• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

If the bills were more stable locations wise, would it affect your patience

i feel like i'm so quick to want a winner with the bills because we are playing on borrowed time. with no real contingency plan in place, it's hard to know how long we'll have a team.

maybe i'd be ok with rebuilding if i knew in 10 years we'd definitely have a team. maybe that's why as fans we are so quick to want a winner.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: If the bills were more stable locations wise, would it affect your patience

Maybe.

Some of us have been waiting longer. My thing is how many supposed systems do you have to buy into before getting on track?

Detroit hasn't been 2-0 since 1980. 1980!!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but this team can't survive a 27 year period of "maybe next year".

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

the thing you're missing is that fans don't necessarily want a winner quickly. We've been rebuilding since the Music City Mirage and it has yet to bear any results.

I know- someone's gonna jump all over this and say that Marv and Jauron have only been here for less than two seasons, but when it comes to fan frustration, that's irrelevant.

If we just finished 1 or two bad seasons, I might be able to tolerate a rebuilding season or two. But we're at a point where another 2 year rebuilding cycle will mean a decade of futility. In addition, we're on our 3rd GM and 4th head coach, so fans are understandably skeptical of the team's ability to rebuild properly.

This team is not in a position to ask fans to suffer through any more losses.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

If I knew the team was going to be here for the next 50 years, I wouldn't be quit as antsy to get them winning. Good though.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• PcA125
          • May 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
          i feel like i'm so quick to want a winner with the bills because we are playing on borrowed time. with no real contingency plan in place, it's hard to know how long we'll have a team.

maybe i'd be ok with rebuilding if i knew in 10 years we'd definitely have a team. maybe that's why as fans we are so quick to want a winner.
          I think this is a very valid point. But as other people have said, how long are we going to be rebuilding.
          Cheers!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Since 1988 I've lived under the feeling that their is a half-life to this team. At some point they will be gone. Does that make me unpatient?? No.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              Since 1988 I've lived under the feeling that their is a half-life to this team. At some point they will be gone. Does that make me unpatient?? No.
              Unpatient? That sounds like a perfectly cromulent word.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

I am, or maybe I have, coming to the conclusion that this game and this league have passed Mr. Wilson bye. I hate to say it because he has been around for so long, but this team would be better off with new ownership.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  the thing you're missing is that fans don't necessarily want a winner quickly. We've been rebuilding since the Music City Mirage and it has yet to bear any results.
                  Sorry, but I've been a fan since 1962. That's 45 ficking years...

I want a winner. Now. Or next year.

It ain't happening now, so next year is more of an option.

I'd like to see a HC who has some cajones, and an offensive coordinator with a modicum of imagination. I'd like to see some plays on offense that actually puts our opposing defenses back on their heels.

I'd like to see one or two huge, run-stuffing DTs.

I'd also love to win the Lottery.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

I'd like to see a HC who has some cajones, and an offensive coordinator with a modicum of imagination. I'd like to see some plays on offense that actually puts our opposing defenses back on their heels.

lol.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                      • Aug 2003

I don't care how stable they are, I hate losing.

I hate losing video games, hockey games, bets, playing candyland with my four year old. I hate when my teams lose, but can't walk away from my teams the Bills, Sabres and Mets. I guess I really like the underdog.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Constantly revamping front office and coaching staff is what I got us into the trouble in first place. If we had a veteran team it would be different.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus

Quick to wanna rebuild? The rebuilding has been going on for 8 years now. Every new season means we are always just one year away from being a contender according to some though.

If the Lions and/or Cards make the playoffs this year that will leave two teams with the longest playoff drought and that would be us and the Texans. All three of them teams are better then us right now too. It's sickening that Ralph has let our franchise sink to this level while he stacks his bank account higher and higher.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Unfortunately it will never happen as long as Wilson is the HC. That is why we continue to get guys like Mularkey and Jauron...The most desperate and cheapest person for the job that wouldn't turn down any team. With that comes the cheapest unknown coordinators too.

Three years ago Fairchild was hired as an unknown out of the NCAA and was ran out of town with GW. Now some think he might/is good because he was the QB coach for Martz for a year or so and called the plays for a month because there was nobody else? Just because somebody works underneath another coach doesn't make them good. There are dozens of assistants to every coach in the league. Just more flawed logic.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X