• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Time to go hunting for running backs

(March 19, 2003) -- The running back population is unlike any other position in the National Football League. Drafting a player that can help a team right away can come from anywhere, and teams have to be willing to look in those places.

An open mind, a keen eye for talent, the ability to ignore what school a guy went to, how tall he is, and maybe even if he didn't play more than a year or two are hurdles to get over. As one scout said to me, "The history of longshots is on a running back's side."

Two years ago, not a single team thought it needed to waste a draft pick on a kid named Dominic Rhodes from Midwestern State. So the Colts signed him after the draft. All the 5-foot-9, 200-pound rookie did was rush for 1,104 yards and nine touchdowns. He had another 580 yards in receptions and returns. A combined 1,684 of total yards is not bad for a guy who slipped through the cracks

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X