PDA

View Full Version : Who is your 2nd team?

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Since rooting for the Bills is going to be a love of pain this season, who are you rooting for as your second team? For me it's the Pack, hands down. Love Favre - he deserves another SB win before he rides of into the sunset.

imbondz
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
my 2nd team is the 0-3 Rams :bravo:

tat2dmike77
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
2nd favorite teams are for bandwagon jumpers

Luisito23
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Nobody!!!...:negrep:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

SquishDaFish
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Ive always liked the Browns but their not much better right now. And I dont mind Dallas because I grew up with my dad being a Dallas fan.

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
My 2nd team is the Eagles because I have a lot of family in the area. But they're always #2 no matter how bad it gets for the Bills. I'll flip to the Eagles game or the Game Mix channel to check the Eagles score when the Bills are on commercial, but that's about it. I stayed with our game til the bitter end today, as always.

Devin
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
The Saints although they have been sucking it up terribly as well.

Iehoshua
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Since rooting for the Bills is going to be a love of pain this season, who are you rooting for as your second team? For me it's the Pack, hands down. Love Favre - he deserves another SB win before he rides of into the sunset.
Same here but only cuz of my wife...

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
My 2nd team is the Eagles because I have a lot of family in the area. But they're always #2 no matter how bad it gets for the Bills. I'll flip to the Eagles game or the Game Mix channel to check the Eagles score when the Bills are on commercial, but that's about it. I stayed with our game til the bitter end today, as always.

I'm with you...some people have to understand it is OK to have a secondary team to root for...does NOT mean any less of a Bills fan. When the Bills play the Pack it's not even a contest - I always go Bills. Nothing wrong with rooting for another team at the same time (as long as it doesn't impact the Bills' situation)

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Usually I just tune out, but historically it's been the Denver Broncos.

ajsdx
i also don't have a second team. like mr. cynical, my second team is whoever is playing the patriots.

LtFinFan66
No offense to the thread starter but true fans don't have 2nd teams

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Nobody!!!...:negrep:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Sigh... like lemmings off a cliff...

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM

"True fans" are sheep. I expect results.

Iehoshua
09-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I only "adopt" another team if mine is out of it.

The Bills were clearly never in it this year.

tat2dmike77
09-23-2007, 03:33 PM
"True fans" are sheep. I expect results.

Then watch golf for results

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 03:34 PM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised a fin fan can't grasp this concept. :rolleyes:

mybills
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Giants. Another injury riddled team. Go Redskins..you can also be proud of stealing candy from babies.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Dallas Cowboys, if only we had an owner like Jerry Jones :(

tat2dmike77
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Since most of you have 2nd favorite teams does this mean you will quit posting here and whinning about how bad the team is? Or do we still have to put up with your crying even though you have given up this year?

LtFinFan66
09-23-2007, 03:42 PM
"True fans" are sheep. I expect results.I gave you a nice neg:negrep:.....how's that for results?? I expect results too as a true fan but I don't jump ship for a 2nd team if I don't get them. There is a word for fans like you....BANDWAGON!!!

mybills
09-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I KNOW you're not talking to me, tat. I will NEVER give up on the Bills.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I gave you a nice neg:negrep:.....how's that for results?? I expect results too as a true fan but I don't jump ship for a 2nd team if I don't get them. There is a word for fans like you....BANDWAGON!!!
Just because you enjoy watching multiple teams it doesn't make you a bad fan of your primary team....

tat2dmike77
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM
If you have a 2nd favorite team that your going to root for from now on i am.

mybills
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I gave you a nice neg:negrep:.....how's that for results?? I expect results too as a true fan but I don't jump ship for a 2nd team if I don't get them. There is a word for fans like you....BANDWAGON!!!
:coocoo:

It is perfectly, etiquette-ly OK to root for an AFC and NFC favorite. The ******isim comes from rooting for two in the same conference or division.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
If you have a 2nd favorite team that your going to root for from now on i am.
I make it no secret. When the Bills aren't on I watch the Cowboys. I see nothing wrong with that, I don't understand some of ya'lls feeble, primal minds.

ajsdx
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I make it no secret. When the Bills aren't on I watch the Cowboys. I see nothing wrong with that, I don't understand some of ya'lls feeble, primal minds.

I understand the concept of rooting for two teams, especially in two different conferences, but I honestly don't understand how you and Val can root for the Bills AND the Cowboys. After those two Super Bowls, I think I would either root for the Cowboys or the Bills all out -- it was too divisive a game to still have loyalties to both.

I had a friend once who grew up in Chapel Hill as a die-hard Heels fan and then went to Duke where she became a die-hard Devils fan. She tried to convince me that it was OK to root for both, and that she still loved both virtually equally except when they were playing for each other. Sorry sis, but the rivalry is too divisive and bitter to root for both.

TheBrownBear
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Miami and Oakland. The more they win the higher our likelihood of grabbing the #1. JK.

Honestly, San Diego (my current home) and Washington (my former home). I don't really like these teams that much but I live(d) in both of these cities so you are constantly bombarded with info and become familiar with the teams.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I understand the concept of rooting for two teams, especially in two different conferences, but I honestly don't understand how you and Val can root for the Bills AND the Cowboys. After those two Super Bowls, I think I would either root for the Cowboys or the Bills all out -- it was too divisive a game to still have loyalties to both.

I had a friend once who grew up in Chapel Hill as a die-hard Heels fan and then went to Duke where she became a die-hard Devils fan. She tried to convince me that it was OK to root for both, and that she still loved both virtually equally except when they were playing for each other. Sorry sis, but the rivalry is too divisive and bitter to root for both.
Well I've lived in Texas my whole life, I've lived in Dallas for three years. I was too young to really care about the SB's back in the day so it really doesn't bother me all that much.

When they face each other again on MNF I'll be wearing my Dockery jersey and my Bills hat disgracing the Cowboys. Hell I'll actually be at the game holding a sign that says "we came all the way from Dallas to watch the Bills destroy the Cowboys"

Mad Bomber
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't have one.

LtFinFan66
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Just because you enjoy watching multiple teams it doesn't make you a bad fan of your primary team....There's a difference between WATCHING other teams and having a second team. At least IMO. I watch any and al games

mybills
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM

First of all, it's Valerie.
Secondly, my second is the Giants. They just happened to play the Bills in SB 25 afterwards, but I still rooted for the Bills cuz they're my #1.

It happens. Don't be so quick to judge.

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Please re-read my original post and try again. I never said to "jump ship". I said a 2nd team to root for, not a replacement team.

:krusty:

LtFinFan66
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I make it no secret. When the Bills aren't on I watch the Cowboys. I see nothing wrong with that, I don't understand some of ya'lls feeble, primal minds.I watch any game but I don't root for any other team. I like watching Peyton Manning play but that doesn't make them my "2nd" team:idunno:

ajsdx
09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Well I've lived in Texas my whole life, I've lived in Dallas for three years. I was too young to really care about the SB's back in the day so it really doesn't bother me all that much.

When they face each other again on MNF I'll be wearing my Dockery jersey and my Bills hat disgracing the Cowboys. Hell I'll actually be at the game holding a sign that says "we came all the way from Dallas to watch the Bills destroy the Cowboys"

Well, good for you! I like the irony of writing that you came all the way from Dallas. The destroying part, I guess we'll find out soon.

mybills
09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
I watch any game but I don't root for any other team. I like watching Peyton Manning play but that doesn't make them my "2nd" team:idunno:
Then OBVIOUSLY you DON'T have a 2nd. And that's OK, too. Let's leave it at that.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Well, good for you! I like the irony of writing that you came all the way from Dallas. The destroying part, I guess we'll find out soon.
Even when the Pats started putting in the back-ups I was cheering just as hard/if not harder for the Bills.

ajsdx
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
First of all, it's Valerie.
Secondly, my second is the Giants. They just happened to play the Bills in SB 25 afterwards, but I still rooted for the Bills cuz they're my #1.

It happens. Don't be so quick to judge.

I have to admit I don't know much about Val except that she roots for the Bills and the Cowboys. Also, I'm not really judging you -- sports are probably mistaken for religion a little too much these days anyway, and if you want to root for both, obviously that's not a problem to anyone. But after the Bills lost that heartbreaker to the Giants in 1991, didn't you feel hatred towards the Giants? Didn't that diminish your interest in them afterwards?

raphael120
09-23-2007, 04:19 PM
I just gotta say this...

"HERE WE GO STEEELERS, HERE WE GO!"

The OTHER blue collar town that knows how to manage a football team.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I just gotta say this...

"HERE WE GO STEEELERS, HERE WE GO!"

The OTHER blue collar town that knows how to manage a football team.
There are 31 other teams in the league that know how to run a team. We just have the greediest owner who doesn't know dick about football.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Brett Favre

justasportsfan
09-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I concur.

Dumb thread.

Meathead
09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
my second favorite team is whoever is playing the patriots especially in the playoffs

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
my second favorite team is whoever is playing the patriots especially in the playoffs

good point....i should have stated that the Pack is my 2(a) and anyone playing the effing Pats is my 2(b)....

83evans
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I liked the ravens before WM. I would pick the Jets if they wernt in my division and NO is just bad so Ill say the bengals.

Mad Bomber
09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't have a second favorite team.

All I can say is that if the Bills were ever to move from Buffalo, my favorite team would be whoever was playing them on any given week.

mybills
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
I have to admit I don't know much about Val except that she roots for the Bills and the Cowboys. Also, I'm not really judging you -- sports are probably mistaken for religion a little too much these days anyway, and if you want to root for both, obviously that's not a problem to anyone. But after the Bills lost that heartbreaker to the Giants in 1991, didn't you feel hatred towards the Giants? Didn't that diminish your interest in them afterwards?

No, it really didn't. It was a win win for me.
My #1 is the Bills.
Valerie's #1 is Dallas.
There's a big difference.

btw, THANK YOU, GIANTS! :bf1:
You killed Valerie's most hated team! F the skins! :snicker:

Jeff1220
09-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Honestly, since the team has sucked so badly in recent years, my interest has decreased. I actually canceled Sunday Ticket right before the season this year (with a much less expensive streamtvnow.com subscription). I still pay a lot of attention, but I don't let it keep me from other plans anymore. It's actually been great for my family.
Because of this, I don't think I'd be a diehard NFL fan anymore if the Bills moved. I'd still pay a lot of attention, but not like I have my whole life. I just couldn't make myself like another team. There are players out there that I am a fan of, but not enough to pick another whole team.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Honestly, since the team has sucked so badly in recent years, my interest has decreased. I actually canceled Sunday Ticket right before the season this year (with a much less expensive streamtvnow.com subscription). I still pay a lot of attention, but I don't let it keep me from other plans anymore. It's actually been great for my family.
Because of this, I don't think I'd be a diehard NFL fan anymore if the Bills moved. I'd still pay a lot of attention, but not like I have my whole life. I just couldn't make myself like another team. There are players out there that I am a fan of, but not enough to pick another whole team.
I haven't lost any interest but I can see how you might. Easily the worst team in the last decade.

MikeInRoch
09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
My second favorite team is whoever is playing the Dolphins. My third favorite is whoever is playing the Cowboys.

Illmatic15
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Philadelphia Eagles are my second fav team, but the Bills are always in my heart...

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I have to say Jacksonville.

MTBillsFan
09-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Any one that beats the Patriots

mybills
09-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Any one that beats the Patriots
They play the Steelers, Colts & I think maybe the Giants.
:evil:

ParanoidAndroid
09-23-2007, 07:04 PM
I always go with the underdog, but I like the Seahawks as my #2. I had a silver 'hawks jacket when I was little.

BAM
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't mind Green Bay too much because of my grandfather and once the Bills move out of Buffalo, I'll probably become a Steelers fan because of my father.