PDA

View Full Version : Well if the Bills season does end up in the toilet I sure hope...

Devin
09-22-2007, 03:41 PM
....we get a shot at Glenn Dorsey.

Talk about a monster, that guy is wreaking some serious havoc against South Carolina.

He reminds me of Tommie Harris back in his OU days. Just nasty man.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-22-2007, 04:25 PM
IF?

Mahdi
09-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Talk about a monster, that guy is wreaking some serious havoc against South Carolina.

Dorsey would drastically improve this D. We dont have to have the #1 pick to get him. Depends who's ahead of us. DT is not a need for everyone.

OpIv37
09-22-2007, 06:29 PM
he'll get taken one pick ahead of ours. Marv will panic and take someone who should be a mid- 2nd rounder at best.

casdhf
09-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Right, like he did with Marshawn Lynch. Great logic, Op.

B-DON
09-22-2007, 06:43 PM
If we have a shot at Dorsey and dont pick him, I will officially go to one bills drive and pack marv's bags for him.

OpIv37
09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Right, like he did with Marshawn Lynch. Great logic, Op.

I was thinking more like what he did with Donte Whitner. You could also make some parallels with what he did with McCargo and Poz.

You know, you're really starting to piss me off. You NEVER add anything to the discussion, yet you like to stick your head up and make half- assed, sarcastic responses to my post that aren't even grounded in reality 90% of the time. Try adding something rather than just criticizing all the time.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2007, 06:50 PM
If we're high enough to get Dorsey, it means we're high enough to get Brohm, Henne or Brennan. I highly doubt we pass on one of those 3 if we're picking top 5.

Either we stunk with JP playing all year and we have no clue what Trent has. Therefore, we're stuck needing a QB. Or Trent comes in and sucks and we need a QB anyways.

I don't know we pass up one of those QBs if they're available when we're picking.

Ickybaluky
09-22-2007, 07:31 PM
If we're high enough to get Dorsey, it means we're high enough to get Brohm, Henne or Brennan. I highly doubt we pass on one of those 3 if we're picking top 5.

You only pick a QB that high if he is worth being drafted that high. Other than Brohm, I'm not sure those guys qualify.

Also, I think Matt Ryan of BC is better than all those guys. The only guy who might be better than Ryan is Brohm, and that is arguable.

Devin
09-22-2007, 07:44 PM
If we have a shot at Dorsey and dont pick him, I will officially go to one bills drive and pack marv's bags for him.

I'd help.

Night Train
09-22-2007, 07:44 PM

Agreed.

He would have been a high 1st this year.

Devin
09-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Lined up next to Schobel wed have a pretty nice little pass rush. Not great because Kelsay and dip**** would still be here but Dorsey fixes a lot of issues on the DL.

PECKERWOOD
09-22-2007, 08:12 PM
I was thinking more like what he did with Donte Whitner. You could also make some parallels with what he did with McCargo and Poz.

You know, you're really starting to piss me off. You NEVER add anything to the discussion, yet you like to stick your head up and make half- assed, sarcastic responses to my post that aren't even grounded in reality 90% of the time. Try adding something rather than just criticizing all the time.

Try adding something rather than just criticizing all the time.

Coming from you? :rofl:

Illmatic15
09-22-2007, 11:34 PM
I dont want to hurt McCargos and Tim Andersons feelings.......

Elminster
09-23-2007, 12:30 AM
If McCargo comes on and plays more like he did early on in Pittsburgh, our dline would probably be pretty damned awesome. Have Kyle Williams coming off the bench....sounds good to me...

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Coming from you? :rofl:

you can agree or disagree with what I say, but my posts always start out discussing football. It's when people like him come in and start criticizing my tone or my attitude and ignore the football portion of the posts that things get ugly.

The truth is that Marv reached for Whitner, he reached for McCargo and he gave up a lot to get Poz (and while that doesn't fit the textbook definition of a "reach" it still can be considered a questionable move). While it's still too early to tell if these moves pan out, there is no denying that Marv's draft strategy is unorthodox and his decisions often seem questionable at the time they are made.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-23-2007, 06:12 AM
....The truth is that Marv reached for Whitner, he reached for McCargo and he gave up a lot to get Poz (and while that doesn't fit the textbook definition of a "reach" it still can be considered a questionable move). While it's still too early to tell if these moves pan out, there is no denying that Marv's draft strategy is unorthodox and his decisions often seem questionable at the time they are made.

Geez, OP, how many times do I have to answer you (and others) on this issue?

While I don't know about Poz, there is considerable evidence that Whitner and McCargo would have been taken by other teams shortly after they were taken by the Bills (see my article written right after that draft for the BZ front page and subsequent posts on the subject where I cited the evidence). As for Lynch, he was projected to be taken with the 14th pick in most drafts if Buffalo didn't take him.

If any other team's GM jumped in and took a player that another team was about to draft, everyone would be giving him credit for "stealing" the guy from under their noses. But, nobody says that about Levy. They just want to talk about how he "reached" for players that M.Kiper didn't think that highly of.

Well, here's what NFL GM's thought of Kiper's ratings: Youboty was rated by Kiper as a late 1st round pick and Simpson as a late 1st-early 2nd rounder, yet 32 GMs (including a few that I presume that you consider smart and saavy) passed on Youboty for more than 2 rounds and on Simpson for more than 3 rounds; while I have cited evidence that the NY Giants were about to take McCargo with the 32nd pick of that 1st Round. And, oh yeah, Whitner made the All-Rookie team at SS.

Yet, still, you continue to cling to the myth that Levy "reached" for Whitner, McCargo and Lynch. Just because he did not select the players that you wanted the Bills to take and, in the case of McCargo and Posluzny, traded picks that you felt could be used on other players.

Well, you're right on one thing. It is still too early to determine if Levy's moves will pan out or not. But, of course, that's not going to stop you from complaining about them in post after post. If the facts and evidence that has been repeatedly presented here previously aren't going to at least cause you to pause long enough to see if these moves will pan out or not, then one can only conclude that nothing will and that you are determined to continue criticizing those moves regardless and/or simply for the sake of complaining.

I don't have a problem with you taking a critical approach to the Bills in your posts--I may not always agree with you, but IMHO you do have some good insights and your perspective deserves a hearing. But, when you repeatedly ignore facts and evidence, as in this case, in your posts and refuse to acknowledge that you could be wrong (as in the case of Jason Peters--where you repeatedly made fun of the possibility that he would end up being the Bills starting LT), your critical posts become tiresome and, for some, irritating.

Now, I know that probably doesn't matter much to you, but I would like to suggest that your posts would be more effective and you would be better able to bring people to see your perspective if you were to make your points, support them, and then let them speak for themselves. And, where they don't or there is the possibility that things could work out differently than you expect, state that (as you did in the paragraph above from your last post). When you do that, IMHO you make good arguments for your point of view in your posts.

As for critics, well...there will always be critics.

A lot of people have criticize me for the length of my posts. You haven't seen me answer them much, have you? And, try as I might to be brief in my comments, I dare say that my posts really haven't gotten short enough for many of those folks, despite my efforts. What's important is presenting and supporting what I have to say as best as possible so that the argument can stand on its own and speak for itself and I don't have to get into petty arguments. I know that you can do the same in your posts because there have been occasions when I have seen you do it very well. It's when you don't do that and your posts just become repetitious complaints that IMHO your posts draw fire that often draws you into pointless exchanges that ultimately detract from people's ability to see the valid and/or thought-provoking points that you make in your better presented posts.

Of course, that's just my opinion and you may very well disagree. Still, I hope that you will at least find some of what I have said with regard to your posts to be at least somewhat constructive because I do think that you know the game, love the Bills and have a point of view that is worth consideration.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-23-2007, 06:21 AM

Dorsey was the guy that I was hoping that the Bills would take in the last draft if he came out. Unfortunately, he got injured at the end of the season and decided to stay for his senior year rather than come out.

IMHO, Dorsey is a certified monster.

What is really interesting about him is that I have seen LSU play him at both DT spots as well as a DE.

LSU plays a similar system to the Bills, so they use him in a rotation and he is most effective when he gets some rest during a game. If not, he will take a few plays off. But, when he goes full go, he demands a double- or triple-team.

I want the Bills to do well this season. And, I do think that they will improve as the season goes on if they are not totally ravaged by injuries. But, if the Bills do finish poorly, Dorsey is the guy I would most like to see them get. IMHO, if they finish badly enough to get Dorsey, they will be able to get a pretty good CB or WR candidate in the 2nd round.

IMHO Dorsey, McCargo (spelled by Williams and Tripplett), Poz, Whitner and Simpson would make the Bills formidable up the middle in very short order.

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Geez, OP, how many times do I have to answer you (and others) on this issue?

While I don't know about Poz, there is considerable evidence that Whitner and McCargo would have been taken by other teams shortly after they were taken by the Bills (see my article written right after that draft for the BZ front page and subsequent posts on the subject where I cited the evidence). As for Lynch, he was projected to be taken with the 14th pick in most drafts if Buffalo didn't take him.

If any other team's GM jumped in and took a player that another team was about to draft, everyone would be giving him credit for "stealing" the guy from under their noses. But, nobody says that about Levy. They just want to talk about how he "reached" for players that M.Kiper didn't think that highly of.

Well, here's what NFL GM's thought of Kiper's ratings: Youboty was rated by Kiper as a late 1st round pick and Simpson as a late 1st-early 2nd rounder, yet 32 GMs (including a few that I presume that you consider smart and saavy) passed on Youboty for more than 2 rounds and on Simpson for more than 3 rounds; while I have cited evidence that the NY Giants were about to take McCargo with the 32nd pick of that 1st Round. And, oh yeah, Whitner made the All-Rookie team at SS.

Yet, still, you continue to cling to the myth that Levy "reached" for Whitner, McCargo and Lynch. Just because he did not select the players that you wanted the Bills to take and, in the case of McCargo and Posluzny, traded picks that you felt could be used on other players.

Well, you're right on one thing. It is still too early to determine if Levy's moves will pan out or not. But, of course, that's not going to stop you from complaining about them in post after post. If the facts and evidence that has been repeatedly presented here previously aren't going to at least cause you to pause long enough to see if these moves will pan out or not, then one can only conclude that nothing will and that you are determined to continue criticizing those moves regardless and/or simply for the sake of complaining.

I don't have a problem with you taking a critical approach to the Bills in your posts--I may not always agree with you, but IMHO you do have some good insights and your perspective deserves a hearing. But, when you repeatedly ignore facts and evidence, as in this case, in your posts and refuse to acknowledge that you could be wrong (as in the case of Jason Peters--where you repeatedly made fun of the possibility that he would end up being the Bills starting LT), your critical posts become tiresome and, for some, irritating.

Now, I know that probably doesn't matter much to you, but I would like to suggest that your posts would be more effective and you would be better able to bring people to see your perspective if you were to make your points, support them, and then let them speak for themselves. And, where they don't or there is the possibility that things could work out differently than you expect, state that (as you did in the paragraph above from your last post). When you do that, IMHO you make good arguments for your point of view in your posts.

As for critics, well...there will always be critics.

A lot of people have criticize me for the length of my posts. You haven't seen me answer them much, have you? And, try as I might to be brief in my comments, I dare say that my posts really haven't gotten short enough for many of those folks, despite my efforts. What's important is presenting and supporting what I have to say as best as possible so that the argument can stand on its own and speak for itself and I don't have to get into petty arguments. I know that you can do the same in your posts because there have been occasions when I have seen you do it very well. It's when you don't do that and your posts just become repetitious complaints that IMHO your posts draw fire that often draws you into pointless exchanges that ultimately detract from people's ability to see the valid and/or thought-provoking points that you make in your better presented posts.

Of course, that's just my opinion and you may very well disagree. Still, I hope that you will at least find some of what I have said with regard to your posts to be at least somewhat constructive because I do think that you know the game, love the Bills and have a point of view that is worth consideration.

First of all, I NEVER said anything about reaching for Lynch- in fact, I've always said I liked the pick, so I don't know where that came from.

Second, just because one other team or maybe a couple of other teams were willing to take one of those players that high doesn't mean it was worth it. Buffalo's not the only team that makes reaches.

Third, it's pretty obvious that the Bills need help in a lot of areas. So far, Poz looks solid and McCargo doesn't, but either way there are other positions that are seriously hurting right now. Therefore, like it or not, the wisdom of spending 4 first day draft picks on two players has to be questioned.

Fourth, I don't recall ever making fun of Peters at all. I may have been skeptical at first, and I didn't want him moved to LT because the guy gets moved every time he gets good at a position, and he's not exactly known for his smarts. But I certainly never "repeatedly made fun" of him.

If you disagree, you're entitled to your opinion, and as far as posters on this board, you're one of the better ones as far as having some reason and logic for your opinions. But please, don't misrepresent what I've said.

patmoran2006
09-23-2007, 09:50 AM
In my opinion, to get Dorsey we'd have to have a top 2-3 pick, I dont see him going any lower in the draft and depending on what team finishes worse, he could be the top pick in the draft. Not that it means **** right now, but Kiper has his number 1 on his big board.

Having said that, I have serious doubts that the Bills would even keep a top 3 pick. Given the state of our franchsie economically and "cash to cap", I dont see Wilson paying a Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson sized contract to a rookie. I would expect us to trade down and use the bull**** we have more holes to fill as an excuse.

Ironically about Brohm; the person I often hear him compared directly to the most is Jim Kelly. I have little doubt in my mind this is Losman's last season with Buffalo; so to me it becomes an issue of if Edwards is the man of the future on this team; which I personally think he can and will be.

By the way, I hadn't offered my opinion of Dorsey. He's a god-damn monster, and would be PERFECT for this team playing next to McCargo/Tripplett.

Devin
09-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Dorsey was the guy that I was hoping that the Bills would take in the last draft if he came out. Unfortunately, he got injured at the end of the season and decided to stay for his senior year rather than come out.

IMHO, Dorsey is a certified monster.

What is really interesting about him is that I have seen LSU play him at both DT spots as well as a DE.

LSU plays a similar system to the Bills, so they use him in a rotation and he is most effective when he gets some rest during a game. If not, he will take a few plays off. But, when he goes full go, he demands a double- or triple-team.

I want the Bills to do well this season. And, I do think that they will improve as the season goes on if they are not totally ravaged by injuries. But, if the Bills do finish poorly, Dorsey is the guy I would most like to see them get. IMHO, if they finish badly enough to get Dorsey, they will be able to get a pretty good CB or WR candidate in the 2nd round.

IMHO Dorsey, McCargo (spelled by Williams and Tripplett), Poz, Whitner and Simpson would make the Bills formidable up the middle in very short order.

Agreed although the phrase I heard most yesterday was:

"Geeez the guy is over 300 pounds, does he ever stop?"

There was one play where he got in the backfield and chased down the RB damn near all the way across the field.

:pray: