• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Riter out at WGR

WGR evening host Brad Riter has been let go by the all-sports station. Greg Ried, the general manager of WGR and all Entercom stations, confirmed Riter no longer works for the station.

Ried declined to say why Riter was let go, but a source said Riter was fired after he failed to show for a Monday morning program after he was previously warned about it. For now, WGR will use staffers to fill in for Riter, who primarily works the evening shift.

On a separate matter, Ried said he would be willing to talk with former Channel 7 sports director John Murphy if Murphy’s deal with Citadel Broadcasting, the owner of Bills station 97 Rock, would allow him to work for both radio companies.

“He’s got a lot of name recognition and equity in the marketplace,” Ried said.

However, it is doubtful that Citadel or the Bills would allow Murphy to work for a station that regularly bashes the NFL team. — Alan Pergament

Riter was the only positive guy at WGR, Murphy would never join WGR he's to much of a
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 09-20-2007, 01:43 AM.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Riter out at WGR

Ugghh, they fired the wrong one. Other than Howard Simon, he's the only WGR guy that I enjoy listening to.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

From what I hear, he was suppose to be in for a show and never made it. He wasn't fired for being a bad radio host, but for being a bad employee.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Riter was an idiot and it is a common theme at that station. They need to revamp the entire lineup and bring in some different personalities.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

riter was funny as all hell the few times i heard his show.

but then I've not lived in buffalo in a long time. and i only heard him in small doses... or over the internet.
          Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-20-2007, 11:16 AM.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I liked him but if this was over being a bad employee then shame on him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

An audio test of the Emergency Broadcast System is more entertaining than WGR.

They need a complete makeover of on-air personalities.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Jeremy White is good too.

D & S Sports

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

WGR had officially become unlistenable if thats a word SCHOOP is the worst idiot ive ever heard radio. he knows little to nothing about sports except stats. and to me that is meaningless considering memorization is the lowest form of intelligence.

bulldog has become a company line guy

WGR shoves the sabres and sabres only down people throat and thats great we all love the sabres but the bills are what is in everyones heart

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

You know Schoop and the Bulldog have been doing talk radio for too long when callers asking them "how they are doing" and it annoys them. Give me a break, its your job to entertain the listeners, not belittle them...
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

way to go guys. you guys got rid on the only guy on your station beside the early morning guys that are listenable.

brad riter was maybe the only one who actually had a semi intelligent comment on the nfl.

thank you for allowing me to listen to sirius radio full time now.

because id stick a knife in my own head before listening to schoop and the bulldog talk about the BULL **** they talk about anymore. no one wants to hear about your driving route to tenniswith your wife, schoop we all in fact hope you get hit by a semi so we dont have to hear your idiotic "not knowing ****" sports talk

i just sent that email to wgr they are a joke now

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I think most of the WGR hosts especially Schoop and Bulldog do not respect Buffalo sports fans and look down on them. They act pompous and get more annoyed with the fans instead of appreciating them.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Riter was honestly the only good host they have. What a shame.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I think the problem might go deeper. Riter openly lobbied for the time slot between Simon and Rome (currently a syndicated show hosted by Colin Cowherd). He even went as far as to give the station's general manager's email address on the air and told listeners to email him to let him know that we want him in that slot. I don't mind Cowherd but he is a bit of an ESPN homer and is a big market whore. He only talks of Buffalo usually when he has something bad to say. He does say we have passionate fans, but that's only because there is nothing else to do here. (somewhat true) I would be willing to bet that Riter might have given the station an ultimatum since they would screw with his schedule by making him work Mondays after football and then go back to working nights the rest of the week. Plus he has the post game show after hockey games. I just don't think he was fired because he missed one show.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

yer absolutely 100% spot on. Yes

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X