PDA

View Full Version : Sure the defense stinks, but that was expected.

raphael120
09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but we all relinquished to the fact that our defense was going to suck and that our offense was going to have to compensate for that. Going into this season, we spent most of the money on our OL and our first draft pick on our RB.

Our offense was supposed to be "explosive" and "build on the end of last years success" and it was "the side of the ball with the most experience" and theyre under the "same system for a second year". All signs were pointing to our offense being great and being able to compensate for the young struggling defense.

Yet it's almost the other way around. Our defense and special teams are having to compensate for lack of offensive production. They give the offense good field position, holding the other team to field goals, getting INT's...I mean, what more can you really ask for from our obviously talentless defense we currently have? Im not suprised our defense was so horrible, I knew it would be! Everyone did! Our offense thought, clearly, has no excuse. They can't give the reasoning of "losing veterans" or starting rookies. Sure, our defense has problems, but that was totally and acceptably expected. Our offense on the other hand is just outright horrid. And they have no excuse. It's the side of the ball with the supposed 'Pro Bowl' LT and "elite" WR and "Statistically top 10 QB".

All BS. I haven't seen anything elite about Evans thus far, and the only reason we hear about Peters is if he's called for holding (which happens a couple times a game thus far), and I'm not even going to get into the whole JP thing...

Fact of the matter is, a lot of fingers can be pointed, but I firstly point the finger at the towards the side of the ball that had the high expectations. The offense.

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Blame both.

The only difference is that our expectations for the offense were higher (well, after pre-season, mine weren't, but generally speaking). Webster was the only defensive FA we brought in this season, and that was mostly as a stop-gap. The team spent a lot of money and it's 1st draft pick on the O so that was the side of the ball that was supposed to improve.

The only real difference is that the D is supposed to be rebuilding and the offense is supposed to be at least mostly rebuilt. Neither side of the ball is performing, but the D has more excuses than the O at this point.

YardRat
09-23-2007, 01:25 AM
The offense has flat-out sucked.