PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Grades

more cowbell
09-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Quarterback: After Losman was injured on the first drive, the rookie we've all been waiting to see play took the team 80 yards down the field capped off by a Lynch TD run. Edwards seemed poised, especially for it being his first ever NFL game. He threw some passes low, and threw a terrible interception. But he also made some good throws when he was actually allowed to throw the ball.Is he the QB of the future? Who knows... neither QB can throw for over 100 yards. With this offensive play calling Peyton Manning would look like a bum.
Grade: C

Running Back: Lynch is the only bright spot on this team so far this season. He runs with his head down and always falls foward. He definetaly doesn't look like a rookie when he runs the ball, he hits the hole hard and challenges defenders with confidence. Anthony Thomas was in the backfield early in the game on some third downs, and Dwayne Wright got some carries late in the 4th quarter. This unit is certainly not the reason the offense is lethargic.
Grade: B

Wide Recievers: Where is Lee Evans? Granted, he was playing another great corner in Asante Samuel, and had a Rookie throwing the ball to him but he is completely non-existant. He is supossed to be the big play threat on this offense, and when he did have the ball thrown down field to him he dropped it. Reed had a catch and Price for once actaully moved the chains on Edwards first drive. Parrish once again had a nice third down conversion, and a beautiful sideline catch. But no suprise as the coaching staff kept him off the field for no reason again.
Grade: D

Tight Ends: Do the Bills have Tight Ends?
Grade: F

O-Line: For the most part did a good job in pass protecting, and created some running holes for Lynch, considering they were playing the best defense in the NFL. Jason Peters has a new hobby of taking either false start, or holding penalties.
Grade: B-

D-Line: McCagro again was disruptive in the backfield, and at times was double teamed by the Patriots line. He is turning into a solid defensive tackle. The problem is that once again Larry Tripplett was engulfed all day, and Kyle Williams failed to get any penetration, except for one running play he stopped for a 6 yard loss. Schobel had a garbage sack against Brady, and Tim Anderson is useless.

Linebackers: Posluszny had a few nice plays including a tackle stopping a 4th down conversion. He later left the game with a broken wrist. He was replaced in the middle by Jon DiGiorgio who was blocked out of almost every single run play. Haggan was invisible, and Crowell was beaten badly in pass coverage. This unit desperatley needs help. NOW.

Secondary: Started off the game well. Greer was beaten by Moss twice for touchdowns, but suprisingly was in good position on both of them. Youboty played pretty well, only allowing one big pass to Stallworth where Brady had about 13 seconds to throw the ball. Jim Leonhard has no business starting in the NFL. Whitner was beaten in coverage, but was yet again used as more of a linebacker. Kiwaukee Thomas brings back memories of Chris Watson
Grade: D

Special Teams: Moorman punted well, which is a given week in and week out. Josh Scobey replaced injured Terrence McGee returning kicks, and looked terrible. Why not try Roscoe Parrish back there? John Wendling had a beautiful scoop of the ball out of the endzone on a punt that was downed at the 2. Once again the most prepared unit on the team.
Grade: B

Coaching: Despite all the injures this team has, there is still no excuse for the play calling on this offense. Steve Fairchild is clueless on this passing game. Before half time the Bills had 3 time outs and over a minue to take the ball down field and TRY for atleast a field goal to cut the lead to 7. Instead Jauron decided to run the clock out, showing no confidence in his team what so ever. Rookie QB or not, if you have 3 time outs and are trailing by 10, you try to gain some momentum before you go in for half time. This coaching staff has back up players starting on offense and defense, and they play completely gutless football. It's embarassing and frustrating for the fans to watch.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 03:20 PM
nice job! I'm glad decided to take over. Because I don't have the heart to do them right now, or the time and motivation. :ill:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree with all but the coaches... their grade should be a Z

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Seems like a fair assessment.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually, I would give the special teams a C-. Their coverage was horrible. With all those injuries, this is definitely NOT the top 5 special teams in the league. :ill:

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
S for SUCK

Oaf
09-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I honestly believe Parrish would be a star in the league if utilized properly on a different team. :cynic:

YardRat
09-23-2007, 08:50 PM
How can you give a grade to somebody that didn't even show up for class?

Confused
09-23-2007, 09:10 PM
we are the new cardinals. I blame ralph. that old fart needs to die and let the chips fall where they may. a new owner who will spend some ****** money and buy a decent coaching staff. I hate Dick Jauron sooo much right now. The play callling was infuriating. jauron basically gave up the game with 1:20 left in the 1st half. When you are down, late in the 2nd half, ITS ALWAYS 4 DOWN FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wys Guy
09-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree with all but the coaches... their grade should be a Z
More like a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Michael82
09-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks again man! I did these last year, but with working the overnight and then always take me a while to get them posted, so it's much appreciated. I added it to the front page and added a pic to it. :up:

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2007/09/24/game_day_report_card.php