PDA

View Full Version : If we're down 40 points at the half...

RedEyE
09-22-2007, 09:01 AM
...what would it possibly hurt to throw Edwards in the ring? Depening on how the outcome transpired, I can't say that I would feel any remorse towards Losman being benched in lieu of the situation.

And besides, giving Trent reps with the 1st squad might give the Bills staff a better idea of where things are breaking down on offense.

Personally, I hope Losman comes out and tears it up tomorrow.

Realistically, I don't see that happening.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2007, 09:17 AM
the power of positive thinking.

Night Train
09-22-2007, 09:18 AM
If we are down big at the half, it will be due to Brady, Maroney and Moss having a playground day against the defense.

Then they can just tee off at QB and Edwards can't move like Losman. They probably would just run and throw short, no matter what.

raphael120
09-22-2007, 09:45 AM
If we go to Trent late in the game, I think you have to stay with him for the rest of the season. Think about it...it would be the second time this kid has been benched, well, I guess third time, I forget how many times JP got pulled during Mularkey. But he will officially be shot, confidence-wise.

If they make a move, theyre going to have to follow through with it.

shelby
09-22-2007, 09:52 AM
:no:
Losman is our QB, period.
At least until the bye week.

Michael82
09-22-2007, 10:15 AM
:no:
Losman is our QB, period.
At least until the bye week.
EXACTLY! Good post! :bf1:

DraftBoy
09-22-2007, 10:20 AM
What good does it do? Edwards playing against more 2nd team scrubs isnt going to change anything, will be the same thing as in preseason. Kid shouldnt see the field as a starter till around week 10 imo

Michael82
09-22-2007, 10:22 AM
What good does it do? Edwards playing against more 2nd team scrubs isnt going to change anything, will be the same thing as in preseason. Kid shouldnt see the field as a starter till around week 10 imo
I was thinking between week 9-12. Good post! :bf1:

We all know that this is not a playoff team, I'm not ready to shake things up and officially throw another 1st round draft pick out the window before I give him a chance to show his stuff without being handcuffed by the playcalling. I also find it hard to believe that he just got this lousy after one offseason. He was starting to turn it around and look good last year.

DraftBoy
09-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I was thinking between week 8-12. Good post! :bf1:

We all know that this is not a playoff team, I'm not ready to shake things up and officially throw another 1st round draft pick out the window before I give him a chance to show his stuff without being handcuffed by the playcalling. I also find it hard to believe that he just got this lousy after one offseason. He was starting to turn it around and look good last year.

Thats not what I said at all, I dont think Losman has it, I dont think he has the mental capability to do the job. He shocked me last season but reverted back to his old form this year. I only say Losman should be the starter because the point is to win games and as sad as it is he is still the best option to do that.

Michael82
09-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Thats not what I said at all, I dont think Losman has it, I dont think he has the mental capability to do the job. He shocked me last season but reverted back to his old form this year. I only say Losman should be the starter because the point is to win games and as sad as it is he is still the best option to do that.
okay, i guess we didn't agree. Either way, I don't want the rookie QB to see the field until at least week 9, preferably week 12.

shelby
09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Or not at all.

You can't give up on JP after 2 games. That's ridiculous.

OpIv37
09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Edwards should NOT see the field this week unless JP gets hurt. NE is too good and will tee off on him and destroy his confidence.

This has nothing to do with whether or not JP deserves to be in there- it has to do with protecting Edwards and developing him properly. We can't throw him to the wolves against NE in their house.

Michael82
09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Or not at all.

Exactly! :hi5:

OpIv37
09-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Or not at all.

well, actually, it's not two games. I believe this week will be his 27th start (8 in 05 before he was pulled, all 16 last year and Sunday will be his 3rd game this year). So it's much closer to two whole seasons than it is to two games.

I don't know why people seem to think that nothing that happened before this season started actually counts.

gr8slayer
09-22-2007, 11:27 AM
It's J.P's job to lose.

Novacane
09-22-2007, 12:00 PM
And that's exactly what he's doing

G. Host
09-22-2007, 12:36 PM
If we are down big at the half, it will be due to Brady, Maroney and Moss having a playground day against the defense.

Or it could be 4 interceptions by offense. Blaming it on defense is determining what is wrong without watching game; that is sort of like some media personalities.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Whatever happened to putting the other guy in for a spark?

JP plays like crap, pull him out, let the kid play. Send a message to JP that his piss poor play and execution is not and will be accepted. By leaving him out there while he completely sucks is saying "whatever you do, it doesn't matter, you're still the QB."

Then you go into the Jets game and let JP start. If he flounders pull him out again for Edwards. Repeat this process for a few weeks, if after a few weeks period of time you see no progress in JP...you outright bench him and let Edwards start.

Maybe JP will then produce when he's shown a little adversity. Which any good athlete will shine in the face of adversity. If he crumbles, which I'm sure will be most people's argument against doing this. "oh we can't do this to JP it will damage his psyche." Then he doesn't deserve to be a starting QB at the NFL level anyways.

patmoran2006
09-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Its pretty sad this franchise is so pathetic the convo doesnt even center around if Losman should get benched anymore; but WHEN it will happen.

Sad, sad, sad

SABURZFAN
09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
leave Losman in there.we don't want the Lickers using the excuse that he got yanked from the game and didn't have a fair shot.

YardRat
09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Edwards should see playing time in any game that's a blowout, regardless of which end the team is on. Give him some experience before he's expected to carry the full load, whether that comes about via replacing JP in the starting line-up, Losman getting injured, or whatever.

gr8slayer
09-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Edwards should see playing time in any game that's a blowout, regardless of which end the team is on. Give him some experience before he's expected to carry the full load, whether that comes about via replacing JP in the starting line-up, Losman getting injured, or whatever.
I still don't think there's ever a good reason to play your rookie QB in his first year. Let him sit down and learn and that's it.

Michael82
09-22-2007, 02:53 PM
leave Losman in there.we don't want the Lickers using the excuse that he got yanked from the game and didn't have a fair shot.
Quit calling Losman supporters lickers! That's a personal attack and if you keep it up, you will get a warning.

G. Host
09-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Quit calling Losman supporters lickers! That's a personal attack and if you keep it up, you will get a warning.
:no: People called Flutie fans flakes and no one was warned. Objections were made to being called a homer :homer: and no one gets warned. Lots of names made regarding those who support Bledsoe and Holcomb. Only thing special about Losman is the :shortbus: he rides to game and I'll support him as long as he is the Bills QB.