X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Everett's doctor says Bills tight end could be walking in weeks, if not sooner

If this isn't a inspiration to us this weekend I don't know what is:

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Kevin Everett's doctor plans to have him stand up on his own soon, and believes the Bills tight end will be walking within weeks -- or sooner.

"Soon, in Buffalo or in Houston, they're going to stand him up," Dr. Barth Green told The Associated Press, shortly after discussing Everett's condition with Bills orthopedic surgeon Dr. Andrew Cappuccino. "They're very confident he'll be walking very soon & in the next days or weeks, not months."

The prognosis is remarkable after Everett arrived at Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital paralyzed from the neck down after being hurt while making a tackle in Buffalo's season opener against Denver on Sept. 9. Doctors initially expressed fears Everett would never walk again.

Kevin Everett's doctor plans to have him stand up on his own soon, and believes the Bills tight end will be walking within weeks -- or sooner.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Everett's doctor says Bills tight end could be walking in weeks, if not sooner

great news.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Re: Everett's doctor says Bills tight end could be walking in weeks, if not sooner

:GOEverett:
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

amazing!
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Wow! That's unbelievable! Great news!!!

Comment

• TerribleTwosome
            • Sep 2007

Well, this is as good a thread as any to make my first post. What fantastic news! I can't believe he's gone from the awful scene we all saw 11 days ago to such a great prognosis. Definitely a pick-me-up for the team (as well as me) before going into a tough (understatement) game against the Patriots, lol.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Awesome... go Kevin!

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

TT!

This is excellent news indeed!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Sweet!

Comment

• Dude
                    that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                    • Feb 2005

That's great news, but I'd rather hear it directly from Dr. Cappucino, who is actually treating Everett.. The last time Dr. Green made a statement regarding Everett's condition, he was not necessarily proven wrong, but it was made clear that the statement was not entirely accurate.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Great news indeed!!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Am I right in that it was the induced hypothermia that made the difference here? (Outside of the fact that he did not damage his spinal cord, etc.)

God bless the Miami Project and all who have funded it, Mr. Wilson and many others.. It's absolutely mind boggling that literally 6 degrees in temperature could make the difference between recovery and being a quadriplegic for life.. (the treatment lowered his body temperature to 92 degrees) Really puts things in perspective.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                          • May 2003

Seeing this news turned my day around! It was crap but now its good!
                          Send me some wings!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

That's wonderful news.

When I heard that first terrible prognosis on the Monday after his injury, I felt as bad as I have in a long, long time.

Now, I feel uplifted everyday when I hear of Kevin's remarkable progress.

Miracles do happen.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                              Am I right in that it was the induced hypothermia that made the difference here? (Outside of the fact that he did not damage his spinal cord, etc.)

God bless the Miami Project and all who have funded it, Mr. Wilson and many others.. It's absolutely mind boggling that literally 6 degrees in temperature could make the difference between recovery and being a quadriplegic for life.. (the treatment lowered his body temperature to 92 degrees) Really puts things in perspective.

kinda makes you wonder if they had dropped it a couple more degrees he could pull a Brushi against the pats this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X