PDA

View Full Version : The WR's need to take more of the blame

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I noticed several times when Edwards had time but couldn't find anyone open. The same thing has happened to JP in previous weeks. Conclusion: with both QB's having the same problem, maybe the problem is more on the WR's.

I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for Losman because he has played poorly, but there is a lot of blame to go around on this team, and so far I haven't seen anyone really calling out the WR's.

Of course, if the WR's aren't getting open, that could be a result of playcalling or a result of execution- my guess is both.

But at this point, it should be pretty obvious that the QB's, WR's and Fairchild all have a hand in why this offense is struggling.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Good post! I hate Peerless Price. He couldn't get open if the cornerback tripped on his feet and broke an ankle. :ill:

And Lee Evans is overrated. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's not playing the way he played last year. Where's the top 10 receiver that we thought he was? I'm sorry, but a guy who is supposed to be one of the best should be able to separate from the double/triple coverage sometimes. And also should be able to get open when he is single covered! :mad:

Philagape
09-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Bringing in Peerless Price to be our No. 2 WR is probably the dumbest thing Marv Levy has ever done in his life.

RockStar36
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Flip flop, flip flop, flip flop, flip flop

venis2k1
09-23-2007, 03:38 PM
whats eric moulds up to???? but seriously, we need to get rosoce and lee evans involved.

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM

who are you addressing with this?

Philagape
09-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Yes, our receivers play like they're running around in flip flops! Very astute observation, I agree.

historypete
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
It is sad when your 3rd and 4th WR are the most dependable guys you have. Price is a waste, I've said that since watching him at training camp.

Evans has really disappointed. I know he catching a lot of double teams, but he doesn't seem to be willing to go and get the ball. For instance, that bomb towards the end of the game, he has to win that matchup. He is in single coverage, and has to out-leap the DB for the ball, but instead he just kind of waited for the ball while the DB made the play.

The other problem seems to be, Fairchild only has Evans running three patterns on every play, the hitch pattern, the 10 yard out, and the fly pattern. Send him over the middle, run post patterns. He has the speed to get separation on those routes, but of course our BRILLIANT Offensive Coordinatior won't or can't devise those types of plays.

justasportsfan
09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Good post! I hate Peerless Price. He couldn't get open if the cornerback tripped on his feet and broke an ankle. :ill:

And Lee Evans is overrated. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's not playing the way he played last year. Where's the top 10 receiver that we thought he was? I'm sorry, but a guy who is supposed to be one of the best should be able to separate from the double/triple coverage sometimes. And also should be able to get open when he is single covered! :mad:
You forgot to blame the rb as well.

over reaction as usual has gotten you flipflopping. So what now? Let's not extend Evans anymore? :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who we have in this team. They are not going to do anything when your coach has his head up his arse.

raphael120
09-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry, but I've fumed about this many times and I'm going to do it again.

WHY IN GODS NAME DO WE HAVE A GUY WHO FAILED IN ATLANTA, AND NEVER GOT ON THE FIELD WHEN SIGNED TO THE COWBOYS, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN, HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A #2 WR IN BUFFALO!?!?!?

I honestly think that Ralph is DUMB enough to think that name recognition is that important to fans that he'll make Marv GM and Price a #2 WR. If you ask me, and it's apparent thus far, NEITHER are cut out for the job.

Ralph is a complete and utter failure and Bills fans who still support him are blind and just fuel his incompetance and line his pockets.

justasportsfan
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
you can groan me all you want Mikey. Your post is a douche.

You know who was a flop with the other teams and then looks like a probowler? Morris. There's Welker.

Do you see the difference between Moss with the Pats and Moss with the Raiders?

Coaches can make players like Antoine Smith win sb's for them.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 04:47 PM
you can groan me all you want Mikey. Your post is a douche.

You know who was a flop with the other teams and then looks like a probowler? Morris. There's Welker.

Do you see the difference between Moss with the Pats and Moss with the Raiders?

Coaches can make players like Antoine Smith win sb's for them.
I agree with your main statement. The coaches are the biggest problem, but you are making it personal with me and saying that i'm flip flopping and exaggerating. :::

justasportsfan
09-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I agree with your main statement. The coaches are the biggest problem, but you are making it personal with me and saying that i'm flip flopping and exaggerating. :::
Weren't you one of those who wanted Evans locked up now you're saying he's over rated? Groan yourself for flipflopping. I didn't say you're exaggerating. Just Over reacting. Something you have the tendency of doing.

I've gotten on OP but I'm not allowed to call your post a douche and when I do it's personal? I attacked your post.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Weren't you one of those who wanted Evans locked up now you're saying he's over rated? Groan yourself for flipflopping. I didn't say you're exaggerating. Just Over reacting. Something you have the tendency of doing.

I've gotten on OP but I'm not allowed to call your post a douche and when I do it's personal? I attacked your post.
I know and that's why I groaned. Only reason why. What i'm doing is not necessarily flip flopping. I'm saying that maybe I overrated Lee Evans. Maybe we all did. Maybe he's good, but he's nowhere near Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson or Reggie Wayne.... :idunno:

Or maybe it's all because the offensive coordinator is a ****ing moron and doesn't know how to call plays for his star receiver. I'm not sure! I think it's a little bit of both.

henrybacker
09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious before the season that the WR core sucks.

I really wonder if Price and Reed weren't given 2 of the worst contracts in Bill's history, where the two would be.

Any speculation on that?(nonsarcastic responses welcome)

patmoran2006
09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Bringing in Peerless Price to be our No. 2 WR is probably the dumbest thing Marv Levy has ever done in his life.
Agreed it was a dumb decision, but it's not even close to being the dumbest thing he's done since becoming GM.

Off the top of my head, in no particular order:
* Trading up and taking McCargo instead of a future perennial pro bowl center in Nick Mangold.

* Hate to say it, but maybe Whitner was a reach. He's not a bad safety by no means, but I've seen NOTHING to show me he's going to be special and stand out from being different than most other starters in the league.

* Giving Kelsay $6 million per year to basically grab quarterbacks and not hold to them; jump offsides and come to the sidelines every 4th or 5th play.

* Jason Webster as the cure for Clements.

* Give Robert Royal $2 million per year to basically do nothing positive.

* Last but certainly not least, have a QB mess of a situation when Jay CUtler, who's strong arm would've been perfect for Buffalo-- get passed over for Whitner.

raphael120
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Agreed it was a dumb decision, but it's not even close to being the dumbest thing he's done since becoming GM.

* Trading up and taking McCargo instead of a future perennial pro bowl center in Nick Mangold.

* Hate to say it, but maybe Whitner was a reach. He's not a bad safety by no means, but I've seen NOTHING to show me he's going to be special and stand out from being different than most other starters in the league.

* Giving Kelsay $6 million per year to basically grab quarterbacks and not hold to them; jump offsides and come to the sidelines every 4th or 5th play.

* Last but certainly not least, have a QB mess of a situation when Jay CUtler, who's strong arm would've been perfect for Buffalo-- get passed over for Whitner.
Exactly why I say **** Wilson, Marv, and Jauron for putting such a horrid team on the field. It's not one or two things they ****ed up, it's EVERYTHING!!!! I'm following a REAL NFL team in the Steelers from here on out, and I'll see ya'll next year.

henrybacker
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
and reed and maybe 2 or 3 of the OL man this past year.(we'll see)

Philagape
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM

Jury's still out on McCargo.

See McCargo. At least both still have upside left.

That, to me, is probably closest to Price.

Actually, I think Youboty is the bigger disappointment. He and McGee were supposed to be the future at CB, with Webster as depth. But Youboty's still young too.

Price gets 2.5

at the time, we had our young QB.

I put Price first because so much else is impacted by it. The lack of a competent No. 2 WR lets teams focus solely on Evans, and there goes our offense.
Plus, Price has had one good year in his career, got dumped by multiple teams, and had no reason to give anyone hope for a turnaround.

Marv brought in a proven failure for a crucial position.