PDA

View Full Version : London Fletcher

Lone Stranger
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
It is interesting to note how well the Washington defense is performing. A player the Bills made no attempt to re-sign is making valuable contributions. Letting Fletcher go was a major off-season error. He was a good , if not great, linebacker, and a good leader as well. Something we seem to be lacking. In my opinion he still had 2-3 years left in the tank.

We could have concentrated on drafting a defensive lineman or cornerback and plugged that hole rather creating a hole by letting Fletcher go.

A lot of us want to put the blame for the current state of the team on Donohue but Marv and his cohorts aren't exactly excelling either.

By the way who is the common denominator for both regimes.....Modrak. How does he get off scott-free?

RockStar36
09-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I haven't really watched Washington.

What exactly has he done that has been so great?

patmoran2006
09-21-2007, 09:38 AM

More than stats, he has his guys lined up correctly. He's a true quarterback of the defense. I watched the entire monday night game with Philly and paid attention to Fletch and spikes all night long. Fletch looked worlds-apart better.

I thought at the time we needed to resign him, and I think even more so now it was a HUGE mistake to the defense to let him go.

Not to say that POZ was a mistake so if that's what the poster is insinuating I disagree.

If anything, POZ could've played the weak side and our LB play would be much more solid. THen maybe later in his career POZ could've always been moved to the middle.

Losing Clements was an obvious huge blow but there was no avoiding that given the contract he got. WIth Fletch, we could've afforded him and I guarentee our defense wouldn't be this sorry.

patmoran2006
09-21-2007, 09:39 AM
He also has 18 tackles in 2 games, which is pretty typical.

JJamezz
09-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I haven't watch the Skins either... but as for Modrak, I don't see your point.. Under Donohoe he was little more than an information gatherer (TD was GM and thus made the final decisions). I have no problem with the last 2 drafts, where Modrak has had significantly more input.. I think he's done very well.

Now, FA wise, that's another story.. John Guy blows.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't think Fletcher, Spikes or Mcgahee have particularly distinguished themselves. Posluszny and Lynch are major upgrades.

Pride
09-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Noone ever questioned his stats or his leadership. He made great plays 7 yards down field after being dragged by a RB from the line of scrimmage.

He's undersized, old, and slowing down. We needed a difference maker in the middle of a Cover 2 D... an urlacher.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2007, 09:42 AM
He also has 18 tackles in 2 games, which is pretty typical.
I think Poz has 21, so why the negativism?

RockStar36
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
This team could never win with those guys. Out with the old, in with the new.

The Answer
09-21-2007, 12:43 PM

It's not necessarily Fletcher, the addition of Landry has immediately transformed their secondary into one of the better groups in the league - and paired with The Assassin Sean Taylor they are a couple of ballas!

The Answer gives GW credit - he sucked as a head coach, but the guy is definitely one of the better Def coordinators in this league.

Don't sleep on Washington this year - they are definitely going to be making a lot of noise if their defense continues to play well and Campbell emerges as a top talent at the QB postion.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
09-21-2007, 12:47 PM
they played the eagles and the fins so far. Not hi Octane teams at the moment.

I doubt Fletcher would've made any difference with the way we're playing.

mchurchfie
09-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Fletch will probably start disappearing as the year wears on. Over the last couple of years his play seemed to diminish here as the year got later.

patmoran2006
09-21-2007, 12:51 PM
I think Poz has 21, so why the negativism?
Who was being negative and who said anything negative about POZ? Go back and reread what I said.

RockStar36
09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Upon further review....

I now 100% believe that Fletcher wouldn't help this defense. Out of all the problems this defense has, I don't think the LBs are really that much to blame.

Having Fletcher still on the team would just add a high salary, high profile name to the defense, not much else.

Out of all the FA's to leave the team I've never caught myself once saying, "Oh boy, I really miss Fletcher".

gr8slayer
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM

Come on man, they beat the Dolphins by one point, that take some serious talent.

/sarcasm

trapezeus
09-21-2007, 02:21 PM
It's not necessarily Fletcher, the addition of Landry has immediately transformed their secondary into one of the better groups in the league - and paired with The Assassin Sean Taylor they are a couple of ballas!

The Answer gives GW credit - he sucked as a head coach, but the guy is definitely one of the better Def coordinators in this league.

Don't sleep on Washington this year - they are definitely going to be making a lot of noise if their defense continues to play well and Campbell emerges as a top talent at the QB postion.

~The Answer

Yeah, don't sleep on teams playing well in the first two games of the season, people. anyone of those teams could actually keep it up and go on to win the superbowl. That's the tip, straight from the answer.

the bigger bolder statement would be to look at struggling teams like the saints and say, "they are going to figure their way out." you could even say that about the bills. but you don't because you are The Answer.

I also find it hilarious that you use the ~ sign. You are aware that the sign means "approximately" in mathematics, no? So you are approximately the answer. now, your posts start to make some sense.

HHURRICANE
09-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I watched Fletcher play and he has looked like the best of the FA's that have left.

Maybe he was a better fit in Washington. Their scheme probably fits him better.

Patti120
09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I saw highlights of Clements after last weeks game and it definitely made me miss him. (asking price was wayyy to high but damn he's looking good). I think he was voted defense player of the week on NFL Network.

HHURRICANE
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I saw highlights of Clements after last weeks game and it definitely made me miss him. (asking price was wayyy to high but damn he's looking good). I think he was voted defense player of the week on NFL Network.

Is anybody here starting to really hate Tampa 2, Perry Fewell, or Dick Jauron?

Philagape
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Our pathetic D-line would have made Urlacher look bad.

Philagape
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Is anybody here starting to really hate Tampa 2, Perry Fewell, or Dick Jauron?

I hate all coaches who try to force their schemes no matter what.

BillsFever21
09-22-2007, 01:59 AM
It is interesting to note how well the Washington defense is performing. A player the Bills made no attempt to re-sign is making valuable contributions. Letting Fletcher go was a major off-season error. He was a good , if not great, linebacker, and a good leader as well. Something we seem to be lacking. In my opinion he still had 2-3 years left in the tank.

We could have concentrated on drafting a defensive lineman or cornerback and plugged that hole rather creating a hole by letting Fletcher go.

A lot of us want to put the blame for the current state of the team on Donohue but Marv and his cohorts aren't exactly excelling either.

By the way who is the common denominator for both regimes.....Modrak. How does he get off scott-free?

Nope. The homers here(ones who think AFTER a player leaves they suck but when they were here were the best) say all of his tackles were just 15 yards down the field. :rolleyes:

Fletcher was the LEADING tackler in the NFL over the last 5 years as a Bill. You don't get that many tackles from being horrible and 15 yards down the field.

That is just the dumbest logic there could ever be anyway. What percentage of LB's tackles in the NFL are for a loss? Go check the stats. Maybe 10% for a great player.

YardRat
09-22-2007, 06:07 AM
I hope Fletcher continues to do well, but I'm happy with the change. Poz is the future, and that's what we're playing for now.