Losman would have a good game already, this board needs it lmao.

JD
09-20-2007, 11:22 PM
I say we put in Edwards, how much more could we suck? Seriously!

If we put him in now it will give him a lot of experience in the league, especially against the best in the NFL (patriots). This way, next year wont be another "rebuilding" year if he performs well, maybe we can actually make something of it! All I want is a playoff appearance, and I'll be good for about 5 years.

deepslant
09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Edwards after the bye only if JP totally, totally continues to suck.

churchinski
09-21-2007, 04:35 PM

true

The Answer
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/167435.html?imw=Y

Bob DiCesare: The day of judgment looms for J.P.

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->Bob DiCesare <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 09/21/07 8:07 AM

It’s not always the quarterback who dictates the attitude of a football team and becomes the catalyst in establishing its identity. Certainly linebacker Lawrence Taylor epitomized what the New York Giants were all about. Ray Lewis is the man in Baltimore. Jim McMahon’s eccentricities lent a certain flair to Chicago’s Super Bowl championship team but those Bears saw the game through the intense, intimidating eyes of Mike Singletary.

While it’s not always the quarterback who imprints a football team with its character traits, there’s no denying that it’s usually the quarterback. For every team that ascends with its quarterback playing a supporting role (Rex Grossman and the Bears) there are 10 successful teams that are distinguished and identified by the man behind center. The list begins with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, downshifts to the likes of Vince Young and Carson Palmer and concludes with a QB such as Tony Romo, who is redefining the offense in Dallas and, by natural extension, perceptions of the Cowboys as a whole............

~The Answer

The Answer
09-21-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/167456.html?imw=Y

Question Mark /By Mark Gaughan

Bears’ Harris would be perfect fit for Buffalo

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 09/21/07 6:56 AM

Q : The Bills need a great defensive tackle. Who are the ideal defensive tackles in the NFL for the Bills’ defense? — Dean Williams, Philadelphia.
A: In the Tampa-style defense, the prototypical “three-technique” defensive tackle is Chicago’s Tommie Harris. The “three-technique” tackle lines up opposite the outside shoulder of a guard — usually the right guard. His job is to attack the line of scrimmage and wreak havoc in the backfield. The best attacking defensive tackles ever in the Tampa scheme probably are Oakland’s Warren Sapp, who helped Tampa Bay win the Super Bowl in the 2002 season, and Minnesota’s John Randle.

The nose tackle in the Tampa scheme also needs to have mobility but also needs to have a little more beef. Lots of great defensive tackles could fit this role. Tennessee’s Albert Haynesworth, who weighs 321 pounds, would be perfect, although the Titans don’t run the Tampa scheme. Minnesota’s Pat Williams is perfect for it. New England’s Vince Wilfork is listed at 325 and may weigh 350. He plays a twogap role for the Patriots, trying to eat up space. But he’s so talented he would be great in the middle of any defense. Former Eagle Corey Simon, before he was injured, was ideal.

Q: I am really floored by how little talent there is on the Bills’ roster. I think Marv Levy has done a horrible job, bringing in very marginal free agents (Robert Royal, Larry Tripplett, Anthony Thomas). Will management give serious consideration to giving Trent Edwards his shot right away? — Perry Ellis, Atlanta.

A: The Bills have three-plus years invested in J.P. Losman. They must give him every opportunity to succeed or fail this season. Obviously, if the offense remains as ugly as it was in Pittsburgh, the plug will be pulled on Losman sooner rather than later. But it can’t stay that bad, can it? Presuming the Bills get blown out in New England, the next two games — the Jets and Cowboys — will be huge for Losman. Again, presuming the offense gets at least a little better, I think they have to give Losman eight to 12 consecutive starts to prove himself once and for all. Trent Edwards might be the answer. He might not be. But the day Losman gets benched — if it happens — is going to be a dark day for the organization. Why? Because it’s going to mean that this team wasted yet another No. 1 draft choice. And it’s going to mean that fans have to wait for 2009, at the earliest, for the team to be a serious contender. Could Edwards be expected to make the Bills a title contender in his first full season as a starter — 2008? That would be a stretch........

~The Answer

Oaf
09-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Another reason it would be such a dark day pulling the plug on Losman would be the amount of time and games invested in this experiment, not to mention the opportunity cost of the draft picks we used to get Losman. We be basically at square one again, returning to what we were at the onset of 2005.

In order to avoid this, we need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that JP is not the answer. And I know some of you think you know this, but you don't plain and simple, because it's only been two games, plain and simple. We need to give him at the VERY LEAST 4 more starts to prove himself before we can pull the plug.

churchinski
09-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Another reason it would be such a dark day pulling the plug on Losman would be the amount of time and games invested in this experiment, not to mention the opportunity cost of the draft picks we used to get Losman. We be basically at square one again, returning to what we were at the onset of 2005.

In order to avoid this, we need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that JP is not the answer. And I know some of you think you know this, but you don't plain and simple, because it's only been two games, plain and simple. We need to give him at the VERY LEAST 4 more starts to prove himself before we can pull the plug.well I have seen him play in a lot more than 2 games.

And I've watched this game for many years

Losman will never be anything more than a hack

TrentEdwards2008
09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/19571.html

Why Sunday should be Losman's last chance
Posted by: Connor Byrne on September 20, 2007 12:28 AM

J.P. Losman has appeared in a total of 31 games (26 starts) over three-plus seasons as a Buffalo Bills quarterback. During that time period, the 2004 first-round pick from Tulane has accumulated a far-from-impressive 8-18 overall record and a career passer rating of 76.8.

TrentEdwards2008
09-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I really can't wait until we bench this loser and start our future HOF QB!

Trent is ready....more ready than Loserman will ever be.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I'd be very, very surprised if this was Losman's last start for the Bills. This topic is really a non-issue for most posters here at this point. If Edwards does get the nod, it would make a good amount of sense to me if it were after the bye week.

evol4276
09-21-2007, 09:28 PM
i knew you were "the answer"

churchinski
09-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I'd be very, very surprised if this was Losman's last start for the Bills. This topic is really a non-issue for most posters here at this point. If Edwards does get the nod, it would make a good amount of sense to me if it were after the bye week.I agree that this will not be Losman's last start

My forecast for the timeline is this ... if Losman continues to play as badly as he has ...he will get the hook in the 3rd qrt of the monday night game vs dallas

As conservative as Jauron is I do not think that he will be able to resist the pressure from the crowd in a monday night nationally televised game.

How long do I think he would go absent of playing a monday nighter ?
It would depend on how badly Losman played.
8 + games.

Why ?
I'm not really sure , coaches seem to be slow to give QBs the hook and they invested a lot in Losman.

The monday nighter will accelerate the process if Losman keeps laying eggs, that's my forecast.

churchinski
10-06-2007, 05:40 PM

In order to avoid this, we need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that JP is not the answer. And I know some of you think you know this, but you don't plain and simple, because it's only been two games, plain and simple. We need to give him at the VERY LEAST 4 more starts to prove himself before we can pull the plug.

we already do