PDA

View Full Version : The Buffalo Bills are on the clock...

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I won't discount the fact we have had a ton on injuries but regardless we're definitely going to be in the running for #1 this year. I don't see us winning more than 2-3 games.

TheBrownBear
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
We are the worst team in the NFL (mostly due to injuries). There is no doubt in my mind.

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I would say "partly" not "mostly"....the toilet needs flushing again

djjimkelly
09-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I would say "partly" not "mostly"....the toilet needs flushing again

we need a real coaching staff not the discount walmart staffs we keep hiring

like ive been saying for weeks some head coaches in this league make more then our entire coaching staff

BillyT92679
09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I'd say mostly. I think we'd be a 6 or 7 win team without them; now we're staring down the barrel of 3-13. I have a hard time really being upset though. They're playing as hard as they can, as overmatched as they are.

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 02:22 PM
i'd rather win 3 than 6 cause at least you get a top pick...i know people will flame "you're not a fan" but whatever...

DraftBoy
09-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Id say we are staring at a top 5 for sure, closer to top 3. Hello Mr. Dorsey!!

BSU Drew
09-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Assuming we do get the #1 pick... who do we go for?

DraftBoy
09-23-2007, 02:49 PM

a trade, McFadden is the #1, Dallas wants him bad we could get two 1sts for our #1 and maybe a player or two

ddaryl
09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Knowing the Bills and their inability to do anything right anymore... we will probably trade the #1 overall pick for 2nd round picks in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Novacane
09-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Wonderful. It's only week 3 and all we have to look forward to is next years draft.

venis2k1
09-23-2007, 02:55 PM
only 49 weeks till opening day!!!

churchinski
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I won't discount the fact we have had a ton on injuries but regardless we're definitely going to be in the running for #1 this year. I don't see us winning more than 2-3 games.

Will they spend enough money to sign the 1st pick overall ?

Luisito23
09-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Is there any LT or Manning type of player this year???....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Night Train
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM

Glen Dorsey - DT - LSU

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
a trade, McFadden is the #1, Dallas wants him bad we could get two 1sts for our #1 and maybe a player or two
Negative.

EDS
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Dorsey is a no brainer.

Wys Guy
09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
The Buffalo Bills are on the clock...

And somehow still, why do I see them drafting 4th due to indecision while in possession of the top overall pick.

I hate to break it to anyone thinking that's gonna make a difference, this team is a wee bit more than a couple of players and a decent coach away from winning.

Devin
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Dorsey no question. I sing his praises so much because I watch every LSU game and im telling you that kid is absolutley a difference maker on an ailing D such as ours.

TO me the bigger questions is where we spend the rest of our picks and if anything what we do in FA.

don137
09-23-2007, 04:54 PM
I could see Buffalo trading down out of the top five. They can't afford a top five player. It would take up all there cash to cap space.

Mudflap1
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Who should we draft? Dorsey. What will happen? We'll trade down, we're too cheap to pay for a top 5 player.

Jon

Slim
09-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Dorsey. Or maybe Desean Jackson. Evans and Jackson would tear it up.

henrybacker
09-23-2007, 05:54 PM

A safety probably.

Maybe Marv shouldn't piss away draft picks every year when there are TONS of holes to fill.

Akhippo
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Since it looks like we will have a top 3 pick. I would trade down, grab a second. Take a DT with the first. They have to hold the middle.

A TE with the first second. Not one of these, fullback/TE/whatever backs that do nothing.

A corner with the other second and a linebacker with the third.

Then get a real FB in here. Whos only job is to blow people up.

OH and a new coaching staff.

Ingtar33
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
trading down out of the top 5 is worth atleast 2 or 3 1st rounders... depending how far back we go

Bmax
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Brian Brohm-The Next Jim Kelly.............VIEW HIGHLIGHT PACKAGE ...HIS DELIVERY IS VERY SIMILIAR TO KELLY'S

http://louisville.edu/athletics/sportsinfo/football/brohm/multimedia.html

http://www.brianbrohm.info/

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brohm_brian00.html

BMAX

Confused
09-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Limas Sweede. big. fast as heck and great hands.

W1DER1GHT
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I could see Buffalo trading down out of the top five. They can't afford a top five player. It would take up all there cash to cap space.

Yeah, that's all we need. Get killed all year, and throw away the only good thing that will come of it because Ralph wants to save some cash. I wish I didn't think you were right.

Confused
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
sad but true

Oaf
09-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Wonderful. It's only week 3 and all we have to look forward to is next years draft.
How depressing I know.

clumping platelets
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM

They seem to be doing just fine with Barber

DraftBoy
09-24-2007, 07:51 AM
They seem to be doing just fine with Barber

Yes but they also dont want him to be just a single back, and Jerry Jones has already publicly stated multiple times about how much he admires the way McFadden runs and his versatility. They'll dump Jones somewhere and make a move for McFadden. Its been reported by numerous sources that they have scouts at every Arkansas game so far. He's gonna be their top target, and honestly I dont know why. I think Barber could be a 20-25 carry back but they dont trust him to hold up so thats on them. Not shocked they are considering dropping Jones though guy gets knicked up alot in games and sometimes really struggles to find the hole.

R. Rich
09-24-2007, 08:03 AM

You'd take him if he's there, Devlin would too. Do you think the Bills would? I dunno. I think they'd take a CB (actually wouldn't be a bad pick considering how crappy our DBs have played) or some skill player on offense, perhaps a wideout. As much as I'd love to see Dorsey be the pick, I just don't think it would happen. They hardly ever get the guy I'd like to see them get.

Thanks, Bills. Here we are in Week 4, and we're talking 'bout next year's draft already. Wonderful.

DraftBoy
09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
You'd take him if he's there, Devlin would too. Do you think the Bills would? I dunno. I think they'd take a CB (actually wouldn't be a bad pick considering how crappy our DBs have played) or some skill player on offense, perhaps a wideout. As much as I'd love to see Dorsey be the pick, I just don't think it would happen. They hardly ever get the guy I'd like to see them get.

Thanks, Bills. Here we are in Week 4, and we're talking 'bout next year's draft already. Wonderful.

Agree with you completely, however I dont see a CB or a WR worth a top 5 pick at this point. Jackson still has alot of work to do WR wise to become more than just the next Ted Ginn and Cason, neither McShay nor Kiper rank as even a 1st rounder (not that it means much) so the only other top CB would be King and I dont know that he's top 5 type of a guy. Your the resident Penn St fan is he worth a pick that high?

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 10:35 AM

Sucks doesn't it? Oh well, Ralph's pockets are still being lined so that's all that matters. As long as the local yocals keep showing up to the games Ralph will continue to be satisfied being a loser.

Dont drink the water
09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
If Buffalo is smart they will trade down multiple times. It would be nice to have 4 1st rounders like Jets had one year. Some will advocating spending all of their eggs in one basket so they can complain year after year.

gr8slayer
09-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes but they also dont want him to be just a single back, and Jerry Jones has already publicly stated multiple times about how much he admires the way McFadden runs and his versatility. They'll dump Jones somewhere and make a move for McFadden. Its been reported by numerous sources that they have scouts at every Arkansas game so far. He's gonna be their top target, and honestly I dont know why. Not shocked they are considering dropping Jones though guy gets knicked up alot in games and sometimes really struggles to find the hole.
Let it be known right now that unless the Browns pick happens to be a 1-3 the Cowboys will not be drafting him. If the Browns pick happens to be a 10-15 and the Cowboys a 29-32 there will be no McFadden here in Dallas. Jones is unwilling to trade away two first round picks for one guy and they have needs bigger than RB to fill.

I think Barber could be a 20-25 carry back but they dont trust him to hold up so thats on them.Where the hell are you getting that information from?

Hopper15
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Brian Brohm would be nice.

gr8slayer
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Brian Brohm would be nice.
Yeah that would be good. That would mean that we just wasted a third rounder this year :up: hurray!