PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a leader to you?

shelby
09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
It does to me.....don't give up on this kid just yet:

Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman told his teammates they can not afford to think like underdogs this week when they go to New England to face the mighty Patriots.

“You have to go in with an attitude,” Losman said. “I tried telling the team that today after practice. We brought it up. I told them, ‘You know what guys? We have to go out there with an attitude. We have to go out there expecting to win. We have to go out there ready to put the hit on somebody, ready to make the completion on them, not sit back and let them do their thing and hope that they don’t have a good game.’ . . . No. We need to attack on both sides of the ball. We need to fly around and expect to win. Nobody is going to give us a shot. We understand that. Probably not just off of the last two weeks, but just the way it is. They’re always going to be the favorite. We know no one’s giving us a shot except us.”

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/166795.html)

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Talk is cheap.

Play better.

mchurchfie
09-20-2007, 03:29 PM
George Patten was a wonderful leader too, he couldn't throw the ball either.:ill:

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
He says all the right things. Nobody will deny that.

He needs to back it up though. Especially this Sunday. If there was ever a game to shut some people up, it would be the game at New England against the mighty Patriots.

McD
09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Well its better than not saying anything, but he has to show it not say it.

Scramble JP, scramble!

OpIv37
09-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm with EE and McD- he's saying the right things but it needs to translate to action on the field.

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 03:40 PM
yadayadayada.

Do it!

Michael82
09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
He's always saying the right things. Now he has to do it, even if it means changing the crappy plays that he gets from Fairchild, by himself. :up:

shelby
09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
i agree he needs to back it up.

i just appreciate the attitude, especially after the miserable two weeks he's had.

i'm looking for something, anything positive here, is that all right with y'all?

RockStar36
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM

i just appreciate the attitude, especially after the miserable two weeks he's had.

i'm looking for something, anything positive here, is that all right with y'all?

:homer:

justasportsfan
09-20-2007, 03:46 PM

what attitude? When facing the media or on the field?

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm behind you Shelby, so is most of the campground at one point or another during the night.

J / K

LtBillsFan66
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

shelby
09-20-2007, 03:54 PM
:homer:
Yeah, you're right, sorry.
:hang:

The King
09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I tried telling the team that today after practice

Trying is for pansies. Winners do.

JD
09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Put a sock in it, hes been saying this type of **** for the last three seasons.. whats his record?

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Put a sock in it, hes been saying this type of **** for the last three seasons.. whats his record?

~.241.

JD
09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
am i the only one that laughs at my sig? lol i still do, guess im easily amused :sadwalk:

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Honeymoon over already, toots?

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm behind you Shelby, so is most of the campground at one point or another during the night.

J / K
Nice. :hi5:

But it's trailerpark, not campground.

shelby
09-20-2007, 04:24 PM
:rofl: ok Captain Ballbuster.....

Mitchy moo
09-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Nice. :hi5:

But it's trailerpark, not campground.

What's the difference if the homes can be easily moved in either place?? The swimming pool is more green in the campground, lol??

Maybe it's the size of the Big Screen TV / to SQ Ft ratio must be higher to qualify, lol?

:cheers:

raphael120
09-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I think his words fall on deaf ears (his teammates) until JP shows up in games and leads by example by playing well and not being the one that is doing the letting down of others.

You can't tell me that Lee Evans wasn't overly frustrated because of the horrid overthrows, etc...I think it was a bunch of things and JP was one of them. No one will take him seriously when he talks about dictating things to the opposing offense while JP is missing open men and overthrowing when he does get the ball off and taking sacks because he didn't go through his reads right, etc...

You don't respect someone just because he assumes a leader position and tries to talk the talk, you respect someone because you know they can get the job done and respect and TRUST that leader to lead the way and lead by example and not by opening his mouth. He's had that problem as long as he's been here. See: Eric Moulds. No one wants to listen to someone who is as much of the problem, or more so the problem than anyone else. Now if he was doing all the right things and his teammates were the ones dropping the ball, I could see where he has some merit, but thus far, he is a big part of the problem.

Typ0
09-20-2007, 05:21 PM
after a while of seeing someone say the right things just to watch them faulter during execution you become oblivious to the talk.

Then there is another point about this...if you have to tell people they have to believe they can win then YOU obviously don't believe in the team. This is a horrible message and seeing a big story about this just tells me the team does not have any confidence in themselves.

Wraith
09-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I think his words fall on deaf ears (his teammates) until JP shows up in games and leads by example by playing well and not being the one that is doing the letting down of others.

You can't tell me that Lee Evans wasn't overly frustrated because of the horrid overthrows, etc...I think it was a bunch of things and JP was one of them. No one will take him seriously when he talks about dictating things to the opposing offense while JP is missing open men and overthrowing when he does get the ball off and taking sacks because he didn't go through his reads right, etc...

You don't respect someone just because he assumes a leader position and tries to talk the talk, you respect someone because you know they can get the job done and respect and TRUST that leader to lead the way and lead by example and not by opening his mouth. He's had that problem as long as he's been here. See: Eric Moulds. No one wants to listen to someone who is as much of the problem, or more so the problem than anyone else. Now if he was doing all the right things and his teammates were the ones dropping the ball, I could see where he has some merit, but thus far, he is a big part of the problem.

If I were Lee Evans I would be more frustrated at having three passes hit me in the hands in the end zone and not catching any of them than the one pass that missed me about a foot 60 yards down field.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2007, 05:25 PM
When will it end. JP ripped off Spike's locker speech from 3 years ago.

YardRat
09-20-2007, 05:26 PM
If I were Lee Evans I would be more frustrated at having three passes hit me in the hands in the end zone and not catching any of them than the one pass that missed me about a foot 60 yards down field.

I only recall one, and even if he caught it the penalty wouldn't have been waived off.

Wraith
09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I only recall one, and even if he caught it the penalty wouldn't have been waived off.

1) End of 1st Half against Denver. Evans is 1 on 1 with Bly. Jump ball in the end zone, Bly bats it out of Evans hands.

2) The one you mention against Pittsburgh. You're making an assumption that it wouldn't have been waived off had he not dropped the ball.

3) Later on against Pittsburgh, the one where he was arm-barred by the DB and got an unsportsmanlike penalty for.

All three were difficult catches. Especially the one where he was interfered with. But if I'm a guy who thinks he's a top five wide receiver in the NFL, I'm thinking to myself that I should've come down with all three.

B-DON
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
When will it end. JP ripped off Spike's locker speech from 3 years ago.

Every pep talk is the same, minus a few words here or there. And how do you know, do you have a transcript?

SABURZFAN
09-20-2007, 05:54 PM
did Losman say something to piss in the Lickers ears and tell them that it's raining?

talk is cheap. :z:

SABURZFAN
09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
He's always saying the right things. Now he has to do it, even if it means changing the crappy plays that he gets from Fairchild, by himself. :up:

excuses........excuses........... :deadhorse:

TacklingDummy
09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
We have to go out there expecting to win. We have to go out there ready to put the hit on somebody, ready to make the completion on them, not sit back and let them do their thing and hope that they don’t have a good game.’

People been doing their thing on JP for 3 years. It would mean more if it came from someone who actually produced.

Yasgur's Farm
09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
1) End of 1st Half against Denver. Evans is 1 on 1 with Bly. Jump ball in the end zone, Bly bats it out of Evans hands.

2) The one you mention against Pittsburgh. You're making an assumption that it wouldn't have been waived off had he not dropped the ball.

3) Later on against Pittsburgh, the one where he was arm-barred by the DB and got an unsportsmanlike penalty for.

All three were difficult catches. Especially the one where he was interfered with. But if I'm a guy who thinks he's a top five wide receiver in the NFL, I'm thinking to myself that I should've come down with all three.I'm not thanking your posts to get on Lee Eavns case... As I'm sure that's not your point either.

The point is... if people are gonna bash JP for poor O, They better be prepared to bash all others who aren't "making it happen"... Including Lee Evans and Fairchild.

Kerr
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
JP told the team in practice that they need a new attitude going into Foxboro. That's good and all, but he better put in his end of the deal, which is to execute the plays to the best of his ability. I understand JP does share some of the blame, aside from Fairchild's weak gameplans, but if he continues to regress on his play, then it would be in the team's best interest to bench him and go with Edwards to see if he can make a difference. I don't want to wait until after the bye. This is JP's and the offenses' big week to bust out and do what they've been saying all along. Unless you can back up what you say, then it was only talk. That's not good enough in this league. It just might be Fairchild's stubborness to fit the offense more to jp's abilities that will have jp end up on the bench, and edwards on the field. It's a shame, but it might be edwards who'll end up being a better fit in this type of offense. Edwards looked comfortable and in control in the huddle in preseason even if it was against backups. You got the sense that he knew exactly what he was doing. Either way, I still want Jp to succeed. At this point, I feel comfortable with Edwards as a backup.
So i'm afraid this is Jp's last chance to stick on the field. Levy and jauron have no loyalty to JP. They didn't draft him and won't too long to yank the cord imo.

So for the lickers and haters. You'll soon figure out jp's fate following the game.

G. Host
09-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Throwing a rookie QB at Patriots does not make any sense. Look at what happened to Losman when he was thrown in Patriots game first time.

The first game of a QB ought to be at home.

Ebenezer
09-20-2007, 11:36 PM
JP told the team in practice that they need a new attitude going into Foxboro. That's good and all, but he better put in his end of the deal, which is to execute the plays to the best of his ability. I understand JP does share some of the blame, aside from Fairchild's weak gameplans, but if he continues to regress on his play, then it would be in the team's best interest to bench him and go with Edwards to see if he can make a difference. I don't want to wait until after the bye. This is JP's and the offenses' big week to bust out and do what they've been saying all along. Unless you can back up what you say, then it was only talk. That's not good enough in this league. It just might be Fairchild's stubborness to fit the offense more to jp's abilities that will have jp end up on the bench, and edwards on the field. It's a shame, but it might be edwards who'll end up being a better fit in this type of offense. Edwards looked comfortable and in control in the huddle in preseason even if it was against backups. You got the sense that he knew exactly what he was doing. Either way, I still want Jp to succeed. At this point, I feel comfortable with Edwards as a backup.
So i'm afraid this is Jp's last chance to stick on the field. Levy and jauron have no loyalty to JP. They didn't draft him and won't too long to yank the cord imo.

So for the lickers and haters. You'll soon figure out jp's fate following the game.
Do you have a Link or were you privy to a private meeting?

How many more JP threads do we need? there are at least 10 other threads this could have been put into. Folks, this is not new material. Add to the on going conversation. All these threads do is breakdown into a "JP sucks"/"give JP more time" pissing match. Let's give everybody a rest, ok?

Ebenezer
09-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Throwing a rookie QB at Patriots does not make any sense. Look at what happened to Losman when he was thrown in Patriots game first time.

The first game of a QB ought to be at home.
the first game for a QB should be when he is ready to play. None of us are qualified to determine that...that is why we post on a message board and are not employed by one of 32 NFL franchises.

BillsFever21
09-21-2007, 02:25 AM
I'm not thanking your posts to get on Lee Eavns case... As I'm sure that's not your point either.

The point is... if people are gonna bash JP for poor O, They better be prepared to bash all others who aren't "making it happen"... Including Lee Evans and Fairchild.

Some people doesn't understand the sport. All they see is one player out of 22 + backups that isn't producing.

The defense can't stop a High School team. See many people blaming just that unit let alone just 1 person from it? Evans has been a 1 trick pony. It's either deep or nothing. He's not physical enough to get the tough yards and keep the chains moving. The rest of the WRs isn't worth menitioning. Maybe if there was a WR over 5'10 that could get the tough catches and keep the chains moving would help.

What would help the most is a HC and OC that actually knew what they were doing. Detroit didn't even want Jauron. DETROIT! Fairchild was our RB's coach a few years ago.

There isn't any creativity with the offense and the defense can't even force a punt. Even if you don't complete the pass you still have to sling it downfield to keep the defense honest. When all you run our these WR screen and outs then the defense will play in tight and easily defend them.

Pride
09-21-2007, 06:59 AM
If I just read that correctly, he's calling out the coaching staff for playing the "We'll play just smart enough to let you beat yourselves" gameplan.

G. Host
09-21-2007, 08:18 AM
He says all the right things. Nobody will deny that.

He needs to back it up though. Especially this Sunday. If there was ever a game to shut some people up, it would be the game at New England against the mighty Patriots.

He says the right things when he has time to reherse it. Nobody should deny it When he makes off the cuff remarks or after a loss that is different.

Wys Guy
09-21-2007, 08:26 AM
It does to me.....don't give up on this kid just yet:

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/166795.html)

People just don't get it. It's not JP, or Evans, or anyone else. It's the organization.

If someone hands you a handheld gardening shovel and tells you to feel free to dig yourself out after a blizzard that just dumped 20" of snow on your driveway, you don't say "I can do it! All I need to do is set my mind to it!"

You ask the person that gave you the puny shovel whether they want you to drive them to the mental clinic now or after lunch.

I feel really sorry for most of the players on our team, especially the younger ones. I mean they come to the NFL to play on a team that's owned and run by morons. Literally, if not morons, then what? People that don't have a clue as to the business that they've been in as a career?

Gosh, can I have a job like that that pays close to or over 6-figures please.

The Bills don't have the talent in 3/4 of their starting positions. Players starting for this team, even before our injuries, which were mostly to backups anyway, wouldn't be starting for playoff teams and even most others.

We can't blame the players for that although those that are mostly responsible for this all will indirectly do that and/or let it happen by default. It's not fair to the players.

This is a team that's a lot closer to a team full of backups than it is a real NFL team capable of competing against other teams that aren't led by the intellectually challenged and that is owned by an apathetic owner whose interest so transparently does not extend beyond his own immediate family now.

And that's fine. It's Wilson's business. But just don't expect too many consumers of it to plunk down a lot of scratch when his intentions are so selfishly and clearly visible. No one would go out and by a sh*& burger or hot dog from a shop begging them to come in so that they could have money. Yet, with the Bills that's almost exactly what happens. Wilson cries foul about how little money he and his team has as the team squanders what it does spend.

The players can do whatever they want to. My advice to each of them is to follow Wilson's "team oriented" example, at least the good ones at this point, and to await the ends of their contracts and go play for a real team.

Levy, Jauron, and our personnel office for starters, are all clueless or inept or a combo of the two. That's clearly not going to change anytime soon. Yet to keep doing the same things over and over while expecting different results is defined as insanity, well, welcome to One Bills Drive.

The only way for this team to win many games is for all of our players to show up with all of their biorythyms sync'd and with our opponent coming in "looking past us."

Miami's probably the other worst team in the league right now, including over Detroit and Oakland, and I have to question whether or not we can beat them if they show up. Oh, we'll win a few games because most teams do for one reason or another, often merely that, opponents not showing up. But we're not going to compete with anyone.

Our season, much as last year boils down to deep throws and special teams returns or setups deep into opposing territory. We got far more from that than we should have last year and won't be as fortunate this year.

No one should hold a team full of players that would be fortunate to have backup roles on most other teams accountable for the failures of an owner, GM, coaching staff, and personnel/front office.

That's not to say that JP isn't part of the problem as he clearly is. But that's not the root issue here with this team.

mchurchfie
09-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Ralphie knows he isn't going to see another winning season from this team in his lifetime so he is hunkering down and getting his financial house in order before he starts pushing daiseys.:ill:

Mitchy moo
09-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Dude, JP being on the field is a business decision from a previous regime. We need to know if he has what it takes to succeed as a QB at a NFL level. They are giving him a simple plan and spent a fortune to give him a better line to give him more time. Minus a few plays he has had more time than in previous years but instead of using it to stand in there and deliver, he uses his feet.

The plays being called are for a QB who is pocket driven, not feet driven. If JP can take the shots and not run for fear of injury or pain, he might make it. All the great one's take their shots / lumps and get up to throw again. If JP cannot handle getting hit once in a while for the greater good of the team, he's not going to be on a team.

Real QB's blame themselves when things go wrong on the offense, JP blamed the coaches and then retracted his statements. Too late for that kid, make them call the hard plays and come through for us. We'll all be watching and waiting.

DraftBoy
09-21-2007, 08:42 AM

All three were difficult catches. Especially the one where he was interfered with. But if I'm a guy who thinks he's a top five wide receiver in the NFL, I'm thinking to myself that I should've come down with all three.

1) Its ridiculous to ask our receiver to make a top 10 CB in the league not bat the ball out of his hands thats not a drop thats a great play by a CB no fault at all

2) Agreed, I think there also would of been a call, but we cant be sure

3) Again ridiculous to ask him to make that kind of a catch top 5 receiver or not.

He dropped one pass that may or may not have counted. All three however were good throws.

patmoran2006
09-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Dude, JP being on the field is a business decision from a previous regime. We need to know if he has what it takes to succeed as a QB at a NFL level. They are giving him a simple plan and spent a fortune to give him a better line to give him more time. Minus a few plays he has had more time than in previous years but instead of using it to stand in there and deliver, he uses his feet.

The plays being called are for a QB who is pocket driven, not feet driven. If JP can take the shots and not run for fear of injury or pain, he might make it. All the great one's take their shots / lumps and get up to throw again. If JP cannot handle getting hit once in a while for the greater good of the team, he's not going to be on a team.

Real QB's blame themselves when things go wrong on the offense, JP blamed the coaches and then retracted his statements. Too late for that kid, make them call the hard plays and come through for us. We'll all be watching and waiting.
No it's not. Buffalo made a decision under the Levy regime to PASS on both Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart in last year's drive. Losman being acquired by Buffalo is on Donahoe, but him STAYING here is on the CURRENT Regime.

WE could've traded for Schaub or someone else if our GM so chose to, but he didn't.. So knock the bull**** off that Losman is still on Donahoe, he isn't anymore.

Mitchy moo
09-21-2007, 09:01 AM
No it's not. Buffalo made a decision under the Levy regime to PASS on both Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart in last year's drive. Losman being acquired by Buffalo is on Donahoe, but him STAYING here is on the CURRENT Regime.

WE could've traded for Schaub or someone else if our GM so chose to, but he didn't.. So knock the bull**** off that Losman is still on Donahoe, he isn't anymore.

That's why we drafted Edwards and the FO called him a steal, he was really drafted as a replacement. The handwriting is on the wall, JP needs to read it.

Wraith
09-21-2007, 09:07 AM
1) Its ridiculous to ask our receiver to make a top 10 CB in the league not bat the ball out of his hands thats not a drop thats a great play by a CB no fault at all

2) Agreed, I think there also would of been a call, but we cant be sure

3) Again ridiculous to ask him to make that kind of a catch top 5 receiver or not.

He dropped one pass that may or may not have counted. All three however were good throws.

I wasn't trying to say I think he should've caught any of those. I don't blame him for any. I didn't say any were drops.

What I'm trying to say is that I think HE should think he should've caught them. I want our top wide receiver, one who is supposedly going to be a top receiver in the league this season, to feel that he should come down with every ball he can get his hands no matter the coverage. Top receivers in the game have to have that confidence/arrogance. If Evans is fuming over the one pass he was overthrown on and not on the three the defenders ruined, he's not mentally where he needs to be. In my opinion.

DraftBoy
09-21-2007, 09:26 AM
I wasn't trying to say I think he should've caught any of those. I don't blame him for any. I didn't say any were drops.

What I'm trying to say is that I think HE should think he should've caught them. I want our top wide receiver, one who is supposedly going to be a top receiver in the league this season, to feel that he should come down with every ball he can get his hands no matter the coverage. Top receivers in the game have to have that confidence/arrogance. If Evans is fuming over the one pass he was overthrown on and not on the three the defenders ruined, he's not mentally where he needs to be. In my opinion.

Gotcha agreed, but we dont know if he thinks he should of or not. If you are correct about Evans and I about Losman then we have our QB and #1 WR not looking good mentally.

Wraith
09-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Gotcha agreed, but we dont know if he thinks he should of or not. If you are correct about Evans and I about Losman then we have our QB and #1 WR not looking good mentally.

We're getting there, but we're not quite on the same page yet. I don't think Evans is in a bad place mentally at all. I wasn't trying to rip on him at all. He's by far my favorite player on the current team.

Someone earlier in the thread said this:

"You can't tell me that Lee Evans wasn't overly frustrated because of the horrid overthrows, etc..."

...and I responded that if I were Evans, I would be more upset about the three passes that I got my hands on in the endzone that I didn't come down with. Yardrat, I believe, then said he could only remember one, so I went through and listed the three (which is the post you responded to). I, in no way, meant to imply that Evans was not in the right place mentally. In fact, I was trying to stick up for him. What I was trying to say that if Evans truely is the player, mentally, that we all think he is, he is waaaaay more upset about not coming down with the balls in the endzone than he is about the overthrow.

DraftBoy
09-21-2007, 09:35 AM
We're getting there, but we're not quite on the same page yet. I don't think Evans is in a bad place mentally at all. I wasn't trying to rip on him at all. He's by far my favorite player on the current team.

Someone earlier in the thread said this:

"You can't tell me that Lee Evans wasn't overly frustrated because of the horrid overthrows, etc..."

...and I responded that if I were Evans, I would be more upset about the three passes that I got my hands on in the endzone that I didn't come down with. Yardrat, I believe, then said he could only remember one, so I went through and listed the three (which is the post you responded to). I, in no way, meant to imply that Evans was not in the right place mentally. In fact, I was trying to stick up for him. What I was trying to say that if Evans truely is the player, mentally, that we all think he is, he is waaaaay more upset about not coming down with the balls in the endzone than he is about the overthrow.

Gotcha

justasportsfan
09-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Moran is flipfloping again.

deepslant
09-21-2007, 11:18 AM
JP will execute this weekend. 210 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 39 yds rushing. JP will wake up, count on it.

Earthquake Enyart
09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Moran is flipfloping again.
He and wys are beating Marv to death for JP. :cynic:

DynaPaul
09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Talk the talk?

WALK THE WALK!

I'm sick of it.

churchinski
09-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Talk is cheap.

Play better.100% true

churchinski
09-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Put a sock in it, hes been saying this type of **** for the last three seasons.. whats his record?it's not very good

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Trying is for pansies. Winners do.

:scratch:

And what? Winners don't try? Or is it just pansies who try?