PDA

View Full Version : Peronal Foul on Evans....

Mahdi
09-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I was just watching the Bills Focus video on BB.com right now and throughout the commentary they show clips of the game as usual. In the last 15 seconds of the video they show the catch Lee Evans got a personal foul on. Its complete BS and its so obvious that Lee wasn't taunting the Pitts DB. He didn't even look at the guy he just handed the ball to whoever was behind him very gently. No wonder he was fuming after the second call. They should also be taking into consideration the fact that Lee is a high character player, the guy doesn't even gloat after TDs.

Here's the link to the video,

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.html

I wonder if they would make that call on the Pats....

OpIv37
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
they didn't show the replay on TV- I was wondering what the call was for. The announcers speculated that he spiked the ball but even they weren't sure.

The good thing is that this means Lee's frustration may have been directed more at the refs than the team in general, but IMO Lee has every right to be frustrated with the team, especially JP and Fairchild.

Turf
09-19-2007, 09:56 PM
He got if for taunting the official. Not that it mattered either way. It was a penalty, a non call.
But in Buffalo, where you have an owner not commited to winning, every holding penalty, and every pass interference call is going to go against you, and at just the right time.

Meathead
09-19-2007, 11:00 PM
extremely bad rule imo, at least the way its been implemented so far

i wasnt even looking for it and i saw three instances this week alone, all DRAMATICALLY differently interpreted

evans - gets up absent mindedly hands the ball to nobody. on an extreme technicality is it a penalty? yeah i suppose but cmon its so obvious he didnt even look before he just shoveled the ball gently as if he was just trying to get the ball to somebody to keep the play going. thats absolutely horrendous judgment by the ref. and to add insult to injury he get a textbook armbar right across the chest on the next play that keeps him from catching a long td ball and the ref ignores it. those two plays are as bad as it gets in refdom

to - makes a catch in traffic, gets creamed, gets up, spike spins the ball to the ground and struts like a peacock. ok that ones obvious. you may not like the rule but thats what they put it in to stop and he should know that

pats player - dont remember who but he catches the ball in traffic, gets creamed, gets up and skirts the ball across the ground and it goes ten to fifteen yards. nuthin. he didnt strut like to but obviously was pleased he beat his guys and absolutely should have been a penalty

i dont really mind the penalty being in the books but if they are going to call it they HAVE to call it consistently as well as apply some reasonable judgment. very evans had ZERO body language to suggest he was preening, in fact EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE and the ball went nowhere. thats just a ref itching to make the call no matter what. while the pats player actually made a clear indication he was making a statement and actually delayed the game and got nothing

horrible horrible officiating

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
The rule is that a player can't spike the ball after a play. I didn't see it but if he did spike the ball, bad rule or not, it will be a penalty.

trapezeus
09-20-2007, 09:22 AM
in the pats game, welker didn't get a penalty and he definitely spiked the ball.

i think it's a stupid rule. It seems like the NFL has a whole lot more issues than a player spiking the ball to show satisfaction with the play. let the playeres hype the crowd up if he wants. it's not like there aren't 30 other balls that can be tossed onto the field immediately.

Wraith
09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
The rule is that a player can't spike the ball after a play. I didn't see it but if he did spike the ball, bad rule or not, it will be a penalty.

There was no spike.

mybills
09-20-2007, 09:31 AM
I was just watching the Bills Focus video on BB.com right now and throughout the commentary they show clips of the game as usual. In the last 15 seconds of the video they show the catch Lee Evans got a personal foul on. Its complete BS and its so obvious that Lee wasn't taunting the Pitts DB. He didn't even look at the guy he just handed the ball to whoever was behind him very gently. No wonder he was fuming after the second call. They should also be taking into consideration the fact that Lee is a high character player, the guy doesn't even gloat after TDs.

Here's the link to the video,

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.html

I wonder if they would make that call on the Pats....
Just watched it, thanks. I agree that it's total BS. It happened in about an 8th of a second, so how can they call that deliberate? Evans must be superman. :flex:

Meathead
09-20-2007, 09:39 AM
in the pats game, welker didn't get a penalty and he definitely spiked the ball.
yes welker thank you

and the ball skitted away like ten yards. how they could call penalties on other instances and not that one is mind blowing

the good news is that the call against evans is so clearly wrong and the susequent blown call on the armbar pass interference will surely get a lot of attention in the referees film room this week. that will benefit evans greatly in the future and he should get more calls in his favor as a result

don137
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Bad teams tend to have calls go against them and good teams tend to get the favorable calls...Its been going on forever and I doubt it will ever change. Look at the greatest comeback game against the Oilers. The Bills got there share of favorable calls.