PDA

View Full Version : Bill-ieeve!

CSFAN
09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Tedy Bruschi called their game against the Chargers the "biggest game" of his life. Now THAT is saying something.

They played like it, too. Moss makes their offense a little scary, but don't forget that this is essentially the same team that was looking pretty old at the end of last year. They are absolutely NOT unbeatable, and the Bills have much more to play for this week than the Pats do. There are jobs on the line with the Bills this week.

I don't necessarily think that means we'll win, but I'd give us a 30-40% shot right now. We're not as bad as we look, and they're not as good as they look. It's a do-or-die game for us, and a blip in the march to the Superbowl for them.

Bills 24
Patriots 20

OpIv37
09-21-2007, 01:49 PM
we're not as bad as we look- we're worse. This team is HORRIBLE and has given us no reasons for optimism whatsoever. NE has looked great so far in two games- one against a mediore opponent and one against a good opponent. What reason do you have for saying they're not as good as they look?

DMBcrew36
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
we're not as bad as we look- we're worse. This team is HORRIBLE and has given us no reasons for optimism whatsoever. NE has looked great so far in two games- one against a mediore opponent and one against a good opponent. What reason do you have for saying they're not as good as they look?

I agree. I'm all for optimism, but it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to be optimistic with this team. I try to look for positives but I can't find any - except for special teams. Watching the game against Pittsburgh was painful.

justasportsfan
09-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Bills 24
Patriots 20

Playoffs baby!!!!! ;)

CSFAN
09-21-2007, 02:00 PM
We are simply not as bad on offense as we have looked. We HAVE seen glimpses of the line doing the job it is supposed to do. A lot of our shortcoming so far has simply been execution, particularly in the passing game. This is not a small thing, and I'm one of those that is starting to lose faith in Losman, but he HAS shown that he's capable of better. The 1st 2 games were like 2005 games for him.

As for the Pats, Adalius is great, and so is Moss, but aside from those 2, this is basically the same team as last year, which could look either great or pretty average, if you'll recall. Brady was absolutely lights out last week. Can he be lights out every week? Maybe, but it's not likely.

devour
09-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Tedy Bruschi called their game against the Chargers the "biggest game" of his life. Now THAT is saying something.

They played like it, too. Moss makes their offense a little scary, but don't forget that this is essentially the same team that was looking pretty old at the end of last year. They are absolutely NOT unbeatable, and the Bills have much more to play for this week than the Pats do. There are jobs on the line with the Bills this week.

I don't necessarily think that means we'll win, but I'd give us a 30-40% shot right now. We're not as bad as we look, and they're not as good as they look. It's a do-or-die game for us, and a blip in the march to the Superbowl for them.

Bills 24
Patriots 20

Nothing wrong with having a some faith in your team. You sir, have my respect. I too think the Bills are not as bad as they look. An upset is unlikely, but the score should be close.

raphael120
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
If we feed the ball to Lynch every single play, we might have a chance to stay in this game. its the whole when we need to pass thing that makes me shaky.

trapezeus
09-21-2007, 02:14 PM
i've dreamt up my ideal scenario of a win for sunday. i'm in boston at a friends place. i hope to leave his place by doing snow angels on his living room floor.

justasportsfan
09-21-2007, 02:15 PM
If we feed the ball to Lynch every single play, we might have a chance to stay in this game. .
this is absurd.

OpIv37
09-21-2007, 02:15 PM
We are simply not as bad on offense as we have looked. We HAVE seen glimpses of the line doing the job it is supposed to do. A lot of our shortcoming so far has simply been execution, particularly in the passing game. This is not a small thing, and I'm one of those that is starting to lose faith in Losman, but he HAS shown that he's capable of better. The 1st 2 games were like 2005 games for him.

As for the Pats, Adalius is great, and so is Moss, but aside from those 2, this is basically the same team as last year, which could look either great or pretty average, if you'll recall. Brady was absolutely lights out last week. Can he be lights out every week? Maybe, but it's not likely.
good points- Brady might not be able to be lights out every week but he doesn't have to be in order to beat our injury-riddled D (that was pretty bad even before the injuries).

I just don't see a lot of reason for hope in this game- even if Losman gets the passing game clicking, NE's got a hell of a D and it will be tough to keep up with Brady, Moss and Maroney.

raphael120
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
this is absurd.
As many times as the passing game did. :up:

OpIv37
this is absurd. How many times did out runnng game fail to get a 1st down?

I find this really puzzling because Lynch was tearing off 8 yard runs on first down then failing to convert on 2nd and 2 or 3rd and 2.

G Wolly
Bills 17
Pats 12

C'mon people, life for our Bills isn't over just yet!

raphael120
09-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I find this really puzzling because Lynch was tearing off 8 yard runs on first down then failing to convert on 2nd and 2 or 3rd and 2.
Because the opposition knows it has a better chance guessing run in short down situations, knowing that even if the Bills pass, that JP won't get it done.

The passing game is not a threat aside from Evans. You CAN take both Evans AND Lynch out at the same time.

OpIv37
Bills 17
Pats 12

C'mon people, life for our Bills isn't over just yet!

12? Win or lose there is no way the Pats only score 12.

BTW, we couldn't put up 17 on Pitt or Denver- what makes you think we can do it against NE?

justasportsfan
not everytime.

It's simple common sense that you have to have a balance. Just because the passing game isn't working doesn't mean we have to give it all up.

CSFAN
09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
"I just don't see a lot of reason for hope in this game- even if Losman gets the passing game clicking, NE's got a hell of a D and it will be tough to keep up with Brady, Moss and Maroney."

No question that New England has the better team. The hope I have (which is still less than 50% chance) is based a lot on it being a letdown game for NE, and a must-win for us. Even with that, and our best execution to date, we'll still need to win the battle of the breaks & turnovers.

I just don't think it's hopeless, at all. It's a division game, and we're coming out w/ our backs to the wall. It's going to be closer than people think.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
I agree, man. We still got a shot. I'd be very surprised if we pulled this one out but hey, there is always hope.

mybills
09-21-2007, 04:06 PM
i've dreamt up my ideal scenario of a win for sunday. i'm in boston at a friends place. i hope to leave his place by doing snow angels on his living room floor.
You have my deepest sympathies. In fact, I have more sympathy for you, than the Bills. They don't need any, they're not even staying in MA when they play NE. They'll be in RI. :phew: