PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that Fairchild isn't to blame?

The Answer
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
The Answer would like to reinterate a very important point - Jauron is the head coach, and as we know a defensive minded guy. If you look at his track record going back to chicago, his offenses have never been 'entertaining' or scored a lot of points. In fact they pretty much match his personality - boring and predicatble.

The Answer has been concerned all along that the 'ball control/grind it out' mentality of Jauron would conflict big time with Fairchild's 'greatest show on turf' roots. And The Answer questioned this match to begin with when he had a chance to scout this offense in person during his whirldwind tour this summer.

So you really have to wonder if it's Jauron who's dictating a majority of the calls - and you have to believe that at this point we need to start throwing the ball early and often in games so we can take leads and tee off on defense. At some point (NOW) Jauron has to realize we don't have the talent on defense to attempt to grind it out with our running game and play these bland low scoring games. Because if we don't open the playbook - it's not going to matter who's starting at QB.

Any thoughts on this?

~The Answer

Wraith
09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Fairchild doesn't have "Greatest Show on Turf" roots. The only thing he did to that era of offense for the Rams was help take it apart. He was the Bills runningbacks coach during the glory days of the Rams offense and only called the plays for the Rams for a half a season during Martz's final year with team, during which the team ran more than they passed for the first time in ages.

patmoran2006
09-21-2007, 12:31 PM
"You're either part of the problem, or you're part of the solution"

Fairchild is part of the problem.. but my no means, is he the ONLY Problem. Hell almost anyone invoved with the Bills right now is part of the problem.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2007, 12:34 PM
It's time to stop blaming the coaching, Mularkey, Williams, Gray, Clements, Phillips, Fairchild, Jauron, Lebeau, McNally, Gilbride, Wyche, etc... and time to start blaming the talent on the field.

Coaches are only as good as the talent around them.

The Answer
09-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Fairchild doesn't have "Greatest Show on Turf" roots. The only thing he did to that era of offense for the Rams was help take it apart. He was the Bills runningbacks coach during the glory days of the Rams offense and only called the plays for the Rams for a half a season during Martz's final year with team, during which the team ran more than they passed for the first time in ages.

The Answer understands that - but he still came from the GSOT farm under and evil offensive genius like Martz - guy worked wonders with Marc Bulger and turned him into one of the best (and most underrated) QB's in the nfl.

Make no mistake about it - The Answer is still holding Fairchild accountable, but The Answer's intuition tells him that the root of the problem is Richard Jauron and his lackluster coaching.

~The Answer

The Answer
09-21-2007, 12:37 PM
It's time to stop blaming the coaching, Mularkey, Williams, Gray, Clements, Phillips, Fairchild, Jauron, Lebeau, McNally, Gilbride, Wyche, etc... and time to start blaming the talent on the field.

Or in the case of New England - they are as good as the cheating bastards videotaping for them.

~The Answer

acehole
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Juron does not seem to dictate anything...just sits there like a sleestack...with that blank stare....

The Answer would like to reinterate a very important point - Jauron is the head coach, and as we know a defensive minded guy. If you look at his track record going back to chicago, his offenses have never been 'entertaining' or scored a lot of points. In fact they pretty much match his personality - boring and predicatble.

The Answer has been concerned all along that the 'ball control/grind it out' mentality of Jauron would conflict big time with Fairchild's 'greatest show on turf' roots. And The Answer questioned this match to begin with when he had a chance to scout this offense in person during his whirldwind tour this summer.

So you really have to wonder if it's Jauron who's dictating a majority of the calls - and you have to believe that at this point we need to start throwing the ball early and often in games so we can take leads and tee off on defense. At some point (NOW) Jauron has to realize we don't have the talent on defense to attempt to grind it out with our running game and play these bland low scoring games. Because if we don't open the playbook - it's not going to matter who's starting at QB.

Any thoughts on this?

~The Answer

OpIv37
09-21-2007, 01:11 PM
If Jauron's dictating the calls, it's because he doesn't think Fairchild can handle it- ie, it's still Fairchild's fault, at least partially.

And btw, it's BOTH coaching and talent. There's no excuse for us as fans to be able to sit in our living room and call the offensive plays, and there's no excuse for the on-the field performance for players like JP.

And don't give me that "They're playing conservative because they don't trust JP" crap. What they're doing isn't working and at this point the coaches should have the nads to put JP in a position to sink or swim on his own merit instead of trying to compensate for him.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Or in the case of New England - they are as good as the cheating bastards videotaping for them.

~The Answer

Would it really matter that much if B.B. was the coach of the current Bills team?

SABURZFAN
09-21-2007, 02:55 PM

the Lickers will blame the coaches to no end this year.

raphael120
09-21-2007, 03:24 PM

I think you blame the guy at the top that's kept this team a losing franchise. Good ol' Ralphie. He's the one that hired that who's who of crap that coached the Bills.

churchinski
09-21-2007, 04:19 PM
true

churchinski
09-21-2007, 04:20 PM
true

mybills
09-23-2007, 07:12 PM
RIGHTFULLY SO! :up:

HHURRICANE
09-23-2007, 07:35 PM

I'm thinking that they are to blame.

Michael82
09-24-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm thinking that they are to blame.
Finally, you see the light! It's not all JP's fault! It's this horrid coaching staff! :ill: :puke:

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 01:03 AM
listen we can all agree our playcalling has been horrid so how can we judge the talent. ive yet to see JP be allowed to gun sling im also yet to see edwards gun sling.

i know for a fact neither will be allowed to when we basically run 4 sets all game long and run wr sreens or bombs out of these sets.

i know its not that simple but get sunday ticket and ull see we by far have the worst playcalling in the league bar NONE and i mean no one calls a game as conservatively or as unimaginative as us.

IM NOT BEING A JP HOMER IM BEING A BILLS HOMER I WANT TO SEE US ATTEMPT BEING AN NFL TEAM. thats all i ask.

if we gonna lose by 20 or 30 on a weekly basis why not do it while taking some chances.

i think the bills are more interested in not turning the ball over then trying to score and that is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF AND ORGANIZATION IS TO BLAME if they didnt think these players on O was good enough then why do we have them at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
09-24-2007, 08:21 AM
listen we can all agree our playcalling has been horrid so how can we judge the talent. ive yet to see JP be allowed to gun sling im also yet to see edwards gun sling.

i know for a fact neither will be allowed to when we basically run 4 sets all game long and run wr sreens or bombs out of these sets.

i know its not that simple but get sunday ticket and ull see we by far have the worst playcalling in the league bar NONE and i mean no one calls a game as conservatively or as unimaginative as us.

IM NOT BEING A JP HOMER IM BEING A BILLS HOMER I WANT TO SEE US ATTEMPT BEING AN NFL TEAM. thats all i ask.

if we gonna lose by 20 or 30 on a weekly basis why not do it while taking some chances.

i think the bills are more interested in not turning the ball over then trying to score and that is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF AND ORGANIZATION IS TO BLAME if they didnt think these players on O was good enough then why do we have them at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell, their longest pass play of the season is 22-yards! That's ****ing pathetic!!! :mad: :puke: