PDA

View Full Version : Holy cripes..

Tatonka
09-21-2007, 11:45 PM
so a buddy calls me today that i havent talked to in about 6 months.. he works at Philip Morris. He called to invite me to a birthday party.. im thinking, ok.. i need to catch up with my friend anyway..

then he tells me the party is for Ray Kelly and it dawns on me why he called. The party is at Jim Kelly's 5 million dollar mansion here in Richmond, VA. Jim is apparently throwing a surprise party for Ray.

My friend works with Pat, the oldest brother, who set it all up, and he invited my friend, who got the ok to bring me.

I have to say.. I am incredibly excited. Its tomorrow night at 7pm.

:cheers:

Ebenezer
09-21-2007, 11:48 PM
awesome!!

Tatonka
09-21-2007, 11:59 PM
i have seen photos of his home.. it is enormous.. it is for sale right now
i have no idea who else might be there other than jim and his brothers, but i am excited.

clumping platelets
09-22-2007, 12:00 AM
<----------Jealous :(

Have fun :D

Tatonka
09-22-2007, 12:06 AM
i just looked it up.. his home was just reduced in price. 2.7 mill.

here is the link..

it is the very last house on the list at the very bottom.

http://www.chesdin.com/homesforsalerichmondva.html

Night Train
09-22-2007, 04:32 AM
At 7:30 , I'm calling in a drug raid.

YardRat
09-22-2007, 05:40 AM
:beers:

mybills
09-22-2007, 06:53 AM
LUCKY YOU! :D

here is the link..

If you have to pull a Mikey, it's got 10 toilets to choose from. :up:

shelby
09-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Nice...have fun T!

Cntrygal
09-22-2007, 07:28 AM
:faint:

Too cool!!!!

DraftBoy
09-22-2007, 08:38 AM
pimp the Billszone!

Mitchy moo
09-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Hopefully you'll be celebrating the Bills win.:cheers:

JD
09-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Dude SNEAK US IN! I'll drive down and get ****faced! HAHA

Tatonka
09-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Hopefully you'll be celebrating the Bills win.:cheers:

im going tonight.. so unless he has a crystal ball at his mansion, it will be tough to celebrate a win... lol.

i will try and get some photos of the house and stuff.. but i am going to have to be ultra respectful about it.. this is not a fan thing.. this is a birthday party for his brother that a coworker is taking me to.. i am sure the majority of people there may not even be bills fans, or even football fans in general... i really have no idea who might be there..

but if the setting is right.. i will discuss the billszone and get some photos.

Tatonka
09-22-2007, 02:54 PM
At 7:30 , I'm calling in a drug raid.

if you do that, your going on the ignore list!!!

:couch:

im4bflo
09-22-2007, 04:15 PM
"CRIKEY" :beer: have a great time, be cool, and represent :up:

Mr. Cynical
09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
im going tonight.. so unless he has a crystal ball at his mansion, it will be tough to celebrate a win... lol.

i will try and get some photos of the house and stuff.. but i am going to have to be ultra respectful about it.. this is not a fan thing.. this is a birthday party for his brother that a coworker is taking me to.. i am sure the majority of people there may not even be bills fans, or even football fans in general... i really have no idea who might be there..

but if the setting is right.. i will discuss the billszone and get some photos.

NICE dude! That's effing awesome. It must be tough for Jimbo - I'm sure he gets pelted by the same questions a million times every year and he has to be cool about it.

Post some pics! :)

PECKERWOOD
09-22-2007, 10:07 PM

here is the link..

See ya there!

TigerJ
09-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Hope he isn't doing any upper deckers while he's there.

PECKERWOOD
09-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Hope he isn't doing any upper deckers while he's there.

:rofl:

jamze132
09-23-2007, 03:33 AM
It's good that Jimbo is selling his home. That way he has more money to help buy the Bills and rescue us from Hell. :krusty: :pray:

Tatonka
09-23-2007, 10:51 AM
i got back last night at about 2am.. and the party was still raging on. we got there at 7 though and i was exhausted.

my friend took me, my best friend, who is a bills fan, and my wife.

i have to say.. the whole thing was incredibly sureal.. incredibly.. i mean to watch a guy since he was a young player and pull for him every game for that many years.. then to be in his house.. with his family.. anyways.. i will try not to babble.. but clearly it was a night that i will remember forever.

- the house is phenominal. 16,000 sf. it is mostly empty, because he is selling it. i think actually he has a buyer. i overheard someone saying he was closing next week. it is as nice as any house in this area.

- as many of you know.. there is 6 boys in the kelly family. The ones that were there.. Pat, and his kids, Ray, and his kids and wife, Jim, by himself, and Kevin, with the whole family. Mr. kelly, their father was also there.. he looked great for an old gentleman. every single one of them was extremely friendly. the mood there was great.

- there were only about 50-75 people there tops. people mainly stayed in the bar room or at the bar at the pool all night. it was a pretty confined party and jim and his brothers were within a few feet all night.

- I spoke to jim on several occassions, but only very briefly each time. clearly when he is in town, the party gravitates around him and his family. i got a great photos of jim, trever (my friend) and i. i am waiting for my friend to email it to me now. i will post some of the photos shortly.

- i did have a long conversation with ray kelly about the bills. Pat seemed to feel that the franchise is in decent shape. he said it is too early to tell if it is jp or fairchild that is the problem.. he said it may be both.. he said either way, if the production is not there, losman will not be back.. not surprising.. he is a huge lynch fan already. same with Pos. a lot of what he was saying is the same stuff most common fans here have been saying.

- one interesting note.. i asked him about levy.. he just kind of rolled his eyes.. so i said "figurehead?".. he said he wouldnt go that far.. but he said he didnt feel real comfortable with the way that whole thing was working currently. he said that the thing that really bothers his is the money they left on the table with the salary cap. He said they could have spent money on Rice late.. for 3-4 million.. there is no way he wouldnt help.. he said we made no attempt to trade for bly.. and he said one other guy, but i cant remember who he pointed out.. he said he just doesnt understand.. ralph is getting older.. even if buffalo is not going to be in buffalo long term.. it just doesnt make any sense to him that he wouldnt make more of an effort to suppliment the draft with key free agents. he clearly doesnt have confidence that the organization is trying to get it done. pat is clearly a frustrated fan like the rest of us. the last thing he said before he left was that he prays losman gets it, because if he doesnt.. it sets us back years.. but he was happy with what he saw from edwards in the preseason.. again.. nothing the average fan didnt thingk.

- they did a roast on Ray, w/ a power point presentation on a big screen... pretty graphic and foul, but it was hillarious. after that jim got up there and cracked a couple jokes.. then the whole room toasted their mother, who passed a few years back... they toasted her and mr. kelly for raising 6 boys who were all successful and doing well.. jim also said that ray never missed bills games.. and he said back when i played.. i could throw for 300 yards.. 3 tds.. and 1 int.. and he would see ray after the game and ray would say "nice interception, you jackass... i told you to audible". the room what dying laughing.

- i then ran into kevin kelly down at the pool bar.. i commented on his nice ring.. thinking it was a college ring.. he took it off and handed it to me.. it was the superbowl 28 ring that jim gave to kevin.. it said kelly on it.. 4 huge diamonds for the 4 superbowls.. and weighed about 10 lbs.. it was sick.. my buddy took a picture of me drooling over it.

- kevins only real comment about the bills, was that he would take new england minus 17 all day and all night.. then he asked my wife if she was "really" committed to me.. my wife laughed (probably considered saying no) and then said, yes, sorry.. he shook my hand, poored us all shots.. and went back inside.

- when we went to leave.. i went over to jim and said thanks for having us and he asked if i was ok to drive.. i said i was fine.. he offered to have a DD drive us home.. i refused and said thank you again.. he said it was a pleasure to meet me and he was glad me and my wife were there to celebrate the special night. He shook my hand and said go bills.

- im sure i will think of a couple other things that happened.. but overall.. incredible night.

i will post photos soon.

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 10:54 AM
It's good to have friends in high places! Have fun!

I made a reverse Garth Brooks joke. LOL!

:krusty:

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 11:00 AM
i got back last night at about 2am.. and the party was still raging on. we got there at 7 though and i was exhausted.

i have to say.. the whole thing was incredibly sureal.. incredibly.. i mean to watch a guy since he was a young player and pull for him every game for that many years.. then to be in his house.. with his family.. anyways.. i will try not to babble.. but clearly it was a night that i will remember forever.

- the house is phenominal. 16,000 sf. it is mostly empty, because he is selling it. i think actually he has a buyer. i overheard someone saying he was closing next week. it is as nice as any house in this area.

- as many of you know.. there is 6 boys in the kelly family. The ones that were there.. Pat, and his kids, Ray, and his kids and wife, Jim, by himself, and Kevin, with the whole family. Mr. kelly, their father was also there.. he looked great for an old gentleman. every single one of them was extremely friendly. the mood there was great.

- there were only about 50-75 people there tops. people mainly stayed in the bar room or at the bar at the pool all night. it was a pretty confined party and jim and his brothers were within a few feet all night.

- I spoke to jim on several occassions, but only very briefly each time. clearly when he is in town, the party gravitates around him and his family. i got a great photos of jim, trever (my friend) and i. i am waiting for my friend to email it to me now. i will post some of the photos shortly.

- i did have a long conversation with ray kelly about the bills. Pat seemed to feel that the franchise is in decent shape. he said it is too early to tell if it is jp or fairchild that is the problem.. he said it may be both.. he said either way, if the production is not there, losman will not be back.. not surprising.. he is a huge lynch fan already. same with Pos. a lot of what he was saying is the same stuff most common fans here have been saying.

- one interesting note.. i asked him about levy.. he just kind of rolled his eyes.. so i said "figurehead?".. he said he wouldnt go that far.. but he said he didnt feel real comfortable with the way that whole thing was working currently. he said that the thing that really bothers his is the money they left on the table with the salary cap. He said they could have spent money on Rice late.. for 3-4 million.. there is no way he wouldnt help.. he said we made no attempt to trade for bly.. and he said one other guy, but i cant remember who he pointed out.. he said he just doesnt understand.. ralph is getting older.. even if buffalo is not going to be in buffalo long term.. it just doesnt make any sense to him that he wouldnt make more of an effort to suppliment the draft with key free agents. he clearly doesnt have confidence that the organization is trying to get it done. pat is clearly a frustrated fan like the rest of us. the last thing he said before he left was that he prays losman gets it, because if he doesnt.. it sets us back years.. but he was happy with what he saw from edwards in the preseason.. again.. nothing the average fan didnt thingk.

- they did a roast on Ray, w/ a power point presentation on a big screen... pretty graphic and foul, but it was hillarious. after that jim got up there and cracked a couple jokes.. then the whole room toasted their mother, who passed a few years back... they toasted her and mr. kelly for raising 6 boys who were all successful and doing well.. jim also said that ray never missed bills games.. and he said back when i played.. i could throw for 300 yards.. 3 tds.. and 1 int.. and he would see ray after the game and ray would say "nice interception, you jackass... i told you to audible". the room what dying laughing.

- i then ran into kevin kelly down at the pool bar.. i commented on his nice ring.. thinking it was a college ring.. he took it off and handed it to me.. it was the superbowl 28 ring that jim gave to kevin.. it said kelly on it.. 4 huge diamonds for the 4 superbowls.. and weighed about 10 lbs.. it was sick.. my buddy took a picture of me drooling over it.

- kevins only real comment about the bills, was that he would take new england minus 17 all day and all night.. then he asked my wife if she was "really" committed to me.. my wife laughed (probably considered saying no) and then said, yes, sorry.. he shook my hand, poored us all shots.. and went back inside.

- when we went to leave.. i went over to jim and said thanks for having us and he asked if i was ok to drive.. i said i was fine.. he offered to have a DD drive us home.. i refused and said thank you again.. he said it was a pleasure to meet me and he was glad me and my wife were there to celebrate the special night. He shook my hand and said go bills.

- im sure i will think of a couple other things that happened.. but overall.. incredible night.

i will post photos soon.

The thing about Pat's thoughts about Marv bothers me. He is a figurehead and you know that Ralph's a control freak and he'll put anyone he can control employed at 1 Bills Drive. Criticize if you like but that's the absolute and sad truth. You can't win like that in today's NFL. You have to hire people that can get the job done,personality issues aside.

Tatonka
09-23-2007, 11:01 AM
It's good to have friends in high places! Have fun!

I made a reverse Garth Brooks joke. LOL!

:krusty:

read to post above yours.. the fun was already had.

and jim sang friends in low placed on the karaoke machine too.. it was pretty bad!

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 11:02 AM
read to post above yours.. the fun was already had.

and jim sang friends in low placed on the karaoke machine too.. it was pretty bad!

Cool! :biggrin:

Tatonka
09-23-2007, 11:03 AM
The thing about Ray's statement about Marv bothers me. He is a figure head and you know that Ralph's a control freak and he'll put anyone he can control
employed at 1 Bills Drive. Criticize if you like but that's the absolute and sad truth. You can't win like that in today's NFL. You have to hire people that can get the job done,personality issues aside.

it was pat that was talking about that with.. ray was hammered.. lol

but yeah.. i got the impression that pat was clearly not impressed with levy. he said "i dont know what is going on there".

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 11:03 AM
:hail: tatonka

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
it was pat that was talking about that with.. ray was hammered.. lol

but yeah.. i got the impression that pat was clearly not impressed with levy. he said "i dont know what is going on there".

Thanks for the correction. I'll fix it.

:biggrin:

Michael82
09-23-2007, 11:22 AM

i will post photos soon.
man, I am so jealous! I would have killed to be at an event like that. :drool:

Thanks for the cool story! :up:

Michael82
09-23-2007, 11:24 AM
The thing about Pat's thoughts about Marv bothers me. He is a figure head and you know that Ralph's a control freak and he'll put anyone he can control employed at 1 Bills Drive. Criticize if you like but that's the absolute and sad truth. You can't win like that in today's NFL. You have to hire people that can get the job done,personality issues aside.
That bothers me too. I was always wondering if he was brought on to be the "face" of the team and doesn't really have a say behind the scenes, and it appears that is probably true. I wonder if that means that Modrak and Guy are the idiots running this team. If that's the case, then both of them should be fired, or at least John Guy. He's the pro personnel guy. He decides what FAs we sign and all that. :ill:

Tatonka
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
here are the photos i promised. im the tool in the brown shirt. the second photo is me looking at jims superbowl 28 ring with my wife.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dd65f990b00000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dd652183600000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

The Spaz
09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Jim looks a little "lit" in that picture to me...lol.

Tatonka
09-23-2007, 11:41 PM
here is jim sitting next to the birthday boy, ray. they both had a few drinks at this point.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dfc67181600000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

here is my friend and I behind the bar in the sports room.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dfcf3188200000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

this is a photo of kevin kelly, who was the one wearing the superbowl ring of jims. hell of a nice guy.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dfc8b18fa00000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

hammerbillsfan
09-23-2007, 11:52 PM
cool pics! :up:

Tatonka
09-24-2007, 01:50 AM
i wish the photo of me with jim came out better.. if it wasnt blurry, i was going to get it blown up and framed to put in my bar.. but i may do that anyway.

LtFinFan66
09-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Cool stuff T

shelby
09-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Frame it anyway!

Very cool, thanks for sharing the pics.

blackonyx89
09-24-2007, 06:06 AM
here are the photos i promised. im the tool in the brown shirt. the second photo is me looking at jims superbowl 28 ring with my wife.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dd65f990b00000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d702b3127ccebd7dd652183600000026101IaM2rJm4Y8

Suweeeeet!!!

Cntrygal
05-29-2010, 09:36 AM
bumpity bump!!!